Nick Saglimbeni is an American visual artist, director, photographer, and cinematographer primarily known for his work with 3D photography. Through his multimedia production company SlickforceStudio, which is based in Los Angeles, California, he has produced creative projects for entertainment figures such as Nas, Priyanka Chopra,Paula Abdul, Layla Kayleigh, the Kardashian-Jenner family, Sean "Diddy" Combs, and Laura Vandervoort. He has photographed commercial campaigns for large companies such as Neiman Marcus and Skechers, as well as for non-profit organizations such as Autism Speaks and The Humane Society. In 2011 Saglimbeni began publishing the 3D magazine WMB 3D: World's Most Beautiful, which he photographs with a patented camera and post-production system called Saglimbeni3D. He also debuted the photography project SlickforceGirl in 2012, where he photographs models in heroic contexts with comic-book-inspired visuals. The shoots and videos have featured models such as Erika Medina and Melanie Iglesias.
Saglimbeni at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards
|Education||Loch Raven High School|
|Alma mater||Washington University in St. Louis, University of Southern California|
|Awards||World Photography Awards|
(2012 Grand Prize in 3D)
Early life and educationEdit
Nick Saglimbeni was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland. He moved to Los Angeles to attend the USC School of Cinematic Arts, where his cinematography mentors included John Hora and Woody Omens. Saglimbeni graduated with a masters degree in cinematography.
SlickforceStudio and early shootsEdit
After graduating from college, Saglimbeni began working as both a cinematographer and a photographer. In January 2004 he opened SlickforceStudio, a multimedia company focused on motion picture production and commercial photography. As of 2014 the company's photographers produced material for magazines, ad campaigns, record labels, and websites. Early in his photography career Saglimbeni did photo sets for rap artists such as Nas, T.I., Omarion, Game, and Birdman. He later worked with women in entertainment such as model Estella Warren, actresses Roselyn Sánchez, Gabrielle Union, Laura Vandervoort, and Sarah Shahi, and TV personalities Vanessa Lachey, and Layla Kayleigh. He is also known for his portraits of the Kardashian-Jenner family and Sean "Diddy" Combs, and he has photographed commercial campaigns for large companies such as Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Sears, Kmart, Skechers, and Wacom. Through Slickforce, Saglimbeni has also created works to benefit nonprofit organizations, such as Autism Speaks, Breast Cancer Charities of America (BCCA), the Epilepsy Foundation, Hope for the Warriors, Toys for Tots, and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
Work with the Kardashian-Jenner FamilyEdit
In August 2007, Saglimbeni met socialite Kim Kardashian while photographing her cover shoot for a magazine. Following the shoot, he continued to photograph Kim and her family members Kourtney Kardashian, Khloé Kardashian, Rob Kardashian, Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner, Kris Jenner and Caitlyn Jenner (then Bruce)[a] for projects such as the Kardashian Kollection fashion campaigns, magazine covers for Kim, Kris and Khloé, Kris Jenner's 2011 autobiography book cover, promotional art for Kris Jenner's talk show, Kim Kardashian's wedding to Kris Humphries, Kylie Jenner Cosmetics, and Kendall and Kylie's first professional modeling shoots.
Saglimbeni's Kardashian-Jenner family Christmas portraits, which he photographed from 2010 through 2012, were featured in media outlets such as The View, The Talk, Larry King Live, and The Ellen DeGeneres Show, among others. Kim Kardashian has stated to E! News that Saglimbeni is her favorite photographer, and Saglimbeni has been featured around a dozen times on the reality show Keeping Up with the Kardashians and its related spin-offs, where he chiefly makes appearances as the family photographer. In season six, Saglimbeni encourages Kendall Jenner to pursue professional modeling during a shoot at SlickforceStudio.
