Suryapet district is a district in the Indian state of Telangana. The city of Suryapet is the district headquarters. The district has three revenue divisions Suryapet, Kodad and Huzurnagar. It is sub-divided into 23 mandals. The district shares boundaries with Nalgonda, Khammam, Yadadri, Jangaon and Mahabubabad districts and with Andhra Pradesh state.
|• District collector||Vinay Krishna Reddy[IAS]|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Nalgonda and Bhuvanagiri|
|• Total||3,607 km2 (1,393 sq mi)|
|• Density||300/km2 (790/sq mi)|
|• Sex ratio||996|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
|Major highways||NH-65, NH-365B, NH-365BB and SH-42|
The district is spread over an area of 3,374.41 square kilometres (1,302.87 sq mi). This district is bounded by Jangaon district, Mahabubabad district in the northeast, Khammam district in the east, Andhra Pradesh in the south, Nalgonda district in the west and Yadadri district Bhuvanagiri in the northwest.
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the district has a population of 1,099,560. According to the 2011 census, 83.28% of the population speaks Telugu, 11.24% Lambadi and 4.97% Urdu as their first language.
Culture and TourismEdit
- Lingamanthula Swamy temple - 5 km from Suryapet
- Sri Parvathi Mahadeva Nameshwara Temple and Chennakeshava Swamy temple, Pillalamarri - 6 km from Suryapet
- Dandu Maisamma temple - 12 km from Suryapet
- Sri Undrugonda Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple, Undrugonda - 13 km from Suryapet
- Musi Reservoir - 27 km from Suryapet
- Phanigiri Buddhist Site - 42 km from Suryapet
- Ananthagiri Hill - 54 km from Suryapet
- Janapadu Dargah-55 km from Suryapet
- Swayambu Shambhu Lingeshwara Temple, Mellacheruvu - 63 km from Suryapet
- Mattapalli Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple, Mattapalli - 80 km from Suryapet
The district has three revenue divisions of Suryapet, Kodad and Huzurnagar revenue division. It is sub-divided into 23 mandals. Amoy kumar is the present collector of the district..The district consists of five municipalities. Suryapet, Kodad, Huzurnagar, Thirumalagiri and Neredcherla are the five municipalities.
|S.No.||Suryapet revenue division||Kodad revenue division||Huzurnagar revenue division|
- "Telangana New Districts Names 2016 Pdf TS 31 Districts List". Timesalert.com. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Suryapet district" (PDF). New Districts Formation Portal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 October 2016. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "New districts". Andhra Jyothy.com. 8 October 2016. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- 2011 Census of India, Population By Mother Tongue
- "Clipping of Andhra Jyothy Telugu Daily – Hyderabad". Andhra Jyothy. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "K Chandrasekhar Rao appoints collectors for new districts". Deccan Chronicle. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.