|Also known as||Ishqbaaz: Pyaar Ki Ek Dhinchak Kahani|
|Directed by||Lalit Mohan|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||764|
|Executive producer(s)||Gorky M|
|Running time||22 min approx|
|Production company(s)||4 Lions Films|
|Distributor||Star India |
Novi Digital Entertainment
|Audio format||Digital TV|
|Original release||27 June 2016 –|
15 March 2019
|Related shows||Dil Boley Oberoi|
It initally starred Nakuul Mehta, Surbhi Chandna, Kunal Jaisingh, Shrenu Parikh, Leenesh Mattoo and Mansi Srivastava. The show took a leap of 20 years on 17 December 2018 and aired a new season, Ishqbaaz: Pyaar Ki Ek Dhinchak Kahani, starring Nakuul Mehta as Shivaansh Singh Oberoi and Niti Taylor as Mannat Kaur Khurana.
The family consists of Kalyani Singh Oberoi, the matriarch of the family. She has two sons, Tej and Shakti. Tej is married to Jhanvi and has three children with her namely, Omkara, Rudra and Priyanka. Shakti is married to Pinky and has a son, Shivaay, who is the eldest grandson.
Shivaay manages the Oberoi empire. He does not believe in love and plans to get married to Tia Kapoor on his mother's insistence. After a rocky start, Shivaay forcibly marries Annika, an orphan who has been adopted by a family with a physically disabled brother, Sahil. Although Shivaay and Annika do not get married under the perfect circumstances, they eventually fall in love.
Omkara, originally an artist, also becomes a businessman after he goes through several tragedies. He meets Ishana who wants to marry Omkara to attain financial stability and deceives him pretending to be Bela till she is exposed by his brothers. Riddhima, his previous girlfriend, also deceives Om. He gets married to Gauri Kumari Sharma, a bubbly girl he meets in Bareilly. Initially Omkara hates her and misunderstands her to be a gold digger. But Gauri brings out the artist in him once again and he eventually falls in love with her.
Rudra is the youngest brother and practically the baby of the family. He has no ambitions or goals in life and only loves to work out and party. His initial love interest is Saumya Kapoor, a family friend of the Oberois. In a drunken state, Rudra and Saumya get married but Rudra refuses to accept the marriage. Finally, Saumya leaves him and moves away. Bhavya Pratap Rathore, an undercover police officer ends up using Rudra in one of her operations. Through a series of events they fall in love. Saumya returns to claim Rudra but Rudra and Bhavya get married.
Priyanka is a shy, nervous and honest girl. She befriends Annika from the beginning. Priyanka marries Ranveer Randhawan, a police officer who had been blackmailing her. Ranveer tries to ruin the Oberois with his foster mother Kamini Khurana, but later has a change of heart and falls in love with Priyanka.
The brothers' constant enemy happens to be the Kapoor sisters; Svetlana, Tia and Saumya. Svetlana reveals that their parents were killed in an accident at one of the Oberoi factories and therefore the sisters seek revenge. Svetlana has an affair with Tej and breaks up the family. When Tej and Jhanvi get back together, she tries to seduce their son, Omkara but fails. She is eventually jailed.
Tia, who initially does not reveal herself to be Svetlana and Saumya's sister, tries to marry Shivaay. It is later revealed that she used to date a man named Dushyant, whom she believes died because of Anika and Shivaay. She eventually changes for the better when Dushyant is revealed to be alive.
Saumya, the last Kapoor sister, was initially introduced as a family friend, but right after Bhavya and Rudra's wedding, it is revealed she is the secret third sister of the Kapoor family. Both Svetlana and Saumya are imprisoned, but Tia is reunited with Dushyant and they have a child.
Shivaay's Bua, Roop, wants revenge on the Oberois for abandoning her and tries to frame them for the Kalyani Mills fire as well as killing Svetlana, Tia and Saumya's father, Mr. Kapoor. While trying to save the Oberois, Shivaay learns about Annika's parents; her father, Harsh Vardhan Trivedi also died in the fire. Shivaay tells Annika of her identity and reunites her with her long-lost sister who turns out to be Gauri.
