Robert Arzumanyan in 2009
|Full name||Robert Patrick Arzoumanian|
|Date of birth||24 July 1985|
|Place of birth||Yerevan, Armenian SSR, Soviet Union|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2016||→ Shakhter Karagandy (loan)||8||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24 October 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17:54, 11 October 2015 (UTC)
Arzumanyan grew up playing for the youth team of Pyunik Yerevan. Every year Robert improved. Having gained confidence in his game, Robert became an indispensable player. In 2005, a translation in the first team was made and Arzumanyan competed for the senior side after he turned 18. Playing with the senior club, he did not get lost, but instead played in great strength. The results of the good team did not take long. Results of the 2005 Armenian Premier League revealed that the best player to take part in the Armenian Premier League for the first time was Robert Arzumanyan. While Arzumanyan played for Pyunik, the club won the 2003 Armenian Premier League, 2004 Armenian Premier League, 2005 Armenian Premier League, 2006 Armenian Premier League and 2007 Armenian Premier League, won the 2004 Armenian Cup and won the 2003 Armenian Supercup, 2004 Armenian Supercup and 2006 Armenian Supercup.
Good performances in subsequent seasons drew the attention of foreign breeders. On 17 January 2008, Robert signed a contract for 1 year with the Danish club Randers FC. After the 2008-09 season, he was one of the key players on the team and had made himself a first team regular on the team following some good and stable performances. On 29 August 2008, Robert extended his contract with Randers for 4 years. In the 2009-10 season, he was less likely to appear on the field because of the coach's idea of a new head coach. After the season and after the successful games played in the national team at the UEFA Euro 2012 on arrival at the club, it became clear that the coaching staff moved Arzumanyan to transfer. The reason for this decision is likely that Arzumanyan and his agent were in favor of a likely passage in the winter transfer window in any other European club.
In January 2011, there was information about the interest of the player's services in Śląsk Wrocław, where Arzumanyan was interested in playing. He performed well during the training camps of the team, but Arzumanyan did not become a player of the club. The reason for not signing the contract is the commissions which demanded the agent of Robert Arzumanyan, Manual Kildanovich. Śląsk eventually decided not to sign a contract with the player. As a result, he signed with Jagiellonia Białystok in January 2011 on a three and a half year contract. Soon, because of the change of head coach and injuries, Arzumanyan did not get to bid for the match. The same coach of Jagiellonia did not see him in the team and advised him to change the club.
On 23 July, Arzumanyan came to Saransk to see the local club FC Mordovia Saransk. On 26 July, with the team, he went to Krasnodar, and back to Saransk. Some days later, the head coach of Mordovia explained the rejection of the services of Arzumanyan as that there was too little time was to see his full potential. And given that the season had already started and the players trained in a specific mode, which was different from the training at the training camp. However, Arzumanyan left a positive impression. Arzumanyan ended up joining FC SKA-Energiya Khabarovsk and had signed a one-year deal with the club in September 2012. But the club came under new management in December 2012, resulting in roster changes. He left the Russian club on 18 January 2013.
The following month Arzumanyan signed a contract with Kazakh club FC Aktobe valid until December 2014. He had his first match for the new club on 9 March 2013 in the first round of the Kazakhstan Premier League.
On 7 February 2017, Arzumanyan's contract with Amkar was terminated by mutual consent.
On 20 October, after Artsakh FC's lose to Lori FC, Artsakh Head Coach Rafael Nazaryan announced that Arzumanyan had retired from football after persistent injuries without playing a game for Artsakh.
Arzumanyan is also one of the key defenders of the Armenia national team and has participated in 63 international matches and scored 4 goals since his debut in an away friendly match against Kuwait on 18 March 2005. He scored his first international goal for Armenia in a Euro 2008 qualifying match against Kazakhstan. The match happened on 2 June 2007 and Arzumanyan scored the goal at the 31st minute on David Loria.
On 7 March 2016 he stated about the end of his international career.
