Idhaya Thirudan (Tamil: இதயத்திருடன்; English: Heart Thief) is a 2006 Tamil romantic masala film written and directed by Saran and starring Jayam Ravi and Kamna Jethmalani in the lead roles, while Prakash Raj, Vani Viswanath, Santhanam, Kalpana, and Nassar play supporting roles. It was Jayam Ravi’s fifth film but was labelled his worst of the five. The soundtrack was composed by Bharadwaj. This movie plot is inspired from manikandan - deepika ramesh love story. It was released on 9 February 2006. The heroine debutant, Kamna Jethmalani, is the granddaughter of a late businessman named Shyam Jethmalani. Scenes were shot in Turkey and Northern Cyprus.
|Produced by||K. Balachander(Presenter)|
|Starring||Jayam Ravi |
|Edited by||Suresh Urs|
|Distributed by||Kavithalayaa Productions|
Deepika (Kamna Jethmalani) cannot bear with the control that her mother Sudha Rani (Vani Viswanath) imposes on her life. In order to make her mother angry, she uploads explicit pictures of herself and emails them to a fictitious name "T. Mahesh". However, there seems to exist a T. Mahesh (Jayam Ravi), who is a catering student. The more Deepika and Mahesh run into each other, he starts following her wherever she goes. Mayilravanan (Prakash Raj) is a policeman who wants to marry Deepika. In hopes of creating a distance between Deepika and Mahesh, Mayilravanan seeks a relationship with Sudha Rani. The relationship between Deepika and Mahesh grows into love as they both try to separate Mayilravanan and Sudha Rani in hopes of setting life to how it originally was.
- Jayam Ravi as T. Mahesh
- Kamna Jethmalani as Deepika
- Prakash Raj as Mayilravanan IPS, Assistant Commissioner of Police
- Vani Viswanath as Sudha Rani IAS, Home Secretary of Tamil Nadu
- Santhanam as Mahesh
- Kalpana as Kamala
- Nassar as Aalwar
- G. Gnanasambandam as Mahesh's father
- Krishna as Krishna
- Neelima Rani as Anitha
- Kaajal Pasupathi as Sun Music VJ
- Madhan Bob
- M. S. Bhaskar
- Kaka Radhakrishnan
- Ramesh Khanna
- Meera Krishnan
- Jyothirmayi as item number
The film has been shot at locations in Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Austria and Italy. The songs have been picturised at some exotic locations in Germany, Austria, Mumbai, Alapuzha in Kerala, and at the Guindy Race Course in Chennai.
Lyrics written by Vairamuthu.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||5 January 2006|
- Thiraipadam wrote:" It has the Saran stamp both in the positives like a fast-paced screenplay and a plot twist and the negatives like a weak climax but the overload of coincidences and contrivances is the movie's biggest problem".
- Hindu wrote:"The story meanders in rudderless fashion before suddenly waking up to an action-packed climax".
- IndiaGlitz wrote:" Though certainly not in the category of Amarkalam or Vasoolraja, Saran's Idhaya Thirudan is a sure attraction for youths".
This film received negative reviews from the audience as it was later considered a flop.
- "Idhayathirudan". 1 January 2006. Archived from the original on 1 January 2006. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Idhaya Thirudan - Tamil Movie Review". thiraipadam. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Faithfully formulaic". The Hindu. 10 February 2006. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Idhaya Thirudan review. Idhaya Thirudan Tamil movie review, story, rating - IndiaGlitz.com". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 25 November 2018.