The story takes a different leap, where an author and public speaker, takes them back to where the story started; Annika and Shivaay's first meeting and changes their life, by changing the circumstances.
In this story, Shivaay is a stoic, no-nonsense businessman who is still hurting after his parents' death. It is revealed that the incident that constantly haunts Shivaay is that Pinky killed Shakti after learning about his affair and then killed herself. Omkara is also a businessman, rather than an artist, who help Shivaay due to the lack of family members. Rudra is a supermodel who uses his fame and money as an excuse for everything he does. Priyanka is shown as Shivaay's own younger sister this time.
Annika and Gauri live with their aunt who hates them because their mother left their father for another man. Gauri knows nothing of the incident and Annika struggles to make ends meet. She is constantly stressed about paying for Gauri's college tuition, Sahil's medications, and house rent, with no help from her aunt.
Although Shivaay and Anika meet, they are shown to have a rocky relationship due to Shivaay's lack of trust in women. Gauri and Omkara meet and instantly hit it off. Bhavya and Rudra also meet, but his misuse of money and fame irks Bhavya. Shivaay and Annika get close when the latter is hired by Shivaay's sister Priyanka as a wedding planner. Shivaay is engaged to Tia on the insistence of his grandmother and Priyanka is engaged to Tia's brother Daksh. Both Tia and Daksh are bankrupt and are marrying the Oberoi siblings only for money. Daksh misbehaves with Annika who tries to expose his true nature but fails as Shivaay refuses to believe her.
On Daksh and Priyanka's wedding day, Daksh runs away after being blackmailed by Annika. Priyanka goes to look for him and meets with an accident and goes into coma. Shivaay holds Annika responsible and marries her forcibly. Eventually, Shivaay realizes Daksh's truth and Priyanka recovers. Shivaay publicly exposes Daksh and asks forgiveness from Annika. Shivaay restores Anika's reputation in society and decides to divorce her. After a long struggle Annika makes Shivaay realise that they are made for each other. Tej returns to India to take over the Oberoi empire. He is jealous of Shivaay's fame. He hires Shivaay's friend Mohit to destroy his fame. Mohit comes to Oberoi Mansion along with Nancy. Nancy is attracted to Shivaay and forces him to have a relationship with her, but he denies. One day Nancy is found murdered in Shivaay's room and he is blamed for it. Later, Shivaay discovers that Nancy was alive and she was not the real Nancy, but she was Mohit's assistant. The dead woman was the real Nancy. Mohit killed his own wife for the sake of her property. Mohit is arrested by Bhavya. Shivaay comes to know that Tej was the mastermind behind the incident and thus warns him to leave the country within 24 hours. He tries to kill his own children forcing Shivaay to intervene. Shivaay kills Tej and is sent to prison for seven years.
Five years later
In his absence, Om and Rudra take over Shivaay's business and have grown to hate him for killing Tej, their father. The brothers' evil aunt, Roop, reappears to kill Shivaay. Rudra discovers the real reason behind why Shivaay had to kill Tej. The brothers are reunited. Shivaay's grandmother, Aruna Sehgal, arrives at the Oberoi Mansion. Priyanka is married to Shivaay's business rival Jai Kothari.
It is revealed that a now grown-up Sahil has become spoilt by riches. Shivaay unsuccessfully tries to get him to mend his ways. When Sahil gets arrested for drunk driving, Shivaay refuses to bail him out before letting him spend a night in jail. As a result, Sahil vows to take revenge on Shivaay. Jai Kothari tries to kill Annika, but she is rescued.
