The heist film or caper film is a subgenre of crime film. It focuses on the planning, execution, and aftermath of a theft. They could be described as the analogues of caper stories in film history. A typical film includes many plot twists, with the focus on the characters' attempts to formulate a plan, carry it out, and escape with the goods. Often a nemesis must be thwarted, who might be either a figure of authority or else a former partner who turned on the group or one of its members.
List of filmsEdit
- Hardy, Phil, ed. (1997). "The Caper Film". The BFI Companion to Crime. A & C Black. pp. 70–71. ISBN 978-0-304-33215-1.
- Hunter, Rob (September 6, 2018). "The Best Diamond Heist Movies You've Never Seen". /Film. Retrieved February 20, 2019.
- Morris, Brogan (September 14, 2018). "10 great heist films". bfi.org.uk. British Film Institute. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- Dockterman, Eliana (August 18, 2017). "The 25 Best Heist Movies". Time. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- Staff, Playlist (September 10, 2010). "25 All-Time Favorite Heist Movies". IndieWire. Retrieved February 20, 2019.