WMB 3D and 3D photographyEdit
In 2010, Saglimbeni patented his own Saglimbeni3D photography system. Saglimbeni had designed the system's post-production techniques along with Joyce Park, the post-production supervisor at Slickforce Studio. Unlike most similar systems, the Saglimbeni3D system purports to allow the retouching of 3D images. In August 2011, Saglimbeni published the first edition of the magazine WMB 3D: World's Most Beautiful, which he billed as the first commercial magazine photographed and designed entirely in 3D. Released both in print and as an iPad app, the first issue featured Kim Kardashian on the cover. Other celebrities who have been featured in the magazine include Stan Lee, Gabrielle Union, Estella Warren, Paul Oakenfold, Kevin Hart, Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner, Melanie Iglesias, Layla Kayleigh and Bollywood actress Mallika Sherawat. For his WMB 3D shoot Nuclear Summer, Saglimbeni was awarded the top prize in 3D at the 2012 Sony World Photography Awards in London, England. Later in 2012, he received an award from NVidia for achievements in 3D photography.
In late 2012 Saglimbeni started the photography project SlickforceGirl, where he photographs models and actresses with comic-book-inspired visuals as they "use their beauty, brains and courage to help those in need." The first shoot featured Vanessa Veasley as an astronaut, while December 2012 featured Erika Medina as an airman with the Air Force. The photography series has since featured Nazanin Mandi, Melanie Iglesias, and a number of other models. Since 2012 a portion of the profits from SlickforceGirl items are donated to charities such as the Hope for the Warriors.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2002||American Society of Cinematographers||Nick Saglimbeni||Heritage Award||Hon. Mention|
|2008||National Association of
|Nick Saglimbeni||Photography||Grand Prize|
|2009||Blackberry Business Awards||Nick Saglimbeni||Development of Signature
|2012||NVidia 3D Vision Live||3D Photo Champion||Won|
|Sony World Photography Awards||3D Category||Grand Prize|
- As himself:
- Showdog Moms & Dads (reality TV mini-series, 2005)
- Kourtney & Khloé Take Miami (reality TV series)
- LisaRaye: The Real McCoy (reality TV series)
- "LisaRaye Gets Back to Business" (2010)
- Khloé & Lamar (reality TV series)
- The Real Housewives of Orange County (reality TV series)
- "Southern Hospitality" (2012)
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians (reality TV series)
- Aidin Observer (2012-12-20). "Nick Saglimbeni on the Kardashian Christmas Card". WorldPhoto.org. Archived from the original on 2013-01-12.
- "About Nick". NickSaglimbeni.com. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- SlickforceTV (2016-07-01), Priyanka Chopra + Saglimbeni for Maxim India HOT 100, retrieved 2017-08-07
- Eggenberger, Nicole (December 20, 2013). "Sean "Diddy" Combs Shares Family Christmas Card With His Six Kids". Us Weekly. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "'Smallville' Star Bares All at Fashion Week". PETA.org. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Melanie Iglesias Raises Money for Autism". MelanieIglesias.com. November 27, 2013. Retrieved 2014-11-22.
- "Nick Saglimbeni for The Humane Society - Chilombo Images | Photos of Jhené Aiko & Mila J." chilombonews.com. Retrieved 2017-08-07.
- "CelebrityPhotographer Nick Saglimbeni wins 2012 Sony World Photography 3D Award - Worldnews.com". Article.wn.com. 2012-04-27. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Our Mission". SlickforceGirl.com. Retrieved 2015-06-25.
- Robertson, Josh (October 22, 2012). "Melanie Iglesias Is Back and Sexy as Ever". The Smoking Jacket. Retrieved 2015-06-25.
- Dudak, Gary (Dec 7, 2012). "Mandatory Presents: Slickforce Erica". Mandatory. Retrieved 2015-06-25.
- "2012 Photo Champion Unveiled! Interview with Nick Saglimbeni". 3D Vision Live by NVIDIA. 2012. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- "SlickforceStudio — About Slickforce Studio". Slickforce.com. Archived from the original on 2012-04-20. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Davis, Lawrence. "The Breast Cancer Charities of America 2 Annual Fashion Show & Fundraiser Hosted by Tiffany Hines | Splash Magazines | Los Angeles". Lasplash.com. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Estella Warren". Nick Saglimbeni. 2011-04-17. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "SlickforceGirl: Melanie Iglesias Signs for the Troops - Hope for the Warriors". NickSaglimbeni.com. Retrieved 2014-11-22.
