Integral University (Lucknow)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Integral University is a state private university in Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, India, which originated as the Institute of Integral Technology, Lucknow. The Institute of Integral Technology, Lucknow was established in 1998. Integral University, Lucknow is now a member of and listed by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
|Motto||Inspiring Excellence |
|Type||State Private university|
1998 (as Institute of Integral Technology, Lucknow)2004 (as Integral University, Lucknow)
|Chancellor||Syed Waseem Akhtar|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. M.K.J. Siddiqui (Acting)|
|Location||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
This section needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The foundation stone was laid on 3 November 1993 by Abul Hasan Ali Hasani Nadwi, rector of Darul-uloom Nadwatul Ulama as Institute of Integral Technology, Lucknow. The main building was inaugurated by the then governor of Uttar Pradesh Shri Moti Lal Vohra on 14 January 1996. An engineering college was simultaneously established by the Islamic Council for Productive Education (ICPE) in 1997, which started functioning from 1998 with two courses: Computer Science and Engineering, and Electronics Engineering. Later other courses like Architecture, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Master of Computer Application(MCA) were added.Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the then prime minister of India, laid the foundation stone of a residential complex on 30 June 1999. During his speech he expressed his hope that the Institute of Integral Technology, Lucknow having the abbreviation IIT will maintain the same standard as the other IITs do. The Institute then affiliated to Uttar Pradesh Technical University.
Transformation into universityEdit
In recognition of the growth of the school, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Mulayam Singh Yadav declared that the Institute of Integral Technology, Lucknow shall be elevated to a full-fledged university in no time. He granted Minority Status to the institute. Soon after this declaration, he got the bill passed in the Assembly on 26 February 2004 and issued Govt. Gazette Notification No. 389/ lkr - fo -1-1 (d)-9-2004 dated 27 February 2004 for the formation of Integral University, Lucknow, under Act Number 9 of 2004 by the Uttar Pradesh state government. It is approved under Sections 2(F), 22(1) & 12(B) of UGC Act, 1956. It has been declared eligible to receive Central Assistance under Section 12(B) of the UGC Act, 1956.
Faculties and departmentsEdit
Integral University consists of 12 faculties and departments, 3 institutes each of agriculture, allied health and medical sciences, with 2 schools each of nursing and pharmacy and a university Polytechnic providing courses at the diploma, undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels. Integral University also includes the of the Techno-Academic School in the law campus which provides the secondary and senior secondary education.
- Department of Arts
- Department of Languages
- Faculty of Applied Science
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Computer Application
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Humanities & Social Science
- Faculty of Library Science
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Management and Commerce
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy
- Institute of Agricultural Science & Technology (IIAST)
- Institute of Allied Health Sciences & Research (IIAHSR)
- Institute of Medical Sciences & Research (IIMS&R)
- University Polytechnic
|University and college rankings|
|General – India|
|NIRF (Universities) (2018)||151–200|
|Pharmacy – India|
The university is divided into blocks: Administrative block, Academic blocks 1, 2, 3, Civil Block, Medical and Hospital Block, Library Block and Architecture block. Besides this, the university has four boys hostels (1, 2, 3, 4), three girls hostels and Resident Hostel for Doctors and Nurses. A Punjab National Bank branch is opened in the university. The university has seven computer centers and labs. There is a Mechanical workshop, with traditional and modern machines and latest tools and instruments.
The university hosts several annual events.
- FIESTA is the annual technical and cultural festival. Events in FIESTA display a fusion of technical events, like paper presentation and model exhibition, and fun events, like face painting and collage making.
- AGHAAZ is the annual sports meet, hosting more than 50 universities and colleges. Events include athletics, ball games such as cricket and football, power lifting, LAN gaming and more.
- Spectrum is the annual festival of Civil Engineering Department. Events include paper and poster presentation, debate competition, quiz events and more.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Universities)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Pharmacy)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "Fiesta-2009". integraluniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- "AGHAAZ". aghaaz.in. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- "SPECTRUM '12". spectrum12fest.blogspot.in. 2012. Retrieved 4 April 2012.