Ingrid A.M. Robeyns (born 1972) holds the Chair Ethics of Institutions at Utrecht University, Faculty of Humanities and the associated Ethics Institute.
Robeyns in 2014
|Born||10 September 1972|
|Nationality||Dutch and Belgian|
|Institution||University of Utrecht|
|Field||Welfare economics, development economics, ethics|
|Alma mater||University of Cambridge|
|Contributions||Human development theory|
Robeyns is from Leuven in Belgium. She gained a Belgium licentiate qualification in economics from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (the Catholic University of Leuven) in 1994. She went on to study social and political science in Germany at the Georg August Universität, Göttingen (University of Göttingen). Robeyns returned to the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven for her MSc in economics which she completed in 1997.
Her doctorate in philosophy and economics came from the University of Cambridge in 2003, her dissertation was on gender inequality and the capacity approach. Robeyns also has an MA in philosophy from the Open University (2007).
In 2006 the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) awarded her a five-year Vidi grant for research on theories of justice. The research considers what the question of justice means within the welfare state for children, parents and non-parents.
Robeyns claimed dual Dutch / Belgium citizenship in 2013.
- Robeyns, Ingrid (July 2002). Gender inequality: a capability perspective (PhD thesis). Cambridge University. OCLC 894596063.
- Robeyns, Ingrid; Kuklys, Wiebke (2004). Sen's Capability Approach to welfare economics – Cambridge working paper in economics 0415 (PDF). Cambridge, England: Department of Applied Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Robeyns, Ingrid; Agarwal, Bina; Humpries, Jane (2005). Amartya Sen's work and ideas: a gender perspective. Oxon, England: Routledge. ISBN 9780415373203.
- Robeyns, Ingrid; Brighouse, Harry (2010). Measuring justice: primary goods and capabilities. Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9781843156994.
- Robeyns, Ingrid (2014). The Capability Approach. Cambridge, England: Open Book Publishers. ISBN 9781909254909
- Robeyns, Ingrid; van Hees, Martin; Nys, Thomas (2014). Basisboek ethiek. Amsterdam, Holland: Uitgeverij Boom. ISBN 9789461059321.
- Robeyns, Ingrid (2017). Wellbeing, Freedom and Social Justice: The Capability Approach Re-Examined. Cambridge, England: Open Book Publishers. doi:10.11647/OBP.0130. hdl:10419/182376. ISBN 9781783744237.
- Prof.dr. I.A.M. Robeyns (1972 – ) at the Catalogus Professorum Academiæ Rheno-Traiectinæ.
- "Human Resource Management – Nog meer nieuws over HR".
- "HDCA Fellows". Human Development & Capability Association. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Morris, Christopher (2009), "Contributors", in Morris, Christopher (ed.), Amartya Sen, Cambridge New York: Cambridge University Press, pp. xii–xiii, ISBN 9780521618069
- Robeyns, Ingrid. "CV". Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Social justice and the new welfare state". Eramus University Rotterdam. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Robeyns, Ingrid (13 October 2013). "One woman, two votes". Crooked Timber. Retrieved 17 April 2014.