TOGETHER – Civic Democracy
|Founded||25 January 2018 (registration)|
14 April 2018 (foundation)
|Political position||Centre to centre-right|
|European affiliation||European People's Party|
|European Parliament group||European People's Party|
0 / 150
|European Parliament (Slovakian seats)|
2 / 14
285 / 20,646
SPOLU was announced on 17 November 2017, by former under-secretary of Network Miroslav Beblavý, who left the party in protest of its decision to join the Smer-led government, and former under-secretary of liberal Freedom and Solidarity Jozef Mihál.
The Founding Council of SPOLU consists of independent MPs of the National Council of the Slovak Republic and former members of Network, Freedom and Solidarity and Ordinary People: Oto Žarnay, Jozef Mihál, Simona Petrík, Viera Dubačová, Miroslav Beblavý, Katarína Macháčková and lawyer Pavel Nechala of Transparency International.
The party's founding congress was held on 14 April 2018 in Poprad. Miroslav Beblavý was elected as its leader. Katarína Macháčková and Jozef Mihál were elected as Deputy leaders, with the third Deputy leader being Erik Baláž, founder of environmentalist campaign We are the forest, and recipient of the White Crow 2017 award for the fight against corruption.
- Germanová, Miroslava (30 December 2019). "Slovakia, 2019: The Year of President Zuzana Caputova". Balkan Insight.
- "Beblavého strana Spolu podporí na prezidenta vedca Roberta Mistríka". dennikn.sk. 17 June 2018.
- Nordsieck, Wolfram (2020). "Slovakia". Parties and Elections in Europe. Retrieved 4 March 2020.
- "Beblavého strana sa bude volať Spolu – občianska demokracia". dennikn.sk. 12 September 2017.
- "BEBLAVÝ: SPOLU sme občianskymi demokratmi, pokračovateľmi Novembra´89". teraz.sk. 6 February 2018.
- Ministerstvo vnútra zaregistrovalo stranu SPOLU – občianska demokracia
- Political party registration sheet at Ministry of Interior
- Do politiky vstupuje známy ekológ z iniciatívy My sme les