- "Melanie Iglesias Raises Money for Toys for Tots!". MelanieIglesias.com. December 23, 2013. Retrieved 2014-11-22.
- Fame, Royalty (2009-08-02). "Layla Kayleigh does Peta". Royaltyfame.com. Archived from the original on January 22, 2011. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Aidin Observer (2012-04-17). "New 2012 Spring styles from Kardashian Kollection Intimates, compared to 2011 collection". Lingerie-observer.com. Archived from the original on 2013-06-16. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Kardashian Kollection Intimates for Sears". Nick Saglimbeni. Archived from the original on November 24, 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Hey, Kim, it's all in the jeans!". NY Daily News. 2012-01-30. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Buzz Bissinger (June 1, 2015). "Introducing Caitlyn Jenner". Vanity Fair. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- Jenner, Kris. "All Things Kardashian". Amazon. Retrieved 2013-06-22.
- Stelter, Brian (2011-11-04). "There's One Big Question About the Kardashian Marriage". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Marissa (2015-11-30). "Kylie Jenner's Makeup Line — See The Behind-The-Scenes Of Her Lip Kit Shoot". Hollywood Life. Retrieved 2017-08-07.
- "After racy bikini shoot Kardashian sister Kendall, 14, covers up in leather | Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. 2010-08-04. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Koenig, Gillian (August 6, 2010). "Kendall Jenner's Newest Modeling Shoot: High Fashion for Fall". People. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- "Kardashian family poses for 2010 Christmas card". Content.usatoday.com. 2010-12-16. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Leone, Raechal (2011-12-19). "Merry Christmas from the Kardashians … in 3-D | OMG Now - Yahoo! omg!". Omg.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Kim Kardashian Pops Off The Page As The First 3 D Magazine Cover Girl". E! Online. 2011-08-01. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Video: Keeping Up with the Kardashians". IMDB. Retrieved 2014-07-16.
- "About Saglimbeni3D". Saglimbeni3D. Archived from the original on 2013-03-08.
- "Kim Kardashian's Famous Figure, Now in 3-D!". UsMagazine.com. 2011-08-11. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Wischhover, Cheryl (2011-11-26). "See Kim Kardashian's Curves in 3D in Racy New Mag WMB". Fashionista. Retrieved 2012-11-26.
- "World's Most Beautiful". WMB 3D. 2011-11-26. Retrieved 2012-11-26.
- "Stan Lee and Spider-Man in 3D - Boffo on Variety.com". Boffo.com. 2012-01-04. Archived from the original on November 14, 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Mallika Sherawat scorches WMB cover". Hindustan Times. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "My Jamaica - Nick Saglimbeni". Jamaica Observer. September 9, 2012. Retrieved 2015-06-25.
- Robertson, Josh (September 4, 2012). "Vanessa Veasley Is a Slickforce Girl! What's a Slickforce Girl?". The Smoking Jacket. Retrieved 2015-06-25.
- Dudack, Gary (January 4, 2013). "Mandatory Presents: Slickforce Vanessa". Mandatory. Retrieved 2015-06-25.
- "SlickforceGirl: Behind-the-scenes with Brittany Dailey,Vanessa Veasley and Erika Medina by Nick Saglimbeni". ISO 1200 Photography Magazine. January 22, 2013. Retrieved 2015-06-25.
- "Past ASC Awards". The ASC. Archived from the original on 2010-11-12. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "National Association of Photoshop Professionals announces Guru". MacNews. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Sep 8 (2008-09-10). "Photographer gains NAPP Guru status | Latest Industry News | Digital Photographer". News.dphotographer.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "World Photography Organisation". Worldphoto.org. Retrieved 2012-11-18.