List of food cooperatives
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014)
This list is not exhaustive, and is limited to notable food cooperatives.
- Abundance Food Co-op, Rochester, NY
- Honest Weight Food Co-op, Albany, NY
- 4th Street Food Co-op, New York City
- Berkeley Student Food Collective, Berkeley, California
- Boise Co-op, Boise, Idaho
- Central Co-op, Seattle, Washington
- Citizens Co-op, Gainesville, Florida (defunct)
- Common Ground Food Co-op, Urbana, Illinois
- Community Food Co-op, Bellingham, Washington
- Consumers' Cooperative of Berkeley, Berkeley, California (defunct)
- The Cooperative Grocery, Emeryville, California (defunct)
- Daily Groceries Co-op, Athens, Georgia
- District Grocery Stores – a former cooperative of small single-room grocery stores in Washington, DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia that operated from 1921 to 1972.
- Food Shed Co-op, Woodstock, IL
- Frontier Natural Products Co-op, Norway, Iowa
- George Street Co-op, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Green Top Grocery, Bloomington, Illinois
- Main Market Co-op, Spokane, Washington
- Marquette Food Co-op, Marquette, Michigan
- Maryland Food Collective at the University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
- New Pioneer Food Co-op, Iowa City, Iowa
- Oberlin Student Cooperative Association – a housing cooperative and food cooperative in Oberlin, Ohio
- Olympia Food Co-op, Olympia, Washington
- Park Slope Food Coop, New York City, New York
- PCC Community Markets (formerly branded as Puget Consumers Co-op and PCC Natural Markets), Seattle, Washington
- People's Food Co-op, Portland, Oregon
- Phat Beets Produce, Oakland, California
- Rainbow Grocery Cooperative, San Francisco, California
- San Juan Island Food Co-op, Friday Harbor, Washington
- Sevananda Natural Foods Co-op, Atlanta, Georgia
- Skagit Valley Food Co-op, Mount Vernon, Washington
- Sno-Isle Food Co-op, Everett, Washington
- Wedge Community Co-op, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- West Chester Cooperative, West Chester, Pennsylvania
- West Oakland Food Collaborative, Oakland, California
- Wheatsville Co-op, Austin, Texas
- Whole Foods Co-op, Duluth, Minnesota
- Willy Street Cooperative, Madison, Wisconsin
- Ypsilanti Food Co-op, Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Puskar-Pasewicz, Margaret, ed. (2010). "Health food stores and food cooperatives". Cultural Encyclopedia of Vegetarianism. Santa Barbara, Calif.: Greenwood. p. 127. ISBN 978-0-313-37557-6.
- "Alfalfa House". Broadsheet. July 28, 2016. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- Fisher, R.I.C. (2012). Fodor's Ireland 2012. Fodor's 2012. Fodor's Travel Publications. p. 10. ISBN 978-0-679-00975-7. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- The Urban Co-op https://www.theurbanco-op.ie/. Missing or empty
- Quay Co-op http://www.quaycoop.com/. Missing or empty
- Voinea, Anca (March 23, 2017). "Coop Sweden boosts profit following launch of new store concept". Co-operative News. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- Chatterji, M.; Bouckaert, L. (2015). Business, Ethics and Peace. Contributions to Conflict Management, Peace Economics and Development. Emerald Group Publishing Limited. p. 192. ISBN 978-1-78441-877-9. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- King, D.; Lawley, S. (2016). Organizational Behaviour. Oxford University Press. p. 435. ISBN 978-0-19-872402-5. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- Supermarket Era Closes Cooperative" by William H. Jones, The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973); November 13, 1972, p.C1
- Genovese, P. (2012). Food Lovers' Guide to New Jersey: The Best Restaurants, Markets & Local Culinary Offerings. Food Lovers' Series. Globe Pequot Press. p. 118. ISBN 978-0-7627-8894-1. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- Ortega, Tania (December 31, 2017). "Wheatsville Co-op repurposes food for those in need". KTBC. Retrieved February 12, 2018.