|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the BDSM article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5|
|Wikipedia is not censored.
Images or details contained within this article may be graphic or otherwise objectionable to ensure a quality article and complete coverage of its subject matter. For more information, please refer to Wikipedia's content disclaimer regarding objectionable content and options to not see an image.
|This article is of interest to multiple WikiProjects. Click [show] for further details.|
|Contract (BDSM) was nominated for deletion. The debate was closed on 06 November 2012 with a consensus to merge. Its contents were merged into BDSM. The original page is now a redirect to here. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected article, please see its history; for its talk page, see here.|
|Branding (BDSM) was nominated for deletion. The debate was closed on 20 May 2010 with a consensus to merge. Its contents were merged into BDSM. The original page is now a redirect to here. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected article, please see its history; for its talk page, see here.|
|Scene (BDSM) was nominated for deletion. The debate was closed on 14 May 2010 with a consensus to merge. Its contents were merged into BDSM. The original page is now a redirect to here. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected article, please see its history; for its talk page, see here.|
|A request was made for this article, or a prior version of it, to be copyedited by the League of Copyeditors on 04:15, 17 December 2007 (UTC). Unfortunately, the request was denied – the reason for its refusal is given below. The League is always in need of editors with a good grasp of English to review articles. Visit the Project page if you are interested in helping.
Proofread denied by Unimaginative Username (talk) (04:17, 17 December 2007 (UTC)) – Substantial discussion and improvement, but still needs revision beyond copy-editing: sources, verifiability, clear definition of terms, etc. Left a suggested plan for improvement..
Semi-protected edit request on 4 December 2016Edit
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
188.8.131.52 (talk) 03:03, 4 December 2016 (UTC)
Bdsm does not include "dominant/submissive"Edit
- There is a long Etymology section which includes the terms you removed. Your revised statement is of an uncited, historical nature. In the lede, we should state the full, current understanding of the term and save the historical notes for the Etymology section if 1\ there are good references for them, and 2\ if there is consensus for the change (which may be difficult, given the depth of the discussion at Talk:BDSM/Archive_4#Etymology). HalJor (talk) 00:40, 17 January 2017 (UTC)
- Deisenbe -- the earliest mention of "BDSM" in the Google Groups archive is June 19th 1991 (see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/alt.sex.bondage/AecFY02zLBQ/2pzeED3b9l0J ), while already on November 9th 1991 the analysis of BDSM as the "two-letter sequences" "bd/ds/sm" is mentioned (see https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/bdsm$20bd$20ds$20sm$20group$3Aalt.sex.bondage$20before$3A1992$2F01$2F01/alt.sex.bondage/mLvZZQqKjtk/VKM1XfGikfoJ ). There's no valid evidence that I'm aware of that the term "BDSM" existed or was at all widely known or used before about 1990, so your assertion would appear to be incorrect. AnonMoos (talk) 03:46, 27 January 2017 (UTC)
- Not sure how many religious groups have even officially considered the matter, but in one particular case, a Catholic priest told a married couple that it was fine, provided that it was confined within marriage, no lasting harm was done, and no contraception was used... -- AnonMoos (talk) 03:55, 27 January 2017 (UTC)
Good references for article expansionEdit
I just spotted these two good WP:RS references, which look suitable as sources for the article:
and the academic publications they report on:
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18563549 Hormonal changes and couple bonding in consensual sadomasochistic activity
- http://www.niu.edu/user/tj0bjs1/bdsm/Cutler%20(2003).pdf Partner Selection, Power Dynamics, and Sexual Bargaining in Self-Defined BDSM Couples
- http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jsm.12734/abstract What Exactly Is an Unusual Sexual Fantasy?
and this meta-resource, from Brad Sagarin's research group, looks really promising:
Where to redirect the term rough sexEdit
See Wikipedia:Redirects for discussion/Log/2017 March 21#Rough sex. Flyer22 Reborn (talk) 05:10, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
Under the glossary of BDSM, there are links to some aspects of dom/subspace and dom/sub drop. When I looked on this page, there is no mention of either, yet I do not know if there needs to be due to the fact that it is under the Wiki Glossary. Even in the glossary, there are no sources or references to related topics of space. In addition, there is another separate yet related site about BDSM related to Wiki. Would it be better to mention it on this page or link in the glossary, if anything? Fescandon (talk) 21:13, 26 March 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on BDSM. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120224221722/http://www.mistresssky.com/terms.html to http://www.mistresssky.com/terms.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20161020021649/http://www.niu.edu/user/tj0bjs1/bdsm/Richters%2C%20de%20Visser%2C%20Rissel%2C%20Grulich%2C%20%26%20Smith%20%282008%29.pdf to http://www.niu.edu/user/tj0bjs1/bdsm/Richters%2C%20de%20Visser%2C%20Rissel%2C%20Grulich%2C%20%26%20Smith%20%282008%29.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090327070824/http://www.leatherarchives.org/resources/issue21.pdf to http://www.leatherarchives.org/resources/issue21.pdf
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.worldwidebdsm.com/Club-%26amp-Munch-Directory
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.