Kshana Kshanam (English: Moment to Moment) is a 1991 Telugu neo-noir road movie written and directed by Ram Gopal Varma. The film Starred Venkatesh, Sridevi and Paresh Rawal in the lead roles. The sound track and background score composed by M. M. Keeravani received rave reviews. The Comedy thriller film is one of the highest rated Telugu films on the Internet Movie Database. The narrative by Ram Gopal Varma, and the cinematography by S. Gopala Reddy, received positive reviews.
|Directed by||Ram Gopal Varma|
K. L. Narayana|
Y. Lakshmana Chowdary
S. Gopala Reddy
|Written by||Satyanand (Dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||Ram Gopal Varma|
|Story by||Ram Gopal Varma|
|Music by||M. M. Keeravani|
|Cinematography||S. Gopala Reddy|
Sri Durga Arts
25 December 1991 (2nd run)
|2 hrs 38 min|
Produced by Durga Arts, the film went on to become a sleeper hit with its second theatrical release in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Tamil Nadu, along with a dubbed Hindi version titled Hairaan which gathered positive reports from bollywood critics, and was screened at the International Film Festival of India, Ann Arbor Film Festival, and the Fribourg International Film Festival. The path breaking film received critical acclaim which led to four state Nandi Awards, including the Nandi Award for Best Direction, the Nandi Award for Best Screenplay Writer, and a Filmfare Award South. Varma later remade the film in Hindi as Daud, and also donned films such as Thiruda Thiruda, Anaganaga Oka Roju and Road on the lines of Kshana Kshanam.
The film is the story of a middle class girl (Sridevi) and a thief (Daggubati Venkatesh) brought together under strange circumstances. The film revolves around the pair chased by an eccentric bank robber, (Paresh Rawal) and the police (Rami Reddy).
|Actor / Actress||Character|
|Paresh Rawal||Nayar (Mastan), a gangster|
|Rami Reddy||Inspector Yadav|
Bijon Das Gupta was the production designer for the film. Filming was done in Hyderabad, Nallamala forests, and Mudumalai National Park. Sridevi's acclaimed performance of an innocent girl stuck in a tight spot, won her awards. She also sang the soundtrack "Kingu La Kanipisthunnadu" which was shot in The Leela Mumbai.
|Film score by M. M. Keeravani|
|Producer||M. M. Keeravani|
|M. M. Keeravani chronology|
Music composed by M. M. Keeravani. All songs are blockbusters.
|1.||"Jaamu Raatiri"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||SP Balu, K. S. Chithra||4:59|
|2.||"Jumbaare"||Vennelakanti||Mano, K. S. Chithra||6:55|
|3.||"Ammayi Muddu"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||SP Balu, K. S. Chithra||5:37|
|4.||"Andanantha Etta"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||SP Balu, K. S. Chithra||5:18|
|5.||"Ko ante koti"||Sirivennela Sitaramasastri||SP Balu, Sridevi||5:25|
- Best Director - Ram Gopal Varma
- Best Actress - Sridevi
- Best Screenplay Writer - Ram Gopal Varma
- Best Cinematographer - S. Gopala Reddy
- "Kshana Kshanam (1991) - Movie Review, Story, Trailers, Videos, Photos, Wallpapers, Songs, Trivia, Movie Tickets".
- "Kshana Kshanam (Ram Gopal Varma) 1991 – Indiancine.ma". Indiancine.ma.
- "No Limit for Adventure, Situational Comedy and Action- Kshana Kshanam Part 3". Marapuraani Chitralu.
- Encyclopedia of Indian Cinema- Kshana Kshanam, Pg(503)-Professor of critical Studies-Paul Willemen-2014
- "telugu cinema - Good Films - Kshanakshanam - Venkatesh, Sridevi - Ram Gopal Varma - S Gopal Reddy - MM Keeravani". idlebrain.com.
- Rajadhyaksha, Ashish; Willemen, Paul (10 July 2014). "Encyclopedia of Indian Cinema". Routledge – via Google Books.
- "Edouard Waintrop on the New Indian Cinema : UP Front – India Today". India Today. 18 May 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2012.