May Madham (English: The Month of May) is a 1994 Tamil-language romance film directed by Venus Balu. The film features Vineeth and Sonali Kulkarni in the lead roles and has art direction by Thotta Tharani. The film was later remade in Hindi as Love You Hamesha with soundtrack by A. R. Rahman
|Directed by||Venus Balu|
|Produced by||G. Venkateswaran|
Crazy Mohan (dialogues)
|Music by||A. R. Rahman|
|Cinematography||P. C. Sreeram|
|Edited by||B. Lenin|
V. T. Vijayan
|Distributed by||G. V. Films|
Sandhya (Sonali Kulkarni) is the only daughter of big shot who always controls her life and schedules her activities. When she finds out he has planned to get her married with a US immigrant, she decides to run away from her family to Madras. Due to some unfortunate events, Sandhya loses her money because of a young photographer (Vineeth) and now she is stuck with him until he repays her cash. As the story unfolds, her family finds her in Madras and love blossoms between the two.
- Vineeth as Eeshwar (Dubbing voice by Venu Arvind)
- Sonali Kulkarni as Sandhya (Dubbing voice by Rohini)
- R. Sundarrajan as All in All
- Manorama as Aandal
- S. N. Lakshmi as Sandhya's grandmother
- Janagaraj as Captain
- Kaka Radhakrishnan as Sadha Sivam "Sadha"
- Anand Krishnamoorthi as Thirugnana Sambanthan (Calcutta)
- P. C. Ramakrishna Rangarajan, as Sandhya's father
- Mounika special appearance in song "Aadipaaru Mangatha"
- Silk Smitha special appearance in song "Palakattu Machanukku"
|Soundtrack album by|
|Recorded||Panchathan Record Inn|
|A.R. Rahman chronology|
All songs were composed by A.R. Rahman and lyrics written by Vairamuthu. He reused these songs in its Hindi remake Love You Hamesha. The film and soundtrack were dubbed to Telugu as Hrudayaanjali. The song "Margazhi Poove" is based on Hindolam raaga, while "Enmel Vizhundha Mazhaithuli" is based on Kapi raga.
|Tamil version (May Madham)|
|1.||"Marghazhi Poove"||Shobha Shankar, Chorus||06:18|
|2.||"En Mel Vizhunda"||P. Jayachandran, K. S. Chitra||05:05|
|3.||"Madrasai Suthi"||Shahul Hameed, Swarnalatha, G. V. Prakash and Manorama||04:51|
|4.||"Minnalae"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||05:37|
|5.||"Adi Paru Mangatha"||Suneeta Rao, T. K. Kala and G. V. Prakash||04:26|
|6.||"Palakkattu Machanukku"||G. V. Prakash, Noel James, A.R.Rahman (Backing Vocals)||04:37|
|Telugu version (Hrudayaanjali)|
|1.||"Maanasa Veena"||Sirivennela Sitarama Sastry||K. S. Chithra & Chorus||06:18|
|2.||"Edapai Jarina"||Bhuvana Chandra||K. S. Chithra, Unnikrishnan||05:05|
|3.||"Madarasu Chuttivaste"||Ghantasala Ratnakumar||Srinivas, Swarnalatha, G. V. Prakash, Noel David and Malgudi Subha||04:51|
|4.||"Achampeta Mangatha"||Veenelakanti||Anupama, Suneeta Rao, T. K. Kala and G. V. Prakash||04:26|
|5.||"Palakollu Mavayya"||Bhuvana Chandra||G. V. Prakash, Gopal Rao||04:37|
The Indian Express wrote "Despite its flaws, May Madham is an engaging litte film that is worth viewing".
- "May Madham". The Indian Express. 9 September 1994. p. 4.
- "சுட்ட படம்" [Stolen film]. Ananda Vikatan (in Tamil). 14 March 2016.
- "May Madham songs Download from Raaga.com - Raaga.com - A World Of Music".
- "The Hindu : Chords & Notes". www.thehindu.com.
- "A Raga's Journey – Hindolam Highlights".
- "Notes that intrigue".