|• Mayor||Martin Speicher (CDU)|
|• Total||23.94 km2 (9.24 sq mi)|
|Elevation||273 m (896 ft)|
|• Density||770/km2 (2,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||06806, 06898|
The town lies in the Köllertal, approximately 20km to the northwest of Saarbrücken and 5km north of Völklingen. Going in a clockwise direction from the north, the neighbouring communities are Heusweiler, Riegelsberg, Saarbrücken and Völklingen in the Regionalverband Saarbrücken and the communities of Bous and Schwalbach in the Landkreis Saarlouis.
The annual precipitation amounts to 834mm which places it in the top third of German locales according to the German Weather Service. The driest month is April, while November, the wettest month, sees 1.4 times as much rain.
The town is composed of the subdivisions of Püttlingen (made up of the Berg, Bengesen and Ritterstraße areas) and Köllerbach (made up of the Engelfangen, Etzenhofen, Herchenbach, Kölln, Rittenhofen, and Sellerbach areas).
- 1946–1949: Peter Zimmer
- 1949–1956: Peter Müller
- 1956–1966: Nikolaus Boßmann, CDU
- 1966–1974: Hans Koch, independent
- 1974–2001: Rudolf Müller, CDU
- since 2002: Martin Speiche, CDU
Sons and daughters of the townEdit
- Johann Nikolaus Weislinger (1691–1755), Jesuit polemicist
- Martin Speicher (born 1951), politician (CDU), mayor of Püttlingen
- Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer (born 1962), politician (CDU)
- Patrik Kühnen (born 1966), tennis player and Davis Cup team captain
- Marcus Hammerschmitt (born 1967), novelist, winner of numerous literary awards
- Hendrick Zuck (born 1990), football player
- "Saarland.de – Amtliche Einwohnerzahlen Stand 31.12.2018" (PDF). Statistisches Amt des Saarlandes (in German). June 2019.
- Wahl Bürgermeister/in vom 7. Juni 2009 Auf: www.puettlingen.de, accessed 2. November 2012