20 years later
In December 2018, the show took a leap and focused on the story of Shivaansh (Shivaay and Anika's son). Shivaansh is a superstar and lives with his great grandmothers. He has a sister, Shivaani. Rudra and Bhavya have a son, Dhruv, and Om and Gauri have a daughter, Radhika. She is married to Varun who is revealed to be harbouring a secret enmity against the Oberoi family. Shivaansh, Dhruv, and Radhika share a close bond like Shiv, Om, Ru. Shivaani stays with Om and Rudra's family in London. Shivaansh has only one dream - to build a hospital in his parents' memory to provide free treatment for poor children. He is shown to be fighting a terminal disease and has a short time left to live.
Aditi Deshmukh, an Additional Commissioner of Police, is introduced as a self-made, strong Marathi girl who supports her uncle, aunt, and a younger sister. While her sister, Mahu, is a big fan of Shivaansh, Aditi has a strong prejudice against his fame. Aditi's father is revealed to have gone missing when she was a child making her determined to find him. She is later revealed to be aiding Varun in planning against the Oberois.
Mannat Kaur Khurana is an orphan. Poor and unemployed and treated by her relatives as a burden, she is honest and principled. She gets a job at the Oberoi mansion. Meanwhile, Varun realises that Shivaansh may live if a heart transplant is successful so he abducts Mannat's friend, Munni, and starts blackmailing Mannat. Shivaansh decides to pretend marrying Sonya, an actress, to make his ailing great grandmother happy. Plotting against Shivaansh, Varun swaps Sonya with Mannat and gets them married for real. Varun then blackmails Mannat to destroy the heart rate tracker crucial for Shivaansh's treatment so Mannat can inherit Shivaansh's wealth after his death. Eventually, the story ends with Sahil being exposed as Shivaay's killer and Shivaansh and Mannat confessing their love for each other.
- Nakuul Mehta as Shivaay Singh Oberoi– Pinky and Shakti's son; Priyanka's brother; Annika's husband; Shivaansh and Shivani's father (2016–2018)/Shivaansh Singh Oberoi– Annika and Shivaay's son; Shivani's brother; Mannat's husband (2018–2019)
- Surbhi Chandna as Annika Trivedi– Gauri's sister; Shivaay's wife; Shivaansh and Shivani's mother (2016–2018)
- Kunal Jaisingh as Omkara Singh Oberoi– Jhanvi and Tej's son; Rudra's brother; Gauri's husband; Radhika's father (2016–2018)
- Shrenu Parikh as Gauri Kumari Sharma– Annika's sister; Omkara's wife; Radhika's mother (2017–2018)
- Leenesh Mattoo as Rudra Singh Oberoi– Jhanvi and Tej's son; Omkara's brother; Bhavya's husband; Dhruv's father (2016–2018)
- Mansi Srivastava as Bhavya Pratap Rathore– Rudra's wife; Dhruv's mother (2017–2018)
- Niti Taylor as Mannat Kaur Khurana– Shivaansh's wife (2019)
- Navnindra Behl as Kalyani Singh Oberoi– Tej, Shakti and Roop's mother; Shivaay, Omkara, Rudra and Priyanka's grandmother (2016–2019)
- Mahesh Thakur as Tej Singh Oberoi– Kalyani's son; Shakti and Roop's brother; Jhanvi's husband; Omkara and Rudra's father (2016–2018)
- Mreenal Deshraj as Jhanvi Singh Oberoi– Tej's wife; Omkara and Rudra's mother (2016–2018)
- Siraj Mustafa Khan as Shakti Singh Oberoi– Kalyani's son; Tej and Roop's brother; Pinky's husband; Shivaay and Priyanka's father (2016–2018)
- Nitika Anand as Pinky Singh Oberoi– Aruna's daughter; Shakti's wife; Shivaay and Priyanka's mother (2016–2018)
