La Romana International Airport
La Romana Casa De Campo International Airport (IATA: LRM, ICAO: MDLR) is an international airport located on the southeastern coast of the Dominican Republic, adjacent to the tourist town of La Romana and the resort of Casa de Campo. It is located about 68 miles (110 km) from the capital, Santo Domingo.
La Romana Casa De Campo International Airport
Aeropuerto Internacional La Romana Casa De Campo
|Owner||City of La Romana|
|Operator||Central Romana Corporation|
|Serves||La Romana, Dominican Republic|
|Elevation AMSL||213 ft / 65 m|
In 2008, 374,724 passengers passed through the airport.
The current single terminal is built in the style of an old sugar mill. The airport consists of a main terminal with four modern gates. It has facilities for passengers and for the maintenance of aircraft. This airport receives most of the private flights in the country, principally businessmen that come to La Romana for vacations in Casa de Campo.
The current airport opened in December 2000 and replaced the earlier La Romana Airport with the same name and IATA code. The old airport was on the Caribbean shore, 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) southwest of the current airport.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|Air Europa||Seasonal: Madrid|
|Air Transat|| Montréal–Trudeau |
Seasonal: Québec City, Toronto–Pearson
|Azur Air||Kiev-Boryspil, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Ekaterinburg, Kazan|
|Blue Panorama Airlines||Rome–Fiumicino|
|Boliviana de Aviación||Santa Cruz de la Sierra–Viru Viru|
|Condor||Seasonal: Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich|
|Eurowings||Seasonal charter: Düsseldorf|
|Miami Air||Seasonal: Miami|
|Neos||Seasonal charter: Milan–Malpensa, Verona|
|Servicios Aéreos Profesionales||Santo Domingo–Las Américas, Varadero|
|Sunwing Airlines||Seasonal: Montréal–Trudeau, Toronto–Pearson|
|TUI Airways|| London–Gatwick|
Seasonal: Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester
|Ukraine International Airlines||Seasonal charter: Kiev-Boryspil|
- Airport information for La Romana International Airport at Great Circle Mapper.
- "La Romana Airport". Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "La Romana Airport". SkyVector. SkyVector Aeronautical Charts. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- La Romana VOR
- La Romana NDB
- Departamento Aeroportuario – 2008 passenger statistics[permanent dead link]
- Location of former airport
- "Sunwings additional new routes from Toronto in W18". RoutesOnline. 1 January 2019. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- OpenStreetMap - La Romana Airport
- La Romana International Airport
- Airport information for La Romana International Airport at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Current weather for La Romana at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for La Romana International Airport at Aviation Safety Network