Pyaar Prema Kaadhal
Pyaar Prema Kaadhal (English: Love, Love, Love) is a 2018 Indian Tamil-language musical romantic comedy film starring Harish Kalyan and Raiza Wilson in the lead roles. The film is written and directed by Elan with music composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja, cinematography done by Raja Bhattacharjee, edited by S. Manikumaran and the film is jointly produced by Yuvan Shankar Raja and S. N. Rajarajan under their banners YSR Films and K Productions.
|Pyaar Prema Kadhal|
|Produced by||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
S. N. Rajarajan
|Music by||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Edited by||S. Manikumaran|
|Distributed by||Trident Arts|
|Box office||₹8 crore (US$1.1 million)|
The film released alongside Kamal Haasan's Vishwaroopam II on 10 August 2018. Pyaar Prema Kaadhal was a hit in the screens and has opened to a positive response from the audienceand become a commercial success.
Sree Kumar (Harish Kalyan) is an innocent and fun loving boy from Chennai who lives with his parents. He has a crush on Sindhuja, (Raiza Wilson) a beautiful and independent modern day girl who works in the office nearby. Sindhuja, eventually joins Sree's office and invites him to hangout with her at the club to which Sree happily agrees. At the club, he realises, Sindhu drinks alcohol, swears freely and is a complete party girl. He comes to know of the surprising fact that Sindhu doesn't know her own birthday because nobody except her mom knew it and her mom died when she was very young. Over time they become good friends and Sree falls head over heels in love with her.
One day the duo get stuck in an elevator and end up kissing instinctively. Sindhu brings Sree home and they have sex after which Sree confesses his love for Sindhu. To his shock, she rejects him saying that they are only good friends and insists that she does not love him. She refers to their sex as a casual indulgence whereupon Sree leaves her house in complete disgust. Sindhu constantly tries to pacify him and Sree finally gives in, agreeing to continue being friends with her and begin to hang out like before. At a party, Sindhu tries to get intimate with a drunk Sree but he gets upset and shouts at her for merely using him and criticizes her character. He also reveals to everyone that he had sex with Sindhu, making her angry. Sindhu confesses that now she also loves Sree but is disheartened by his behavior and mindset, thus ending the party on an unpleasant note.
Sree seeks the help of the local tailor Thangaraj and his colleague Satish and attempts to reconcile with Sindhu. He joins the dance classes conducted by Sindhu's father and eventually they patch up. As per Sindhu's wish they decide to begin a live in relationship without the knowledge of Sree's parents since they would clearly disapprove of the idea. Sree makes a plan for his daily routine, to keep his parents oblivious of his relationship and moves into a rented house near his home with Sindhu. While Sindhu starts becoming slightly aggressive, Sree continues to steer the boat of their relationship. One night, when Sindhu is moody and irksome, Sree takes her out and reveals to her that it is her birthday and tells her that he had traced it out after a lot of difficulty. Sindhu is extremely touched and her aggressiveness comes to an end.
Sree constantly tries to talk Sindhu into agreeing for their marriage but she sternly refuses since she wants to achieve her dream of opening a restaurant in Los Angeles. Meanwhile, Sree's mother is hell bent on finding a good bride for him which puts Sree in a complete dilemma. Sindhu's father invites the couple for his dance show but Sree's mother falls sick and he comes in late for the show, making Sindhu upset. At the show, he pesters her about their marriage citing his mother's ill health as his imminent reason to get married soon. When Sindhu refuses to budge, he decides to break up with her for his mother's sake and get married to a girl, that his parents fix an alliance with.
A day before his marriage, Sindhu turns up at his home to bid him goodbye before leaving Chennai. The two part with heavy hearts. On the day of his wedding, while Sindhu's dad is driving her to the airport he confesses about how he did not acknowledge Sindhu's mother's love for him and how he regretted it after she died and asks Sindhu not to make the same mistake. Suddenly Sindhu realises she has to stop the marriage and rushes back to Sree's wedding avenue only to realize that the wedding is over and she turns to leave in tears.