- Vishavpreet Kaur/Shradha Kaul as Roop Singh Oberoi– Kalyani's daughter; Tej and Shakti's sister; Veer's mother (2016–2018)
- Subha Rajput/Siddhi Karkhani as Priyanka Singh Oberoi– Shakti and Pinky's daughter; Shivaay's sister; Jai's wife (2016–2018)
- Malhar Pandya as Jai Kothari– Priyanka's husband (2018)
- Nikitin Dheer as Dr. Veer Singh Oberoi– Roop's son; Komal's husband (2017–2018) 
- Vividha Kirti as Komal Singh Oberoi– Veer's wife (2017–2018)
- Rishika Mihani as Monali Pratap Chauhan– Veer's fake wife (2017–2018)
- Unknown as Sweta– Veer and Monali's fake child (2018)
- Dishi Duggal as Aruna Sehgal– Pinky's mother (2016–2019)
- Sushmita Mukherjee as Dolly Singh Oberoi, Kalyani's sister-in-law and Ratan's mother (2017)
- Unknown as Ratan, Dolly's son
- Unknown as Vishal Singh Oberoi, Kalyani's nephew by marriage and Abhay's father (2017)
- Avinash Mishra as Abhay Singh Oberoi (2017)
- Reyhna Malhotra as Svetlana Kapoor, Abhay's wife, Omkara's ex-fiancée, Mr. Kapoor and Shobhana Kapoor's eldest daughter (2016–2018)
- Navina Bole as Tia Kapoor, Dushyant's wife, Shivaay's ex-fiancée, Mr Kapoor and Shobhana Kapoor's second daughter (2016–2018)
- Nehalaxmi Iyer as Saumya Kapoor, Rudra's ex-wife, Mr Kapoor and Shobhana Kapoor's youngest daughter (2016–18)
- Aryan Prajapati as Young Sahil Chaturvedi (2016–18)
- Naman Mukul as Mr. Khanna (2016–2018)
- Ayush Anand as Ranveer Singh Randhawa, Priyanka's husband (2016–17)
- Vrushika Mehta as Ishana (2016)
- Krissann Barretto as Romi (2016–17)
- Anisha Hinduja as Shobana Kapoor, wife of Mr Kapoor
- Saurabh Kushwaha as Dushyant/Robin, Tia's husband
- Surbhi Jyoti as Mallika Choudhary (2016)
- Shaleen Malhotra as Vikram Rana (2016)
- Naved Aslam as Vikram Pradeep Rana (2016)
- Karan Khanna as Daksh Khurana (2016–2017, 2018)
- Manasi Salvi as Ketaki Rana (2016)
- Ashish Kaul as Mr. Chabra (2016)
- Anandi Tripathi as Mrs. Chabra (2016)
- Ish Thakkar as Dev Chabra (2016)
- Hiten Meghrajani as Reyaan Chabra - Saumya's ex-fiancé (2016)
- Sheeba Chaddha as Inspector Maadhuri (2016)
- Amrapali Gupta as Kamini Khurana (2017)
- Rahul Dev as Kaali Thakur (2017)
- Anjali Mukhi as Nayantara (2017)
- Additi Gupta as Ragini Malhotra (2017)
- Ankit Raj as Samarjeet Malhotra (2017)
- Danish Pandor as Vikram Thapar (2017)
- Nitin Bhatia as Nandi "Mutthu Swami Iyer" (2017)
- Pratibha Tiwari as Tanya Abhay Singh Oberoi
- Neelam Paanchal as Sahil's Mother (2018)
- Zain Imam as Mohit (2018)
- Mandana Karimi as Nancy (2018)
- Ishani Sharma as Pooja (2018)
- Prakhar Toshniwal as Viraj (2018)
- Kiran Janjani as Abhimanyu Raheja (2018)
- Srishty Rode as Fiza Khan (2018)
- Ankit Siwach as Farhan Khan (2018)
- Veena Mehta as Kalyani's elder sister (2018)
- Siddhi Karkhani as Priyanka Singh Oberoi (2018)
- Abhishek Tiwari as Nikhil, Anika's ex-fiancée (2018)
- Manjiri Pupala as ACP Aditi Deshmukh (2018–2019)
- Sharain Khanduja as Radhika Singh Oberoi, Gauri and Omkara's daughter (2018-2019)
- Abhishek Singh Pathania as Dhruv Singh Oberoi, Bhavya and Rudra's son (2018-2019)
- Pal John as Shivani Singh Oberoi, Annika and Shivaay's daughter; Shivaansh's sister (2018-2019)
- Saransh Verma as Avi, Shivaansh's manager (2018-2019)
- Supriya Pilgaonkar as Inspector Nandini Dixit
- Anup Ingale as Junior Khanna, Shivaansh's bodyguard (2018-2019)
- Manisha Singh Chauhan as Asiya, Shivaansh's publicist (2018-2019)
