for the Jatiya Sangsad
|Member(s)||Kabirul Haque Mukti|
Members of ParliamentEdit
Elections in the 2010sEdit
Elections in the 2000sEdit
|Independent||Kabirul Haque Mukti||63,826||39.5||N/A|
|BNP||Biswas Jahangir Alam||50,777||31.4||-42.6|
|Awami League||Bimal Biswas||43,295||26.8||N/A|
|IAB||Md. Ayub Hossain Mina||3,822||2.4||N/A|
|Independent||Dhirendra Nath Shah||63||0.0||N/A|
|Independent gain from BNP|
Sheikh Hasina stood for five seats in the October 2001 general election: Rangpur-6, Narail-1, Narail-2, Barguna-3, and Gopalganj-3. After winning all but Rangpur-6, she chose to represent Gopalganj-3 and quit the other three, triggering by-elections in them. Dhirendra Nath Shah of the BNP was elected in a January 2002 by-election.
|BNP||Dhirendra Nath Shah||63,896||74.0||+19.4|
|Awami League||M. Azizul Haque||21,530||24.9||-29.7|
|BNP gain from Awami League|
|Awami League||Sheikh Hasina||78,216||54.6||+8.5|
|BNP||Dhirendra Nath Saha||61,413||42.9||+18.6|
|IJOF||Sharif Munir Hossain||2,741||1.9||N/A|
|Workers Party||Md. Nazrul Islam||401||0.3||N/A|
|BKA||A. Quddus Sheikh||237||0.2||N/A|
|Independent||Md. Lutfar Rahman Sarder||78||0.1||N/A|
|Jatiya Party (M)||Ishtiaq Hossain Shikder||38||0.0||N/A|
|Awami League hold|
Elections in the 1990sEdit
|Awami League||Dhirendra Nath Saha||51,167||46.1||+0.2|
|BNP||Biswash Jahangir Alam||26,948||24.3||-0.6|
|JP(E)||Gazi Asraf Ul Alam||18,622||16.8||+16.0|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||M. H. Bahauddin||7,389||6.7||+0.9|
|JSD||Sharif Nurul Ambia||1,228||1.1||-0.4|
|Gano Forum||Tariqul Islam||394||0.4||N/A|
|Independent||Munshi Ruhul Kuddus||141||0.1||N/A|
|Jatiya Janata Party (Asad)||Md. Ashiqul Alam||41||0.0||N/A|
|Awami League hold|
|Awami League||Dhirendra Nath Saha||47,158||45.9|
|Independent||Gazi Asraf Ul Alam||13,533||13.2|
|Jamaat-e-Islami||S. Md. Faruk Ahmmad||5,913||5.8|
|JSD||Sharif Nurul Ambia||1,503||1.5|
|JP(E)||SM Abu Sayeed||824||0.8|
|Bangladesh Hindu League||Gobinda||384||0.4|
|JSD (R)||Zamir Hossain||382||0.4|
|Zaker Party||Md. Delwar Hossain||213||0.2|
|Awami League gain from JP(E)|
- "Narail-1". The Daily Star. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "Constituency Maps of Bangladesh" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Delimitation of Constituencies" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "District Statistics 2011: Jhenaidah" (PDF). Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- "List of 3rd Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 4th Parliament Members" (PDF). Bangladesh Parliament (in Bengali). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "List of 6th Parliament Members" (PDF). Jatiya Sangsad. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 September 2018. Retrieved 9 April 2020.
- Ahmed, Taib (15 December 2013). "AL closer to majority before voting". New Age. Dhaka. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election – Detail Results". Amar Desh. Retrieved 8 February 2018.
- "Nomination submission List". Bangladesh Election Commission (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 11 February 2018. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- "Statistical Report: 8th Parliament Election" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. pp. 24–25, 38. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 5 March 2018.
- "Statistical Report: 8th Parliament Election" (PDF). Bangladesh Election Commission. pp. 358, 367. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 5 March 2018.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 29 December 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2018.