Rakhi (2006 film)
Rakhi or Rakhee is a 2006 Indian Telugu-language action drama film directed by Krishna Vamsi and starring Jr. NTR, Ileana D'Cruz and Charmme Kaur in the lead roles. Chandra Mohan, Brahmaji, Kota Srinivasa Rao, Saranya Ponvannan, Brahmanandam, Sunil, and Sayaji Shinde play supporting roles. The music was composed by Devi Sri Prasad with cinematography by S. Gopal Reddy and editing by Shankar. This film was released on 22 December 2006 with 250 prints. The movie was a Hit at the box office . The film was later dubbed into Hindi as The Return of Kaalia in 2007 and into Tamil under the same name.
|Directed by||Krishna Vamsi|
Action Director:Stun Shiva
|Produced by||K.L. Narayana|
|Written by||Krishna Vamsi |
Sainath Thotapalli (Dialogue)
|Screenplay by||Krishna Vamsi|
|Story by||Krishna Vamsi|
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
Lyrics: Sirivennela, Chandrabose, Suddala Ashok Teja
|Cinematography||S. Gopal Reddy|
|22 December 2006|
Ramakrishna aka Rakhi (Jr. NTR) aspires to become a railway stationmaster like his father (Chandra Mohan). His love interest and close friend Tripura (Ileana D'Cruz) is a reporter in a TV channel who exposes atrocities against women in society. For Rakhi, his sister Gayathri (Manjusha) is everything. She is married off to a software professional (Ravi Varma) who plans to go to the USA. The greedy in-laws burn her alive for more dowry. Devastated by this, Rakhi takes the law into his own hands and starts to kill men for harassing women by burning them alive. A police officer named Meenakshi Iyer (Suhasini) convinces Rakhi to surrender to the law. Before surrendering, however, he has killed over 49 misogynists. Finally, in jail, he kills his sister's friend's murderer, and in the climax, the main villain ministers. His dialogues in the court are remarkable. The court drama forms the rest of the story.
- Jr. NTR ... K. Ramakrishna (Rakhi) (Rocky in Hindi version)
- Ileana D'Cruz ... Tripura Sundari
- Charmme Kaur ... Gowri
- Suhasini ... Meenakshi Iyer
- Chandra Mohan ... Rakhi's father
- Bramhaji ... Rakhi's brother
- Kota Srinivasa Rao ... Rakhi's grandfather
- Saranya Ponvannan ... Gowri's mother
- Brahmanandam ... TV Channel Owner
- Sunil ... Mohan Reddy
- Sayaji Shinde ... Minister
- Manjusha ... Gayathri Rakhi's sister
- Ravi Varma ... Gayathri's husband
- Master Ajai Pradeep ... Meenakshi Iyer's son
- Ranii Pandey ... Prostitution Racket Head
- M. S. Narayana
- Kondavalasa Lakshmana Rao
- Amit Tiwari
- Prakash Raj ... Judge (Guest role)
The film has six songs composed by Devi Sri Prasad. The music was well received.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Producer||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Devi Sri Prasad chronology|
|1.||"Rangu Rabba Rabba"||Suddala Ashok Teja||Amalraj, Priya Himesh||06:05|
|2.||"Zara Zara"||Sirivennela Seetharama Sastry||Andrea Jeremiah||04:36|
|3.||"Vasthava Vasthava"||Chandrabose||Jassie Gift, M. M. Srilekha||04:27|
|4.||"Rakhi Rakhi"||Sirivennela Seetharama Sastry||Devi Sri Prasad, Mamta Mohandas||05:33|
|5.||"Kallallo Kaalagni"||Suddala Ashok Teja||S. P. Balasubramanyam||04:33|
|6.||"Ninnu Choosthe"||Chandrabose||Shankar Mahadevan, Gopika Poornima||04:04|
Box office performanceEdit
The film had a 100-day run in 30-centres.
- Rakhi: Idlebrain
- "Rakhi to release with 250 prints". telugucinema.com. Archived from the original on 2 January 2007. Retrieved 19 December 2006.
- "Rakhee proves its mettle at Box Office". indiaglitz.com.
- "::Welcome to Superhit". superhit.co.in. Archived from the original on 11 February 2009. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- "CineGoer.com – Box-Office Records And Collections – 100-day Centres Of Rakhee". cinegoer.com. Archived from the original on 27 January 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2015.