List of Delta Force members
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The following is a list of notable Delta Force members.
- Eldon A. Bargewell: Commander of Delta Force 1996–1998. Served multiple tours of duty with MACVSOG during Vietnam War.
- Charles Beckwith: Founder and inaugural commander of Delta Force from 1977 to 1980. Retired after the failure of Operation Eagle Claw.
- Kenneth Bowra: Served with Delta Force from 1983 to 1988. Former Commanding Officer of Army 5th Special Forces Group from 1991 to 1993. Served with MACVSOG during Vietnam War in 1971–1972.
- William G. Boykin: Former commander of Delta Force from 1992 to 1994, including service in Somalia during the Battle of Mogadishu.
- Jonathan Dunbar: Joined the Army 2005, served with 325th Airborne Infantry Regiment, then moved to 38th Cavalry Regiment (long range surveillance) in 2009, serving in both Afghanistan and Iraq. In 2013 he moved to Special Operations Command. He was with Delta when he was killed in action in 2018.
- Earl Fillmore Jr.: Sergeant First Class, who at 24, became one of the youngest soldiers to be selected into Delta Force. Killed in action (KIA) in Mogadishu, Somalia during the Battle of Mogadishu.
- Gary Gordon: Medal of Honor recipient. Killed in action, on 3 October 1993, during the Battle of Mogadishu.
- David L. Grange: Former Commanding Officer of 75th Ranger Regiment from 1991 to 1993. Served with Delta Force as Squadron Commander during Operation Urgent Fury in 1983. Deputy Commander of Delta Force from June 1990 to July 1991.
- Thomas Greer: Former Commanding Officer of A-Squadron. He was the senior commanding officer at the Battle of Tora Bora in 2001 and wrote the book Kill Bin Laden. He served in Iraq and Afghanistan. He died in 2016 from cancer. 
- Eric L. Haney: Wrote the book Inside Delta Force, upon which the television series The Unit is based. He served in Operation Eagle Claw, Operation Urgent Fury and Operation Just Cause.
- Gary L. Harrell: Commanding Officer of Delta Force from 1998 to 2000. Served as a troop commander during invasion of Panama in 1989 and served as C Squadron Commander during the Battle of Mogadishu in Somalia in October 1993.
- Austin S. Miller: Commanded Delta Force during the Iraq War and is the current commander of NATO's Resolute Support Mission and U.S. Forces - Afghanistan
- Peter Schoomaker: Commanding Officer of Delta Force from 1989 to 1992 and later commander of JSOC, USASOC and SOCOM.
- Randy Shughart: Medal of Honor recipient. Killed in action, on 3 October 1993, during the Battle of Mogadishu.
- Joshua Wheeler: An assaulter and team leader in 1st SFOD-D for 10 years, with over 17 deployments. Credited with 11 Bronze Stars, four of which for valor. Killed in action, on 22 October 2015, in Iraq, during Operation Inherent Resolve.
- "1st Brigade "Bastogne": Distinguished Members of the Regiment". Archived from the original on 2004-12-04.
- Press, The Associated (1994-06-14). "Col. Charlie Beckwith, 65, Dies; Led Failed Rescue Effort in Iran". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-05-12.
- "J. Dunbar". stripes.com. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2016-10-25/thomas-greer-aka-dalton-fury-elite-commando-turned-author-dies. Missing or empty
- Lardner, Richard (2006-04-11). "Delta Force Vets Dismiss Claims of 'The Unit' Writer". The Tampa Tribune. Archived from the original on 2006-04-24. Retrieved 2007-10-14.
- "The Unit on CBS". Archived from the original on 2007-08-14.
- Bell, William Gardner (2005). "Peter Schoomaker". Commanding Generals and Chiefs of Staff 1775–2005: Portraits & Biographical Sketches of the United States Army's Senior Officers. Washington, DC: United States Army Center of Military History. pp. 166–170. ISBN 0-16-072376-0. CMH Pub 70–14.
- Bowden, Mark (2000). Black Hawk Down: A Story of Modern War. Penguin Books. ISBN 0-14-028850-3.
- "Wheeler Killed in ISIS Raid". NBC News. Retrieved November 30, 2017.