Oktovianus Maniani (born 27 October 1990 in Jayapura, Indonesia) is an Indonesian professional footballer who plays as a winger for Liga 2 club Persiba Balikpapan. Popularly known simply as "Okto," he gained nationwide popularity in his early caps for the national team, mainly during the 2010 AFF Suzuki Cup, where he is considered as one of the contributing players along with teammate Irfan Bachdim. He is considered as one of ten Asia players that could hit in Europe by ESPN Soccernet.
Okto with Indonesia in 2010
|Full name||Oktovianus Maniani|
|Date of birth||27 October 1990|
|Place of birth||Jayapura, Indonesia|
|Height||1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|2009–2010||Persitara Jakarta Utara||13||(2)|
|2011–2012||Persiram Raja Ampat||19||(3)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 01:49, 8 April 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 6 February 2013
Okto was born in Jayapura, Papua, to Benjamin Maniani, a fisherman, and Dorince May, both indigenous Papuans. Okto spent his childhood helping his father fishing in the beach of Hamidi, Papua. He is married to Meriam Magdalena Worumboy, and together they have 2 children, Benyamin Elia Maniani and Carien Christine Maniani.
His first cap for Indonesia was in a friendly match against Uruguay on 8 October 2010, where he played as a substitute. His well performance in the match led him being placed in the starting lineup by coach Alfred Riedl in another friendly game four days later against Maldives where he scored his first goal for the national team. After the 2010 AFF Suzuki Cup, Okto is part of the under-23 team which competed in the Pre-Olympic Tournament and the 2011 Southeast Asian Games.
|Indonesia national team|
Style of playEdit
Okto is well known for his blistering pace and could easily exposed the opponent's defender via his powerful pace and speed.
- AFF Championship runner-up: 2010
- Southeast Asian Games Silver medal: 2011
- Islamic Solidarity Games Silver medal : 2013
- Okto–Bachdim might go to England (Indonesian)
- John Duerden (1 January 2011). "Eastern promise; John Duerden: Players who could prove a hit in Europe". ESPN Soccernet. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- Oktovianus Maniani, nearly becoming a fisherman (Indonesian)[permanent dead link]
- "Inilah Daftar 12 Rekrutan Terbaru Pesut Etam" (in Indonesian). Archived from the original on 24 December 2014. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "RESMI: Oktovianus Maniani Gabung Klub Timor Leste Carsae FC" (in Indonesian). Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- List of players participating in the u-23 team selection. (Indonesian)
- "Sriwijaya sukses memenangkan Piala Inter-island 2010". www.tempointeraktif.com. TEMPOinteraktif. 6 September 2010. Archived from the original on 9 September 2010. Retrieved 25 September 2010.
- "Sriwijaya FC Bekuk Arema FC" (in Indonesian). Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- Oktovianus Maniani at Soccerway