Three years later Sindhu has opened her dream restaurant. She eventually comes to know that Sree is getting a divorce. Sindhu's father visits Sree's parents and tells about his daughter's love for Sree while Sree's parents lament over his failed marriage. Sree's mother accepts the fact that live in relationships are better than unhappy marriages. Suddenly, Sree's parents and Sindhu's father realize that both of them have been missing for three days and wonder where they are. The film ends as Sree and Sindhu are seen having sex secretly as their parents try calling them. Their mindsets are shown to have reversed as Sree now wants a live in relationship but Sindhu wants to get married.
In late October 2017, musician Yuvan Shankar Raja revealed that he would produce his first feature film, which would be a co-production with Rajarajan of K Productions. The film was announced as a romantic comedy to be directed by Elan, who debuted with Graghanam with Harish Kalyan and Raiza Wilson chosen to play the lead roles. The lead pair had risen to fame following their appearances on Star Vijay's reality television show Bigg Boss hosted by Kamal Haasan. While Harish was selected to portray an "innocent middle-class boy", Raiza was auditioned alongside over thirty other actresses, before the team chose her to portray an "outgoing girl".
Titled Pyaar Prema Kaadhal after the lyrics of Silambarasan's "The Love Anthem", production began during mid-November 2017 in Chennai, with cinematographer Raja Battacharjee selected to work on the film. Yuvan Shankar Raja's wife Zafroon Nizar was given the opportunity to work as the costumes designer for Raiza, thus making her debut in the film industry, too.
The first schedule of the film was finished in early December 2017, with Bhanupriya also joining the cast to portray Harish Kalyan's mother; she, however, was replaced later by actress Rekha. 
By mid-January 2018, Elan revealed that "seventy percent" of the film was completed and that the editing process was going on simultaneously. After completing the talkie portions by March 2018, the team flew to Azerbaijan to film the last two songs, making Pyaar Prema Kaadhal, reportedly, the first Tamil film to be shot in that country.
|Pyaar Prema Kaadhal|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||29 July 2018|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Yuvan Shankar Raja chronology|
The soundtrack album of Pyaar Prema Kaadhal features 12 tracks overall, the most ever in an album by Yuvan Shankar Raja, and saw the composer collaborating for the first time with singers Sid Sriram, Sanjith Hedge and Teejay Arunachalam as well as lyricists Vivek and Mohan Rajan. Director Elan provided the lyrics for five songs, while Malaysian lyricist and artist Oviya Oomapathy, who had worked on several independent single for U1 Records wrote the song "Never let me go" and its solo female version.
Ahead of the album launch, two singles were released; on 13 February 2018, the first track from the album, "High on Love", which was sung by Sid Sriram and had lyrics by Niranjan Bharathi, the grandson of the Mahakavi Subramanya Bharatiyar, was released as a single. The second single, "Dope Track", was released on 9 June 2018. The audio launch happened on 29 July 2018 at the AVM Studios in Chennai, with several film personalities and friends of Yuvan Shankar Raja, including actors Dhanush, Silambarasan, Vijay Sethupathi, Arya, Jayam Ravi, directors Ameer, Ram, Seenu Ramasamy and composers Ilaiyaraaja, Santhosh Narayanan and D. Imman attending the event.
|1.||"High on Love"||Niranjan Bharathi||Sid Sriram||04:49|
|2.||"Dope Track"||Mohan Rajan||Yuvan Shankar Raja||04:10|
|3.||"Hold Me Now"||Vivek||Sanjith Hegde, Thurga Raja||03:23|
|4.||"Surprise me"||Madhan Karky||Yuvan Shankar Raja, Priya Mali||04:03|
|5.||"Never let me go"||Oviya Oommapathy||Suranjan, Shweta Pandit||04:34|
|6.||"I will never let you go"||Oviya Oommapathy||Shweta Pandit||04:34|
|8.||"Let's be Friends?"||Elan||Cliffy Carlton||02:04|
|9.||"Secret Window"||Elan||Al Rufian||03:18|
|10.||"Wake me up everyday"||Elan||Teejanthan Arunachalam||01:54|
|11.||"Miss you Papa"||Elan||Yuvan Shankar Raja, Priya Mali||01:33|
|12.||"It's over"||Elan||Shweta Pandit||01:06|
Tamil Nadu theatrical rights of the film were sold for ₹3 crore. Pyaar Prema Kaadhal was released on 10 August 2018. It was initially brought forward to 9 August to avoid a box office clash with Vishwaroopam II, but as a mark of respect to the former Tamil Nadu chief minister M. Karunanidhi who died on 7 August, it was pushed back to the original release date. The film received positive reviews. The satellite rights of the film were sold to Zee Tamil.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|Award||Category||Recipient(s) and nominee(s)||Result||Ref.|
|Behindwoods Gold Medal||Voice of the year||Sid Sriram||Won|||
|Ananda Vikatan Cinema Awards||Best Debut Actress||Raiza Wilson||Won|||
|BOFTA Galatta Debut Awards||Best Debut Film||Pyaar Prema Kaadhal||Won|
|Best Debut Director||Elan||Won|
|Best Debut Producer||Yuvan Shankar Raja||Nominated|
|Best Debut Actress - People’s choice||Raiza Wilson||Won|
|JFW Awards||Best Actress in a Debut role||Raiza Wilson||Won|
|Edison Awards||Best Debut Actress||Raiza Wilson||Won|
|Romantic Hero of the year||Harish Kalyan||Won|
- "Pyaar Prema Kaadhal to release on August 10". 31 July 2018.