- Barun Sobti as Advay Singh Raizada - Shivaay's close friend, a special appearance to promote his show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon 3 (2017)
- Kriti Sanon, Ayushmann Khurrana and Rajkummar Rao to promote their film Bareilly Ki Barfi (2017)
- Badshah as himself, a special appearance for Shivaay-Anika's Haldi ceremony (2017)
- Aakriti Sharma as Kullfi, a special appearance to promote her show Kullfi Kumarr Bajewala (2018)
- Supriya Pathak as Hansa Parekh, to promote her new show Khichdi Returns (2018)
- Antara Biswas as Daayan Mohana from Nazar
Initially focussing on these three brothers, it later became centered on the love story of Shivaay (Nakuul Mehta) and Annika (Surbhi Chandna); with the story of Omkara (Kunal Jaisingh) and Rudra (Leenesh Mattoo) being shifted to the spin-off series Dil Boley Oberoi. Soon, the spin-off series was merged with this parent series.
On 18 June 2018, a reboot version, Ishqbaaaz: Redux, was launched.
Owing to its declining viewership ratings, it took a leap in December 2018 which starred Nakuul Mehta and Manjiri Pupala. As it failed to increase the ratings, Pupala's character was made negative and thus she quit. Eventually, Niti Taylor was roped for female lead as Mannat Kaur Khurana. Even then the expected ratings were not delivered and thus went off air on 15 March 2019.
A spin off series, Dil Boley Oberoi, premiered on 13 February 2017. It is acclaimed to be the first Indian soap to have a spin-off. On 7 July 2017, Dil Boley Oberoi ended and the storylines were merged back into Ishqbaaaz.
In Dil Boley Oberoi, Shrenu Parikh was introduced as Kunal Jaisingh's love interest.
Original Sound Track
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||07 August 2016|
|Sanjeev Srivastava chronology|
The Ishqbaaaz soundtrack was written by Shaheen Iqbal, and composed by Sanjeev Srivastava. Sanjeev Srivastava had composed the original songs and background score for the show. The original version of the album was released on 7 August 2016. "O Jaana", the theme song of the serial performed by Pamela Jain & Bhaven Dhanak. "O Saathiya", the theme song of Dil Boley Oberoi, the album released on 1 May 2017. Firstly, the song was made for Omkara & Ishana, but after Ishana left, the song was not used at Ishqbaaaz. When Dil Boley Oberoi aired on, the female version by Pamela Jain was released, but now it also used on this show for Omkara & Gauri, after merging with Ishqbaaaz.
|1.||"O Jaana" (Female)||Pamela Jain||04:24|
|2.||"O Jaana" (Male)||Bhaven Dhanak||04:25|
|3.||"O Jaana" (Duet)||Bhaven Dhanak & Pamela Jain||04:23|
|4.||"O Jaana" (Acoustic)||Bhaven Dhanak & Pamela Jain||02:30|
|Dil Boley Oberoi: Tracklisting|
|1.||"O Saathiya" (Female)||Pamela Jain||06:55|
|2.||"O Saathiya" (Male)||Bhaven Dhanak||07:00|
|3.||"O Saathiya" (Duet)||Bhaven Dhanak & Pamela Jain||06:58|
|1.||"Lafzon Ka Ye Rishta Nahi" (Family Song)||Various Artists||02:00|
Ishqbaaaz was dubbed in Tamil and released as Kadhala Kadhala. It aired on Vijay Super and was discontinued even though more than 300 episodes were aired, and previously aired on Star Vijay as well. The show has been officially remade in Kannada as Sathyam Shivam Sundaram, airing on Star Suvarna. It is being directed by Sudharsan Srinivasan. Ishqbaaaz has been also dubbed into Arabic titled as Lil Ishq Junoon and it airs on MBC Bollywood. There is also a Malayalam dubbed version, Priyamanasam.
