Dil Boley Oberoi
Dil Boley Oberoi (transl. The heart says Oberoi) is an Indian television series which aired on Star Plus. It is the spin-off to Ishqbaaaz. It was the first Indian spin-off series and starred Shrenu Parikh and Kunal Jaisingh.
|Dil Boley Oberoi|
|Opening theme||"O Saathiya" by Pamela Jain|
|Ending theme||"O Saathiya" by Bhaven Dhanak|
|Composer||Sanjeev Srivastava & Raju Singh|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||105|
|Running time||21 min|
|Production company||4 Lions Films|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Original release||13 February 2017 –|
7 July 2017
Omkara-Gauri "RiKara" love storyEdit
Circumstances forced Omkara Singh Oberoi to despise the idea of love and made him distant from the very relationships he once used to cherish, because of traumatic past experiences; due to his father, Tej's affair with his secretary, Svetlana and the betrayal of Om's mother, Jhanvi and due to his experience of being fooled easily by women who hurt his emotions. Then, Gauri Kumari Sharma enters his life, whom he looks down upon as an opportunistic, greedy and characterless girl while in reality, Gauri is a caring girl who values relationships and is devoted to Lord Shiva. Under unforeseen circumstances, both get married; but due to uncleared misunderstandings between them, Omkara develops a deep hatred for Gauri and leaves her right after marriage, subsequently, Gauri, in Chulbul's disguise enters Omkara's home - the Oberoi Mansion and during her time as a domestic help there, she grows very close to him and also plays an active role in making Omkara's mission to expose Svetlana and to get rid of her from their lives, a success, meanwhile, Kaali Thakur, the local landowner and don of Bareilly returns to Gauri's life seeking revenge as Gauri had left him at the altar. Kaali Thakur and Svetlana team up, and manipulate Tej against Jhanvi and Omkara. However, Gauri (as Chulbul) with help from Rudra and Bua Maa (Dolly Oberoi) saves the day.
After finally getting rid of Svetlana and Kaali, Gauri has to face Omkara's wrath as he gets to know her true identity, despite Omkara wanting to throw Gauri out of his life, Gauri still stands by his side, sacrificing her self-pride, to protect Omkara's life from Bua Maa (his aunt) whose sweet gestures were all pretend as she seeks vengeance for her son, Ratan's accidental death when he was a child and was trying to save Om from drowning, Gauri exposes Bua Maa. Gauri decides to leave Omkara who by now has developed a soft corner for Gauri and learning from his previous mistakes; decides to give their relationship another chance. This marks the end of Dil Boley Oberoi, and Omkara and Gauri's story continued in Ishqbaaaz, where they have to face more hurdles; due to misunderstandings and mistrust in their relationship before finally realizing their feelings for each other.
Rudra-Saumya "RuMya" love storyEdit
Dil Boley Oberoi also marks the continuation of Rudra and Saumya's relationship, initially seen in Ishqbaaaz, where it was seen that Rudra's antics, and his arrogance and ego towards Saumya had already put a dent in their relationship. Despite Saumya's repeated efforts to save their drowning relationship, Rudra (wrongfully) holds her responsible for the growing tension between his father, Tej and his older brother, Omkara and for the other problems of his family, leaving Saumya devastated. Their paths cross again when they are taking the same flight to a mutual friend's engagement. The flight's hijacking leads Saumya and Rudra to work together to save the plane from crashing, but their differences remain and Saumya realizes that it is high time they ended things. She visits him for the last time and tells him that they are better off as friends. She then leaves for Australia to pursue higher studies after parting on good terms with Rudra.but she returns to the oberoi mansion and is later discovered to be evil. The life story of rudra then takes a turn when he meets Bhavya pratab Rathore a police officer who came on a secret mission. While rudra takes interest in Bhavya she was planning to use rudra as her defender but eventually both started having feelings for each other. But the identity of Bhavya to be a police officer was not revealed to rudra yet and according to him bhavya was a shy, sweet, belonging to a low thinking society but as they started their mission and faced many herdels eventually bhavya's identity was revealed which leaves rudra shattered and started showing his anger and sadness with Bhavya.
Rest of their story is continued in ishqbaaz.
