National Catholic Register
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The National Catholic Register is a conservative national Catholic newspaper in the United States. It was founded on November 8, 1927, by Matthew J. Smith as the National Edition of the Denver Catholic Register. The Registers current owner is the Eternal Word Television Network, Inc. of Irondale, Alabama, which also owns the Catholic News Agency.
|Founder(s)||Matthew J. Smith|
|Founded||November 8, 1927|
Content includes news and features from the United States, the Vatican, and worldwide, on such topics as culture, education, books, arts and entertainment, as well as interviews. Online content includes various blogs and breaking news.
The Register's print edition is published (bi-weekly, 26 times a year). Tom Wehner has been the managing editor since 2009. Jeanette DeMelo became editor in chief in 2012.
It was founded on November 8, 1927, by Matthew J. Smith as the National Edition of the Denver Catholic Register. For a time in the 1930s, the Register had a chain of Catholic newspapers 
In 2013, the Register had a print circulation of 24,706.
According to Thomas Tweed, director of the Ansari Institute of Global Engagement with Religion at the University of Notre Dame, "I think the same thing that has happened in American political life and media has happened to some extent to Catholics. Progressive Catholics read Commonweal and the National Catholic Reporter, and traditionalist Catholics watch EWTN and read newsletters from the Blue Army."
- Jenkins, Jack. "From the Bible Belt, EWTN shapes world Catholic news", Religious News Service, January 15, 2019
- "Publisher's Page". National Catholic Register.
- "History". The Catholic Telegraph. Archdiocese of Cincinnati. 2009. Retrieved September 6, 2013.
- "EWTN to acquire National Catholic Register". EWTN News. EWTN. January 19, 2011. Archived from the original on July 25, 2011. Retrieved July 26, 2011.
- "National Catholic Register Acquired by EWTN". National Catholic Register. EWTN. January 19, 2011. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- Fink, John F., "The Catholic press and new media", The Criterion, Archdiocese of Indianapolis, February 22, 2013
- "National Catholic Register Named 'Newspaper of the Year'". National Catholic Register.