Integral University (Lucknow)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||Inspiring Existence |
|Type||State Private university|
1998 (as Institute of Integral Technology, Lucknow)2004 (as Integral University, Lucknow)
|Chancellor||S. R. Azmi Nadvi|
|Vice-Chancellor||S. W. Akhtar|
|Location||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
Integral University is a state private university in Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, India, which originated as the Institute of Integral Technology, Lucknow. The Institute of Integral Technology, Lucknow was established in 1998.
The foundation stone was laid on 3 November 1993 by Abul Hasan Ali Hasani Nadwi, rector of Darul-uloom Nadwatul Ulama, Lucknow. The main building was inaugurated by the then governor of Uttar Pradesh Shri Moti Lal Vohra on 14 January 1996. An engineering college was simultaneously established by the Islamic Council for Productive Education (ICPE) in 1997, which started functioning from 1998 with two courses: Computer Science and Engineering, and Electronics Engineering. Later other courses like Architecture, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Master of Computer Application(MCA) were added.
Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the then prime minister of India, laid the foundation stone of a residential complex on 30 June 1999. During his speech he expressed his hope that the Institute of Integral Technology, Lucknow having the abbreviation IIT will maintain the same standard as the other IITs do. The Institute then affiliated to Uttar Pradesh Technical University. In recognition of the growth of the school, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Mulayam Singh Yadav declared that the Institute of Integral Technology, Lucknow shall be elevated to a full-fledged university in no time. He granted Minority Status to the institute. Soon after this declaration, he got the bill passed in the Assembly on 26 February 2004 and issued Govt. Gazette Notification No. 389/ lkr - fo -1-1 (d)-9-2004 dated 27 February 2004 for the formation of Integral University, Lucknow, under Act Number 9 of 2004 by the Uttar Pradesh state government. It is approved under Sections 2(F), 22(1) & 12(B) of UGC Act, 1956. It has been declared eligible to receive Central Assistance under Section 12(B) of the UGC Act, 1956.
Integral University, Lucknow is now a member of and listed by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Integral University, Lucknow has nine faculties and four polytechnics. Polytechnics are at remote campuses in Shahjahanpur, Sultanpur and Allahabad.
- Faculty of Applied Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of English
- Department of Environmental Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Bio-science
- Faculty of Architecture
- Department of Architecture
- Faculty of Computer Application
- Department of Computer Application
- Faculty of Education
- Department of Education
- faculty of humanities & social science
- Department of MSW
- Faculty of Engineering
- Department Bioengineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Management and Research
- Department of Business Management
- Faculty of Library Science
- Department of Library Science
- Institute of Medical Sciences & Research
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Anaesthesiology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of Dentistry
- Department of E.N.T.
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of General Medicine
- Department of General Surgery
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Orthopaedics
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Paediatrics
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Physiotherapy
- Department of Radio Diagnosis
- Faculty Of Pharmacy
- Department of Pharmacy
- University Polytechnic (Shahjahanpur campus)
- University Polytechnic (Sultanpur campus)
- University Polytechnic (Allahabad campus)
The university is divided in blocks: Administrative block, Academic blocks 1, 2, 3, Civil Block, Medical and Hospital Block, Library Block and Architecture block. Besides this, the university has four boys hostels (1, 2, 3, 4), three girls hostels and Resident Hostel for Doctors and Nurses. A Punjab National Bank branch is opened in the university. The university has seven computer centres and labs. There is a Mechanical workshop, with traditional and modern machines and latest tools and instruments. Recently the Faculty of Pharmacy has been ranked FIRST in the State of Uttar Pradesh and 25th in the Country among Pharmacy Institutions by NIRF, MHRD, Govt of India
The university hosts several annual events.
- FIESTA is the annual technical and cultural festival. Events in FIESTA display a fusion of technical events, like paper presentation and model exhibition, and fun events, like face painting and collage making.
- AGHAAZ is the annual sports meet, hosting more than 50 universities and colleges. Events include athletics, ball games such as cricket and football, power lifting, LAN gaming and more.
- Spectrum is the annual festival of Civil Engineering Department. Events include paper and poster presentation, debate competition, quiz events and more.
- "UGC Act-1956" (PDF). mhrd.gov.in/. Secretary, University Grants Commission. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Fiesta-2009". integraluniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- "AGHAAZ". aghaaz.in. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- "SPECTRUM '12". spectrum12fest.blogspot.in. 2012. Retrieved 4 April 2012.