Rebels: City of Indra
Rebels: City of Indra (also known as Rebels: The Story of Lex and Livia or Rebels: City of Indra: The Story of Lex and Livia) is a 2014 science fiction/dystopian novel by Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner, and ghostwriter Maya Sloan.
|Author||Kendall Jenner |
|Genre||Young adult, science fiction, dystopian, adventure|
Gallery Books (distributed)
Karen Hunter Publishing
|June 3, 2014|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover, Paperback) |
Kylie spoke about the novel, saying "The fans seem to love it. That’s why we did it, [the characters]' names are Lexi and Livia. I think we wanted to make Lex more like me and Livia more like Kendall, and they kind of evolved into their own characters."
- Lex and Livia Cosmo — are the twin daughters of Arnaud Cosmos and Delphia. Lex is a hard-scrabbled, bullheaded, tough-talking orphan while Livia is an indignant, bullheaded debutant orphan. They both have a small neon-green symbol on their eyes.
- Marius — is a semi-ineffectual pseudo-intellectual who runs about citing manners for Livia.
- The Governess — is Livia's beauty-obsessed debutante coach who gets her wrinkles removed yearly at the Rejuvenation Island Clinic
The bibliophile website Goodreads reported a 59% approval rating, with a rating of 2.73/5 based on 189 reviews. Customer reviews on Amazon give the book rating average of 1.7 out of 5 stars. Customer reviews on Google Play give it an average of 4.1/5 based on 303 reviews.
Publishers Weekly gave a positive review: "Details about the two worlds the girls inhabit are creative, though the plot that emerges after they meet is rather predictable. Even so, abundant action — including a hair-pulling fight, a high-speed chase on flying machines, and an attack by hideous beings known as 'mutations' — provides momentum. Unresolved conflicts set the scene for the next installment."
- Kaufman, Amy (July 1, 2014). "For Maya Sloan, ghostwriting Jenners' YA book just part of fiction fun". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Publishing. Retrieved August 17, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Gallant, Jacques (June 14, 2014). "Hosts Kylie and Kendall Jenner just wanna have fun at MMVAs". Toronto Start. Star Media Group. Retrieved June 16, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Fole, Linds (June 6, 2014). "Kendall and Kylie Jenner novel Rebels: City of Indra is slammed by critics: 'Kim Kardashian's sex tape had a better plot'". Sugar Scape. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved June 16, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- White, Caitlin (July 2, 2014). "Kendall and Kyle Jenner's 'Rebels: City of Indra' Ghostwriter Maya Sloan Speaks Out". Bustle. Retrieved March 1, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Rebels: City of Indra – Books". Google Play. Retrieved August 2, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)