Hrušovany nad Jevišovkou
|• Mayor||Miroslav Miloš|
|• Total||25.30 km2 (9.77 sq mi)|
|Elevation||181 m (594 ft)|
|• Density||130/km2 (340/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The first written mention of Hrušovany nad Jevišovkou is from 1131. The settlement was promoted to a town in 1495 by King Vladislaus II. During the rule of counts of Khuen-Belassi in the 19th century, the economical development occurred. The railway from Brno to Vienna, a school and a hospital were built and a sugar factory was founded.
|Source: Historical lexicon of municipalities of the Czech Republic|
The parish Church of Saint Stephan is the one of the most valuable monuments. It was built in the late Baroque style in 1758 by plans of the architect Joseph Emanuel Fischer von Erlach. It replaced an old church first mentioned in 1339.
- "Population of Municipalities – 1 January 2021". Czech Statistical Office. 2021-04-30.
- "Strategický plán rozvoje města Hrušovany nad Jevišovkou 2014–2020" (in Czech). Město Hrušovany nad Jevišovkou. p. 22. Retrieved 2021-11-19.
- "Historický lexikon obcí České republiky 1869–2011 – Okres Znojmo" (in Czech). Czech Statistical Office. 2015-12-21. pp. 3–4.
- "Historie" (in Czech). Moravskoslezské cukrovary s.r.o. Retrieved 2021-11-19.
- "Hrušovanské pamětihodnosti" (in Czech). Město Hrušovany nad Jevišovkou. Retrieved 2021-11-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hrušovany nad Jevišovkou.|