|Born||25 May 1940|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||70 kg (150 lb; 11 st)|
|Current tour(s)||Japan Golf Tour|
Asia Golf Circuit
|Number of wins by tour|
|Japan Golf Tour||4|
|Best results in major championships|
|The Open Championship||T40: 1972|
|Achievements and awards|
Kuo played on the Japan Golf Tour, winning four times including three tournaments in a five week span during 1979, and the Asia Golf Circuit, winning nine tournaments. He was the 1974 Asia Golf Circuit champion after wins in the Indian and Taiwan opens, and narrowly missed out of defending the championship the following year when topped the money list but finished half a point behind Hsieh Min-Nan despite winning three tournaments during the season. He also led the money list in 1978, but was again runner-up in the points race.
Kuo also had a great deal of success in his homeland and won many other tournaments throughout Asia.
Professional wins (30)Edit
Japan Golf Tour wins (4)Edit
|Japan Opens (1)|
|Other Japan Golf Tour (3)|
|No.||Date||Tournament||Winning score||Margin of
|1||23 Apr 1978||Dunlop International Open||−23 (69-66-64-66=265)||11 strokes||Bob Byman|
|2||7 Oct 1979||Jun Classic||−4 (68-73-69-38=248)*||Playoff||Yasuhiro Funatogawa|
|3||21 Oct 1979||Golf Digest Tournament||−10 (69-68-69=206)||3 strokes||Fujio Kobayashi|
|4||4 Nov 1979||Japan Open Golf Championship||−3 (71-70-70-74=285)||Playoff|| Isao Aoki, Koichi Uehara,|
*Note: The 1979 Jun Classic was shortened to 63 holes due to rain.
Japan Golf Tour playoff record (2–0)
|1||1979||Jun Classic||Yasuhiro Funatogawa||Won with birdie on fifth extra hole|
|2||1979||Japan Open Golf Championship|| Isao Aoki, Koichi Uehara,
|Won with birdie on fourth extra hole|
Aoki and Uehara eliminated by birdie on first hole
Asia Golf Circuit wins (9)Edit
- 1974 Indian Open, Taiwan Open
- 1975 Philippine Open, Taiwan Open, Korea Open
- 1978 Indonesia Open, Dunlop International Open (also a Japan Golf Tour event)
- 1980 Hong Kong Open, Taiwan Open
Other wins (11)Edit
- 1967 ROC PGA Championship
- 1972 ROC PGA Championship
- 1974 ROC PGA Championship
- 1977 Kaeshiung Open, Dunhill International Match-Play (Philippines)
- 1978 Kaeshiung Open
- 1986 Chiang Kei-Shek Centennial Tournament
- 1987 Tansui Open
- 1988 Mercuries Taiwan Masters
- 1989 BMW Open, Pead Hieight Open
Senior wins (7)Edit
- 1991 Kanshiung Open
- 1992 Japan BMW Seniors Open
- 1993 Japan Nagoya TV Cup Seniors
- 1995 Japan Nagoya TV Cup Seniors, The 1st Kuo-Hua Match Play, PGA Senior/Ladys Championship
- 1999 PGA Senior/Ladys Championship
- Alliss, Peter (1983). The Who's Who of Golf. Orbis Publishing. p. 360. ISBN 0-85613-520-8.
- "Lu cards a 70 to win Sobu Open". The Straits Times. Singapore. 22 April 1974. p. 27. Retrieved 19 February 2020 – via National Library Board.
- "Hsieh again takes circuit prize". The Straits Times. Singapore. 21 April 1975. p. 26. Retrieved 19 February 2020 – via National Library Board.
- "Kuo takes Dunlop by nine strokes". The Straits Times. Singapore. 24 April 1978. p. 23. Retrieved 13 February 2020 – via National Library Board.
|This biographical article relating to golf in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|