This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mana Endo (遠藤 愛, Endō Mana) is a retired Japanese professional tennis player who played on the WTA Tour from 1991 until 1998. She was born on February 6, 1971, in Hiroshima, Japan and resides in Fukuyama, Hiroshima.
|Residence||Fukuyama City, Japan|
|Born||6 February 1971|
|Career titles||1 WTA, 4 ITF|
|Highest ranking||26 (26 September 1994)|
|Grand Slam Singles results|
|Australian Open||3R (1996)|
|French Open||3R (1992)|
|Wimbledon||3R (1992, 1994)|
|US Open||4R (1994)|
|Highest ranking||98 (30 January 1995)|
|Grand Slam Doubles results|
|Australian Open||3R (1995)|
|Last updated on: 13 November 2010.|
She started playing tennis at age 7 with her father and coach Hiroshi. She graduated from the University of Tsukuba while on the tour in March 1993.
- Her career high ranking was 26th worldwide in singles (1994), and 98th in doubles (1995)
- She played 22 Grand Slam tournaments in singles with her best result being the Round of 16 at the 1994 US Open. That tournament marked the first time two Japanese women reached the fourth round of a Grand Slam (Kimiko Date was the other player).
- Her career record is 144–108. She won a singles title in Hobart in 1994, defeating Lindsay Davenport during that tournament.
- Her biggest upset over a seeded player came at the 1996 Australian Open she defeated the number five seed Kimiko Date in the second round.
WTA Tour finalsEdit
Singles: 2 (1–1)Edit
|Tier IV & V||1|
|Win||1.||15 January 1994||Hobart, Australia||Hard||Rachel McQuillan||6–1, 6–7, 6–4|
|Loss||2.||14 January 1996||Hobart, Australia||Hard||Julie Halard-Decugis||1–6, 2–6|
|Winner||1.||12 November 1989||Matsuyama, Japan||Hard||Yone Kamio||6-2, 6-4|
|Winner||2.||30 September 1990||Kuroshio, Japan||Hard||Yone Kamio||6-2, 6-1|
|Winner||3.||28 October 1990||Nagasaki, Japan||Hard||Yone Kamio||0-6, 6-3, 6-2|
|Winner||4.||10 November 1991||Kofu, Japan||Hard||Wang Shi-ting||6-4, 6-0|
|Outcome||No.||Date||Tournament||Surface||Partner||Opponents in the final||Score|
|Runner-up||1.||18 October 1993||Kugayama, Japan||Hard||Masako Yanagi|| Mami Donoshiro
|Runner-up||2.||31 October 1993||Kyoto, Japan||Hard||Masako Yanagi|| Maija Avotins
|Runner-up||3.||7 November 1993||Saga, Japan||Grass||Naoko Sawamatsu|| Ei Iida
|2-6, 6-3, 2-6|
- Mana Endo at the Women's Tennis Association
- Mana Endo at the International Tennis Federation
- Mana Endo at the Billie Jean King Cup
|This biographical article relating to Japanese tennis is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|