Pattanathil Sundaran (transl. Sundaran in the City) is a 2003 Indian Malayalam-language domestic drama film directed by Vipin Mohan and written by M. Sindhuraj, starring Dileep and Navya Nair. The music was composed by Mohan Sithara.
|Directed by||Vipin Mohan|
|Produced by||P. V. Basheer|
|Written by||M. Sindhuraj|
|Music by||Mohan Sithara|
|Edited by||Ranjan Abraham|
|Distributed by||Liberty Thara|
This article needs an improved plot summary. (February 2020)
The story follows Kizhakkethil Sundaresan (Dileep), a ration shop owner who never attended college, who is married to Radhamani (Navya Nair), a M.Sc. graduate. When Radhamani gets a job at Secretariat in Thiruvananthapuram, she is excited and will be needing to move far from home. However, Sundaresan cannot leave his store and go with her, nor does he want Radhamani to go alone. In the argument that follows, Radhamani decides that she will go at any cost, and Sundaresan decides to go with her.
They both rent a home and move to Thiruvananthapuram. Sundaresan does all sort of foul plays to get her fired from her job so that they can go back home. Finally, he steals a confidential file that Radhamani was responsible for. He does this with the help of a clerk in her office, who also owns the house that the couple are renting. Radhamani is humiliated at the office, and attempts suicide. She is hospitalized, and Sundaresan confesses the truth to her boss. Radhamani decides to break up the relation.
Later, Sundaresan learns that Radhamani is pregnant. However, his every attempt to heal the breakup and to see her fails. Sundaresan decides that he will join the evening college and take graduation. He works hard in his studies, earns his degree, and also takes a job as a bus conductor in KSRTC. Radhamani gives birth during that time, and she decides to forgive her husband, and the couple reunites.
- Dileep as Kizhakkethil Sundaresan
- Navya Nair as Radhamani Sundaresan
- Cochin Haneefa as P.K. Shekhara Pillai
- Baiju as Venugopal
- Anila Sreekumar as Nancy
- Kaviyoor Ponnamma as Bhavaniamma
- Yamuna as Shekhara Pillai's wife
- Salim Kumar as Adv.Bhuvanachandran
- Sadiq as Collector
- Suresh Krishna as Kizhakkethil Sasidharan
- Sona Nair as Shalini, Sasidharan's wife
- Jagathy Sreekumar as Kattuvalli Krishnan
- Bindu Panicker as Radhamani's Mother
- Augustine as Varghese
- Mamukkoya as Kanaran
- Jagannathan as Gopalakrishnan Nair
- Poojappura Radhakrishnan as Sundaresan's friend
- Prajod Kalabhavan
- Hakim Rawther as Sundaresan's friend
- Zeira Mathews as baby in song