Seaborne Airlines (IATA: BB, ICAO: SBS, Call sign: SEABORNE) is a FAR Part 121 airline headquartered in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It was established in 1992 by founders Ken Dole and Charles Slagle and operates domestic seaplane and land plane services. In 2000 Seaborne was purchased by a new group of investors who began the push from a pure seaplane business to include land based flights. In late 2008, Seaborne Airlines began land based flight service between St. Thomas, St. Croix, and San Juan TJIG Isla Grande Airport under the brand name "Seaborne Airshuttle." In January 2011, Seaborne Airlines began service to San Juan TJSJ Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport. On December 18, 2013, Seaborne announced a headquarters change from Christiansted, St. Croix to San Juan, Puerto Rico, completed by March 2014.
|Parent company||Silver Airways|
|Headquarters||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|Employees||320 (April 2016)|
Seaborne Airlines is owned and cooperatively operated by Silver Airways.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Dominican Republic
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Sint Maarten
- U.S. Virgin Islands
Fernando Luis Ribas Dominicci Airport (San Juan, Puerto Rico)
San Juan Seaplane Base (San Juan, Puerto Rico)
Vieques, Puerto Rico
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
Road Town Seaplane Base, Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Fort-de-France, Martinique (Martinique Aimé Césaire International Airport)
Pointe-à-Pitre, Guadeloupe (Pointe-à-Pitre International Airport)
La Romana, Dominican Republic (La Romana International Airport)
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (Punta Cana International Airport)
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (Las Américas International Airport)
The airline is headquartered at the “CAF2” building in the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU). .
- American Airlines-(Codeshare)
- Delta Air Lines-(Codeshare)
- United Airlines-(Interline)
- Vieques Air Link-(Codeshare)
Seaborne has started codesharing flights with American Airlines, on routes which correspond in both timetables. This includes service from San Juan to all of Seaborne's destinations, excluding St. Croix and St. Thomas. Miles from Seaborne (SeaMiles) are not currently convertible to AAdvantage miles, and cannot be used for travel on American. All passenger services, including baggage and assistance, are provided by American on codeshared flights.
Seaborne previously started codesharing flights with Air Europa between Las Americas International Airport at Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic and Luis Munoz Marin International Airport at San Juan, Puerto Rico for passengers from their route Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport - Las Américas International Airport. This codeshare has ended.
As of September 30, 2014, Seaborne has an interline agreement with United Airlines.
As of March 30, 2015, Seaborne Airlines expanded American Airlines' codeshare agreement to include St. Thomas and St. Croix, and adding Anguilla Services April 30, 2015. Starting December 15, 2015, Seaborne will be flying to Antigua.
On January 8, 2018, Seaborne Airlines announced its restructuring plan under the Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Code following the 2017 Atlantic hurricane season, specifically Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Maria. The airline announced the acquirement of a $4.2 Million credit facility and has entered a purchase agreement with Silver Airways, which is subject to the Court's approval and potential overbids.
On August 29, 2019, it was announced that Seaborne Airlines makes reservation change for travel starting Sept. 1.
Starting September 1, 2019, the reservation changes took affect .
Seaborne Airline's De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otters are equipped with Wipline 13000 floats. The Twin Otters are on lease from the Kenn Borek Aviation. Twin Otters provide near hourly service between Christiansted Harbor in St. Croix and Charlotte Amalie Harbor in St. Thomas. Saab 340 aircraft entered scheduled operations in 2013, and serve all land destinations. Each has a different sea animal painted on the tail. The eight tails are dolphin, shark, manta ray, lobster, octopus, seahorse, marlin, and sea turtle. Of the eight Saab 340s, six were originally American Eagle aircraft (N283AE, N327SA, N334CJ, N341CJ, N343CJ, and N350CJ), while two were originally delivered to Formosa Airlines (N336SA and N353SA). Prior Seaborne's acquisition of Saab 340s service, De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter Series 300 were used for land and water operations.
- "Federal Aviation Administration - Airline Certificate Information - Detail View". av-info.faa.gov. Retrieved 2019-06-27.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGE7hipweoU Seaborne Airlines Saab 340 Inaugural Flight in Antigua!
- New flights to San Juan International Seaborne Airlines
- http://ourairports.com/airports/TJIG/#lat=18.45680046081543,lon=-66.09809875488281,zoom=13,type=Satellite,airport=TJIG Fernando Luis Ribas Dominicci Airport
- http://ourairports.com/airports/PR34/#lat=18.457799911499997,lon=-66.12110137939999,zoom=14,type=Satellite,airport=PR34 San Juan Seaplane Base
- http://ourairports.com/airports/TJVQ/#lat=18.1347999573,lon=-65.49359893799999,zoom=14,type=Satellite,airport=TJVQ Antonio Rivera Rodríguez Airport
- http://ourairports.com/airports/MDPP/#lat=19.75790023803711,lon=-70.56999969482422,zoom=13,type=Satellite,airport=MDPP Gregorio Luperón International Airport
- http://ourairports.com/airports/TUPW/#lat=18.446399688720703,lon=-64.42749786376953,zoom=15,type=Satellite,airport=TUPW Virgin Gorda Airport
- http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/seaborne-announces-an-interline-agreement-with-united-airlines-277599481.html. Missing or empty
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGE7hipweoU Seaborne Airlines Saab 340 Inaugural Flight in Antigua! [HD]
- https://thedailyherald.sx/islands/58880-delta-and-seaborne-airlines-expand-customers-options Seaborne Airlines launches codesharing with Delta Airlines
- "Global Airline Guide 2017 (Part Two)". Airliner World (November 2017): 29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seaborne Airlines.|