T. V. Radhakrishnan, better known as Kaka Radhakrishnan (c. 1925 – 14 June 2012) was an Indian actor who acted in Tamil language films from the year 1940. He is also notable for having introduced his childhood friend, Sivaji Ganesan, into films.
T. V. Radhakrishnan
|Died||14 June 2012 (aged 86)|
T. V. Radhakrishnan as a child made his debut with Uthama Puthiran (1940) as son of NS Krishnan. He had the prefix "kaka" (crow) attached to his name after a role he played as a young boy,in the film Mangayarkarasi (1949). In the film, he literally climbed a tree to catch a crow and since has been associated with the crow, earning him the nickname.
He acted in 1947 movie "Paithiyakaran" a NSK movie where MGR acted as a supporting character. Radhakrishnan acted in over 400 films which includes Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam films. After performing a variety of roles with several actors of yesteryear Tamil cinema, he experienced renewed interest thanks to actor Kamal Haasan who believed newer audiences should not miss watching such talent.
Family and deathEdit
Radhakrishnan died on 14 June 2012 following a brief illness.
|1959||Thaai Magalukku Kattiya Thaali|
|1963||Chittoor Rani Padmini|
|1992||Thevar Magan||Chinnasamy thevar|
|1998||Udhavikku Varalaamaa||Hussein's father|
|Unakkaga Ellam Unakkaga|
|Unnaruge Naan Irundhal|
|Middle Class Madhavan|
|Vasool Raja MBBS|
|2008||En Uyirinum Melana||Jeeva's grandfather|
- Rangarajan, Mathi (19 January 2007). "Into realms of the past". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 17 April 2012. Retrieved 15 June 2012.
- Rangarajan, Mathi (26 January 2007). "Contented with her lot". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 4 February 2007. Retrieved 15 June 2012.
- Pillai, Swarnavel Eswaran (2015). Madras Studios: Narrative, Genre, and Ideology in Tamil Cinema. India: SAGE Publications. p. 270. ISBN 978-93-5150-121-3.
- Guy, Randor (4 April 2008). "Mangayarkarasi 1949". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 25 May 2017. Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- "Comedian 'Kaka' Radhakrishnan passes away at 86". The Hindu. 15 June 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Veteran actor Kaka Radhakrishnan passes away". The Times of India. 15 June 2012. Archived from the original on 26 January 2013. Retrieved 15 June 2012.