Jesús María Satrústegui
Satrústegui in 1981
|Full name||Jesús María Satrústegui Azpiroz|
|Date of birth||12 February 1954|
|Place of birth||Pamplona, Spain|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Satrústegui was born in Pamplona, Navarre. However, he played his entire professional career in the Basque Country, solely representing Real Sociedad. With the team he totalled 133 La Liga goals in 297 matches, contributing solidly to their league wins in 1981 and 1982 (29 goals combined) alongside namesake Jesús María Zamora.
After a serious knee injury in a match against Real Zaragoza in November 1982 (meniscus, anterior cruciate ligament), Satrústegui never fully recovered and retired aged 32, at the end of the 1985–86 season.
Satrústegui earned 32 caps and scored eight goals for the Spanish national team, and represented his country at UEFA Euro 1980 and the 1982 FIFA World Cup, retiring from international play immediately after the last second group stage game, a 0–0 draw against England – this would also be Zamora's last appearance.
|1.||9 February 1977||Lansdowne Road, Dublin, Republic of Ireland||Republic of Ireland||0–1||0–1||Friendly|
|2.||24 September 1980||Népstadion, Budapest, Hungary||Hungary||2–2||2–2||Friendly|
|3.||25 March 1981||Wembley, London, England||England||0–1||1–2||Friendly|
|4.||28 June 1981||Olímpico, Caracas, Venezuela||Venezuela||0–2||0–2||Friendly|
|5.||5 July 1981||Nacional, Santiago, Chile||Chile||1–1||1–1||Friendly|
|6.||16 December 1981||Luis Casanova, Valencia, Spain||Belgium||1–0||2–0||Friendly|
|7.||16 December 1981||Luis Casanova, Valencia, Spain||Belgium||2–0||2–0||Friendly|
|8.||24 March 1982||Luis Casanova, Valencia, Spain||Wales||1–0||1–1||Friendly|
- "Leyendas de la Real Sociedad – Satrustegui" [Real Sociedad legends – Satrustegui] (in Spanish). El Diario Vasco. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- Satrústegui, tres semanas escayolado (Satrústegui, three weeks with cast); Mundo Deportivo, 18 November 1982 (in Spanish)
- Satrústegui, adiós al fútbol (Satrústegui, goodbye to football); Mundo Deportivo, 26 June 1986 (in Spanish)
- Jesús María Satrústegui Azpiroz – International Matches; at RSSSF
- "World Cup 1982 finals". RSSSF. Retrieved 25 February 2015.