- Shrenu Parikh as Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi - Harshvardhan's daughter, Annika's sister, Omkara's wife (2017)
- Kunal Jaisingh as Omkara "Om" Singh Oberoi - Jhanvi and Tej's son, Rudra and Priyanka's brother, Shivaay cousin, Gauri's husband (2017)
- Leenesh Mattoo as Rudra Singh Oberoi - Jhanvi and Tej's son, Omkara and Priyanka's brother, Shivaay's cousin, Bhavya's husband (2017)
- Mansi Srivastava as Bhavya Rudra Singh Oberoi - Rudra's wife (2017)
- Nehalaxmi Iyer as Saumya Kapoor - Rudra's ex-wife, Svetlana and Tia's sister (2017)
- Reyhna Malhotra as Svetlana Kapoor - Tia and Saumya's sister, Tej's ex-mistress, Omkara's ex-fiancée, Abhay's ex-wife (2017)
- Mahesh Thakur as Tej Singh Oberoi - Kalyani's son, a ruthless businessman, Shakti and Roop's brother, Jhanvi's husband, Omkara, Rudra and Priyanka's father, Shivaay's uncle (2017)
- Mreenal Deshraj as Jhanvi Singh Oberoi - Tej's wife, Omkara, Rudra and Priyanka's mother, Shivaay's aunt (2017)
- Navnindra Behl as Kalyani Singh Oberoi - matriarch of Oberoi family, Prithviraj's wife, Tej, Shakti and Roop's mother, Shivaay, Omkara, Rudra and Priyanka's grandmother (2017)
- Sushmita Mukherjee as Dolly Singh Oberoi - Kalyani's sister-in-law, Ratan's mother (2017)
- Avinash Mishra as Abhay Singh Oberoi - Shivaay, Omkara, Rudra and Priyanka's cousin (2017)
- Rahul Dev as Kaali Thakur - a landlord and the local don (2017)
- Nakuul Mehta as Shivaay Singh Oberoi - Pinky and Shakti's son, Omkara, Rudra and Priyanka's cousin, Annika's husband (2017)
- Surbhi Chandna as Annika Singh Oberoi (née Vardhan Trivedi) - Harshvardhan's daughter, Gauri's sister, Sahil's foster sister, Shivaay's wife (2017)
- Subha Rajput as Priyanka Singh Oberoi - Jhanvi and Tej's daughter, Omkara and Rudra's sister, Shivaay's cousin, Ranveer's wife (2017)
- Ayush Anand as Ranveer Singh Randhawa - Priyanka's husband (2017)
- Nitin Bhatia as Nandi - Gauri's sworn brother (2017)
- Sara Khan as Mohini - Aditya's ex-girlfriend; a mentally-disturbed girl who seeks revenge and for that hijacked Rudra's flight (2017)
- Nidhi Uttam as Jhanvi Thakur - Kali Thakur's late wife; who committed suicide by burning herself alive (2017)
- Sehrish Ali as Maya - Svetlana's assistant; who on Svetlana's orders faked herself as a ghost to drive away Omkara's attention from Svetlana's actions (2017)
- Mrinmai Kolwalkar as The real identity of fake Svetlana Kapoor; who had taken up the face of real Svetlana by plastic surgery (2017)
- Rakesh Srivastav as Mr. Dhurandhar - a court official hired by "Biggest Aunt"; to bring Omkara-Gauri close to each other, for the success of her mission to get Omkara's son and raise him as her dead son, Ratan (2017)
- Unknown as Dr. Dang - he was the only one who knew about Svetlana's surgery; because he was the surgeon. But before revealing the truth; he was killed by Svetlana (2017)
Speaking about introducing a spin-off of Ishqbaaaz, lead actor Kunal Jaisingh said, "Spin-offs" as a trend have come to India now. It has always been there in the west. "Ishqbaaaz" had three stories running together and just 20 minutes couldn't do justice to all three. That's how the idea of "Dil Boley Oberoi" came. The show came through beautifully. And it was of course amazing to have my own story and see my character grow.”
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2017||Gold Awards||Best Actor In Negative Role||Rahul Dev||Nominated|
|Best Debut (Male)||Kunal Jaisingh||Nominated|
- "Dil Boley Oberoi SoundTrack Album 2017". SoundCloud.
- "Ishqbaaaz to get its own spin-off series?". Times Of India.
- "Ishqbaaaz's spin-off to replace Nikhil Advani's POW Bandhi Hum Yudh Ke". 23 January 2017. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "Viewers get to see more of Oberoi family with Star Plus' spin-off stunt".
- "Indian television's first spin-off show 'Dil Bole Oberoi' to go off air?". mid-day. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "Ishqbaaz and Dil Bole Oberoi will be merging, both shows need each other: Producer Gul Khan". www.pinkvilla.com. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "The first promo of 'Dil Bole Oberoi' is here and it looks very promising". Times Of India.
- "The first promo of 'Dil Bole Oberoi' is here and it looks very promising – Times of India". Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "What makes TV shows' spin-offs work". Times Of India.