- "Ishqbaaaz online streaming on Hotstar". Hotstar. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- Akash Wadhwa (28 June 2016). "I will not play a maakhi's boyfriend in a serial:Nakuul Mehta". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- Sen, Sreejeeta. "Ishqbaaz completes 500 episodes; Nakuul Mehta, Gul Khan, Surbhi Chandna share their excitement". Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Ishqbaaz to go off air on March 15; lead actor Nakuul Mehta writes an emotional post - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Shivaay's Dadi aka Navindra Behl to quit Ishqbaaz; this actress will replace her". India Today. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Nikitin Dheer joins cast of 'Ishqbaaaz'". BizAsia. 22 December 2017. Retrieved 8 July 2018.
- "Things to get intense with this NEW ENTRY in ISHQBAAZ". ABP News. 10 October 2016. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- Tanvi Trivedi (12 July 2016). "Vrushika Mehta to enter 'Ishqbaaz'". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "Vrushika Mehta no more a part of Ishqbaaz". The Times of India. TNN. 28 September 2016. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "Surbhi Jyoti in love with her Ishqbaaaz look". The Hans India. 7 September 2016.
- "Shaleen Malhotra replaces Karanvir in 'Ishqbaaz' - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Ishqbaaz: This new entrant to bring a huge twist in Anika and Shivaay's life!". ABP News. 4 November 2016. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "ISHQBAAZ: 3 new actors set to enter in the show". ABP News. 5 October 2016. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "Anika to again create 'troubles' for Shivaay in Ishqbaaaz". Indo American News. 7 October 2016. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "Anika to again create 'troubles' for Shivaay in Ishqbaaaz - Indo American News".
- "I was bored playing negative roles: Ishqbaaaz actress Amrapali Gupta - Entertainment News". www.timesnownews.com.
- Neha Maheshwri (9 June 2017). "Ankit Raj enters 'Ishqbaaaz' as the new hero". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- Parismita Goswami (1 June 2016). "Star Plus' 'Silsila Pyar Ka' and 'Dahleez' to be replaced by new shows". International Business Times. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- Anvita Singh (14 February 2017). "Dil Bole Oberoi is Ishqbaaz's spin-off; 5 TV characters that deserve their own series". India Today. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "Indian television's first spin-off show 'Dil Bole Oberoi' to go off air?".
- "Ishqbaaaz to present Shivaay and Anika's new love story". The Indian Express. 16 June 2018. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- "Actress Manjiri Pupala to romance Nakuul Mehta in Ishqbaaz post leap". India Today.
- "Manjiri Pupala aka ACP Aditi CONFIRMS quitting Nakuul Mehta's 'Ishqbaaaz'!". Abp Live.
- "Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan star Niti Taylor to make TV comeback with Ishqbaaz. Details inside". India Today.
- "Viewers get to see more of Oberoi family with Star Plus' spin-off stunt".
- Screen Journal. "Ishqbaaz - O Jaana NEW Song Female Version Full". Retrieved 2 February 2019 – via YouTube.
- Screen Journal. "ISHQBAAZ - O JAANA NEW SONG MALE VERSION FULL". Retrieved 2 February 2019 – via YouTube.
- Screen Journal. "O Saathiya Jo Na Keh Sake Tum Ishqbaaz - Dil Bole Oberoi - Ishkara Full Song - Kunal Jaisingh". Retrieved 2 February 2019 – via YouTube.
- Screen Journal. "O Saathiya - Ishqbaaz Song - Rikara Romance - Omkara and Gauri - Shrenal - Screen Journal". Retrieved 2 February 2019 – via YouTube.