Muhammad bin Ibrahim (born 1956) was the 8th Governor of the Central Bank of Malaysia. He assumed the office of Governor on 1 May 2016, succeeding Zeti Akhtar Aziz. He tendered his resignation on 6 June 2018.
|8th Governor of the Central Bank of Malaysia|
1 May 2016 – 6 June 2018
|Preceded by||Zeti Akhtar Aziz|
|Succeeded by||Nor Shamsiah Mohd Yunus|
|Born||1956 (age 66–67)|
Federation of Malaya
|Alma mater||Harvard Kennedy School|
University of Malaya
International Islamic University Malaysia
Muhammad graduated from the Harvard Kennedy School from its Masters in Public Administration programme in 1993. He attended the six-week Advanced Management Programme at Harvard Business School in 2010. He earned a bachelor's degree in accounting from University of Malaya, and a postgraduate diploma in Islamic Banking and Finance from the International Islamic University Malaysia.
Muhammad joined Bank Negara Malaysia in 1984, and appointed as Deputy Governor in June 2010. He sits on the Bank's Monetary Policy Committee as well as the Financial Stability Committee.
Throughout his service to the Central Bank of Malaysia, he held several posts in several government bodies and companies. He was a member of the board of directors of PETRONAS since 2010, and of the Malaysian Retirement Trust Fund since 2012. He is the chairman of the Asian Institute of Finance since 2016.
During the Asian Financial Crisis, he was the managing director of Danamodal Nasional Berhad, a bank recapitalization agency.
Honours of MalaysiaEdit
- Malaysia :
- Selangor :
- Kelantan :
- Abd. Rahman, Norliza (27 April 2016). "Muhammad dilantik Gabenor Bank Negara". Utusan Malaysia. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Malaysia's central bank governor tenders resignation: PM Mahathir". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 2 February 2019.
- "KWAP - Datuk Muhammad Bin Ibrahim". www.kwap.gov.my. Retrieved 2 February 2019.
- "Who is the new Bank Negara governor?". New Straits Times. 27 April 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Dato' Muhammad bin Ibrahim". KWAP. Kumpulan Wang Amanah Persaraan. Archived from the original on 27 September 2015. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Appointment of Dato' Muhammad Ibrahim as Deputy Governor, Dato' Ooi Sang Kuang as Special Adviser and Puan Jessica Chew as Assistant Governor of Bank Negara Malaysia". Central Bank of Malaysia. 15 June 2010. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Asian Institute Of Finance". www.aif.org.my. Retrieved 2 February 2019.
- "Tiga dianugerah gelaran Tun". Berita Harian. 9 September 2017. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "SEMAKAN PENERIMA DARJAH KEBESARAN, BINTANG DAN PINGAT". Prime Minister's Department (Malaysia). Archived from the original on 29 September 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- "51 people awarded 'Tan Sri' title in conjunction with Agong's birthday". The Star. 9 September 2017. Retrieved 25 December 2020.
- "DPMS 2007". awards.selangor.gov.my.
- "SPMS 2016". awards.selangor.gov.my.