Luis Pedro Cavanda
Luis Pedro Cavanda (born 2 January 1991) is a Belgian professional footballer who plays as a right back for Belgian club Standard Liège in the Belgian Pro League, and the Belgian national football team.
|Full name||Luis Pedro Cavanda|
|Date of birth||2 January 1991|
|Place of birth||Luanda, Angola|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position(s)||Right back|
|2011||→ Torino (loan)||3||(0)|
|2012||→ Bari (loan)||8||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 March 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 23:04, 13 November 2015 (UTC)
He was born in Angola and also holds Belgian and Congolese citizenship.
Cavanda moved to Belgium at a young age and began playing for the Belgian club Standard Liège. In January 2007, Cavanda joined Lazio. With Lazio, Cavanda spent three-and-a-half years with the youth side.
In 2009, Cavanda made a substitute appearance in a 4–0 win away to Bulgarian club Levski Sofia in the UEFA Europa League. He got his first start in the return match at the Stadio Olimpico, which Lazio lost 0–1.
His first league start for Lazio came at the Stadio Olimpico against eventual champions Milan. Cavanda earned plaudits with an impressive display against former FIFA World Player of the Year and World Cup winner Ronaldinho.
Having played regularly in Serie A and in the Europa League during the 2011–12 season, Cavanda cemented his spot as a first choice in the 2012–13 season, replacing Abdoulay Konko. Predominantly playing at right back, Cavanda also played at left back, making him a very versatile full back. Cavanda matured under manager Vladimir Petkovic and became an important player in Lazio's squad.
On 10 October 2015, he made his senior debut for the national team in a 4–1 win in a UEFA Euro 2016 qualification match against Andorra.
Cavanda was born in Angola, to an Angolan father and a Congolese mother, and migrated to Belgium at a young age. He holds Belgian nationality. Despite having made youth level appearances for Belgium, Cavanda remained eligible to represent the Angolan and the Congolese national teams. Even though he initially opted for the latter in March 2015, he was called up by the Belgian national football team on 2 October 2015. He plays in the UEFA qualifying game for the nation cup in France against Andorra. This means he only can play for Belgium now.
Statistics accurate as of match played 26 October 2015
- football-italia.net, Official: Cavanda joins Trabzonspor, 12 July 2015, 
- "Luis Pedro Cavanda - Transferi konusunda anlaşmaya varılmıştır" (in Turkish). Kamuyu Aydınlatma Platformu. 9 August 2016. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 21 May 2018. Retrieved 23 April 2018.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "BBC Sport - Andorra 1-4 Belgium". BBC. 10 October 2015. Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "Cavanda si presenta in granata:Toro, aiutami a crescere".
Cavanda was born in Luanda (Angola), but the premature death of father Pedro (Angolan) took him with mom Efrasie (Congolese) and sister Gaby in neighboring Congo
- "Il Belgio è ormai un ricordo, Cavanda giocherà con la nazionale del Congo".
- "Euro 2016: des nouveaux venus dans la sélection de Marc Wilmots".