Takashi Murakami (golfer)
|Born||25 May 1944|
Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (180 lb; 13 st)|
|Former tour(s)||Japan Golf Tour|
|Number of wins by tour|
|Japan Golf Tour||11|
|Best results in major championships|
|Masters Tournament||T37: 1976|
|The Open Championship||DNP|
|Achievements and awards|
|Japan Golf Tour|
leading money winner
Murakami also had a decent amount of success outside of Japan. He recorded runner-up finishes on the Australian Tour's 1969 Australian PGA Championship and 1972 New Zealand PGA Championship. He finished runner-up at the 1972 Singapore Open and 1972 Hong Kong Open. In addition, he finished in a tie for second at the PGA Tour's 1977 Hawaiian Open. He was invited to the Masters Tournament in 1976 and 1977.
Professional wins (18)Edit
Japan Golf Tour wins (11)Edit
- 1973 (1) All Nippon Doubles (with Hideyo Sugimoto)
- 1974 (2) Chunichi Crowns, Golf Digest Tournament
- 1975 (4) Japan PGA Match-Play Championship, Japan Open, Japan PGA Championship, Nippon Series
- 1976 (3) ANA Sapporo Open, Kanto Pro Championship, Bridgestone Tournament
- 1977 (1) Golf Digest Tournament
Japanese circuit wins (6)Edit
- 1967 Grand Monarch
- 1968 Rolex Tournament
- 1969 All Nippon Doubles (with Hideyo Sugimoto)
- 1970 All Nippon Doubles (with Hideyo Sugimoto)
- 1972 All Nippon Doubles (with Masashi Ozaki), Tohoku Classic
Asian circuit win (1)Edit
- "Takashi Murakami". Japan Golf Tour Organization. Retrieved 8 January 2020.
- "Godfrey Takes Hong Kong Open Under Pressure". The Canberra Times. 3 April 1972. p. 10. Retrieved 8 January 2020.
- "Play-off win". The Age. 1 November 1976. Retrieved 9 January 2020.
- "Men Asia tournament results". where2golf.com.
|This biographical article relating to golf in Japan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|