- "Yuvan Shankar Raja advances 'Pyaar Prema Kaadhal' release date".
- "Check out the deleted scene from 'Pyaar Prema Kaadhal' - Times of India". Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- "Bigg Boss Tamil contestants Raiza, Harish Kalyan to romance on big screen". 31 October 2017.
- "Harish, Raiza team up for a romantic comedy - Times of India".
- "Harish and Raiza to team up for a romcom".
- "Bigg Boss Tamil contestants and actors Harish Kalyan, Raiza talk about upcoming rom-com- Entertainment News, Firstpost".
- "Harish Kalyan-Raiza project gets a name".
- "Bigg Boss fame Harish-Raiza film titled as "Pyaar Prema Kadhal' - Times of India".
- "'Bigg Boss' Harish Kalyan and Raiza film titled 'Pyaar Prema Kaadhal'".
- "Yuvan Shankar Raja's wife designs costumes for Raiza Wilson in 'Pyaar Prema Kaadhal'".
- "Episode 55: பிக் பாஸ் வீட்டில் குழப்பத்தை உண்டு பண்ணிய பியார் பிரேம காதல் பட குழுவின் ரைசா, ஹரிஸ் - Samayam Tamil". samayam Tamil (in Tamil). 10 August 2018. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "Bhanupriya joins the cast of Pyaar Prema Kaadhal".
- "Porkodi's film stint came by chance - Times of India".
- "Harish Kalyan - Raiza's Pyaar Prema Kaadhal shooting update". 16 January 2018.
- "Harish Kalyan and Raizas Pyaar Prema Kaadhal shoot wraps up". 16 March 2018.
- "Here's all about Yuvan's dope track - Times of India".
- "Pyaar Prema Kadhal shooting wrapped". 21 May 2018.
- "First Tamil movie to be filmed in Azerbaijan wraps up their shoot". 22 May 2018.
- "'Pyaar Prema Kaadhal' to clash against Kamal Haasan's 'Vishwaroopam 2'".
- Ramanujam, Srinivasa; Menon, Vishal (15 February 2018). "A quick look at a few of the Tamil songs released on Valentine's Day" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Yuvan's gift to fans for Valentine's Day: a song High On Love! - Times of India".
- "LikeNShareMedia.Com – Trident Arts acquires World theatrical rights of Pyaar Prema Kadhal". likensharemedia.com.
- "Dhanush, Simbu, Vijay Sethupathi and Jayam Ravi at Pyaar Prema Kaadhal audio launch - Photos". International Business Times, India Edition.
- "Pyaar Prema Kaadhal TN theatrical rights".
- Johnson, David. "Pyaar Prema Kaadhal hit by piracy: Full movie out on torrent sites for 'free downloading'".
- "'Pyaar Prema Kaadhal' release pushed by a day - Times of India".
- "BIGG BOSS RAIZA AND HARISH FILM UPDATE!". Behindwoods. 30 May 2018. Retrieved 12 April 2019.
- "LIST OF WINNERS FOR BGM ICONIC EDITION".
- "ஆனந்த விகடன் சினிமா விருதுகள் 2018 - திறமைக்கு மரியாதை".