Style of playEdit
His strengths noted are his speed and ability to play on the bottom field.
|SKA-Energia||2012–13||Russian National League||3||1||2||1||–||–||5||1|
|Aktobe||2013||Kazakhstan Premier League||21||2||3||0||4||0||-||28||2|
|Amkar Perm||2014–15||Russian Premier League||8||0||0||0||-||-||8||0|
|Shakhter Karagandy (loan)||2016||Kazakhstan Premier League||8||0||1||0||–||–||9||0|
|Armenia national team|
Statistics accurate as of match played 11 October 2015
- As of match played 11 October 2014
|1.||2 June 2007||Central Stadium, Almaty, Kazakhstan||Kazakhstan||UEFA Euro 2008 qualifying|
|2.||22 August 2007||Vazgen Sargsyan Republican Stadium, Yerevan, Armenia||Portugal||UEFA Euro 2008 qualifying|
|3.||8 September 2007||Dasaki Stadium, Achna, Cyprus||Cyprus||Friendly|
|4.||10 October 2009||Vazgen Sargsyan Republican Stadium, Yerevan, Armenia||Spain||2010 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|5.||11 October 2014||Vazgen Sargsyan Republican Stadium, Yerevan, Armenia||Serbia||UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying|
- Armenian Premier League (5): 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
- Armenian Cup (1): 2004
- Armenian Supercup (3): 2003, 2004, 2006
- "Randers FC forlænger med armenier" (in Danish). bold.dk. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- Роберт Арзуманян переведен в дубль "Рандерса" (in Russian). ARMFOOTBALL.com. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- Արզումանյանը տեղափոխվում է Լեհաստան (in Armenian). armsport.am. Archived from the original on 24 March 2011. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- Reprezentant Armenii w Jagiellonii Białystok 28.01.2011, futbolnews.pl
- Ռոբերտ Արզումանյանը փորձաշրջան կանցնի "Մորդովիայում" (in Armenian). ARMFOOTBALL.com. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- Ռոբերտ Արզումանյանը հանդես չի գա Մորդովիայում (in Armenian). armsport.am. Archived from the original on 1 August 2012. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- Շերբաչենկո. Արզումանյանը մյուս պաշտպաններից ավելի տպավորիչ չէր (in Armenian). armsport.am. Retrieved 8 March 2013.[permanent dead link]
- Ռոբերտ Արզումանյանը լքեց "ԲՄԱ-Էներգիան" (in Armenian). sport.news.am. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Ռոբերտ Արզումանյանը կստանա ամսական 30 հազար դոլար (in Armenian). sport.news.am. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- Ռոբերտ Արզումանյանը պայմանագիր կնքեց «Ամկարի» հետ. sport.news.am (in Armenian). sport.news.am. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- Арзуманян подписал контракт с Амкаром. sports.kz (in Russian). sports.kz. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- "ШАХТЕР ПРОСМАТРИВАЕТ ИНОСТРАННЫХ ФУТБОЛИСТОВ". shahter.kz (in Russian). FC Shakhter Karagandy. 1 February 2016. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- Роберт Арзуманян арендован «Шахтером» из Караганды (in Russian). FC Amkar Perm. 17 February 2016.
- КОНТРАКТ С РОБЕРТОМ АРЗУМАНЯНОМ РАСТОРГНУТ (in Russian). FC Amkar Perm. 7 February 2017.
- "Midfielder Arzumanyan trains at Yerevan's FC Banants". armenpress.am. Armenpress. 3 February 2018. Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- "Роберт Арзуманян завершил карьеру футболиста". armfootball.com (in Russian). Arm Football. 21 October 2018. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- Awayday win cheers Armenia., from uefa.com
- "Robert Arzumanyan". armfootball.tripod.com. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- Արզումանյանը 6-րդն է ռմբարկուների ցուցակում (in Armenian). armsport.am. Archived from the original on 23 October 2009. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- Արզումանյան. Հուսով եմ' անհաջողությունները մնացին անցյալում (in Armenian). armsport.am. Archived from the original on 20 March 2011. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- "Robert Arzumanyan". National-Football-Teams.com. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- "R.Arzumanyan". soccerway.com/. Soccerway. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- "Robert Arzumanjan". 90minut.pl (in Polish). 90 Minut. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- «Актобе» взял Суперкубок (in Russian). sport.kg. Retrieved 14 March 2014.