This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Written like travel guide (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Goyang (Goyang-si; Korean pronunciation: [ko.jaŋ]) is a city in Gyeonggi Province in the north of South Korea. It is part of the Seoul Capital Area, making Goyang one of Seoul's satellite cities. It is one of the largest cities in the Seoul Capital Area, with a population of just over 1 million. Ilsan, a planned city, is located in the Ilsandong-gu and Ilsanseo-gu districts of Goyang. It also includes Deogyang-gu which is closer to Seoul.
|• Revised Romanization||Goyang-si|
Location in South Korea
|Administrative divisions||3 gu, 39 dong|
|• Total||267.29 km2 (103.20 sq mi)|
|• Density||4,014.6/km2 (10,398/sq mi)|
- Bukhansanseong Fortress
- Heungguksa Temple
- Seosamneung and Seooreung Royal Tombs, UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Haengju seowon (Confucial Academy)
- Ilsan Bamgasi Choga (Straw-roofed House)
- Goyang Aram Nuri Arts Center
- Goyang Oulim Nuri Arts Center
- Aerospace Museum
- Baedari Korean Traditional Wine Museum
- Theme Zoo Park "Zoo Zoo"
- Cultural Center and Museum of Latin America
- Nongshim Theme Park
- Hyundai Motor Studio Goyang
Entertainment and shopping
- MBC Dream Center
- SBS Broadcasting Center
- Western Dorm
- Lotte Department Store
- Hyundai Department Store
- New-Core Outlet
- Hwajeong Station
- Starfield Goyang
- Bukhan Mountain
- Jeongbal Mountain
- Go Bong Mountain
- Lake Park
- Goyang Sports Complex
- Haengjusanseong Fortress Sun Rise Festival
On New Year's Day each year, a splendid festival is thrown at Haengju Sanseong to welcome the New Year's Day sunrise.
Time: 5:00-9:00 AM on New Year's Day each year Place: The top of the mountain where Haengju Sanseong sits.
- The Great Battle of Haengju Festival
The event is held to commemorate an important victory in Korean history (14 March) at Haengju Sanseong. Elementary school kids and their parents from the neighborhood can watch memorial services for patriotic martyrs of the nation and learn about the history of Haengju Sanseong.
Time: 10 AM on 14 March each year Place: Chungjang Shrine at Haengju Sanseoeng
Floricultural industry sprang up in the early 1970s fostering flower culture in Korea. Goyang became one of the most famous cities for its floricultural industry and its flower show grew into a horticultural event representing Korea and a venue for trading among participants at home and from abroad.
-Time: early April each year -Place: Areas surrounding Ilsan Lake Park
- Goyang Lake Art Festival
The event is free-style arts festival held at various locations around the Lake Park. Imagination and wits of artists getting out of the constraints imposed by stages fill the streets with vigor and romantic mood. Various performing arts including jazz, mime, dance, drama and installation arts decking out the venue with colorful decorations to add glamour, passionate performance by famous theatrical companies from around the world and fancy fireworks all let the cheerful spectators enjoy the excitement thrown by the festival.
Time: October each year Place: locations around the Lake Park
The Asia League Ice Hockey team High1, which is based in Chuncheon, plays its home matches in Goyang, at the Goyang Ice Rink. The K3 League football team Goyang Citizen FC and the Korean Basketball League team Goyang Orion Orions are also based in the city.
Goyang is served by a bike sharing system called Fifteen (KR:피프틴) which stands at around 3,000.
High Speed Railways
Bus stops on Goyang Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)
- Daehwa Station
- Ilsanseo-gu office, Paik Hospital
- Ilsandong-gu office
- Daegok Station
- Haengsin dong
- Deogeun dong
Types of buses
- Yellow bus : connects nearby
- Green and Blue bus : connects cities
- Red Bus : express one, goes a wide area.
- M bus : more express one, goes a wide area, but not included in G bus and Seoul bus
- Hwajeong terminal : located in Deogyang-gu
- Goyang terminal : located in Ilsandong-gu
Notable people from GoyangEdit
- Do Kyung-soo – singer, actor and a member of Exo
- Empress Gi – empress of the Yuan dynasty
- Eunhyuk – singer and member of Super Junior
- Heo Young-ji – singer
- Lim Jae-beom – singer and leader of Got7
- Jang Mi-ran – weightlifter
- Junsu – singer
- Kang Min-hyuk – musician
- Kim Dasom – singer
- Kim Hyun-joo – actress
- Kwon Yu-ri – singer and member of Girls' Generation
- Lee Junho – singer
- Lee Jung-shin – musician
- Lee Sungmin – singer
- Qri – singer
- Song Ji-hyo – actress
- Yoon Doo-joon – singer
- Yuju – singer and member of GFriend
- Park Ye-eun – singer and former Wonder Girls member
- Kim Nam-joon – rapper and leader of BTS
- Yoo Ki-hyun - singer and member of Monsta X
- Maui, Hawaii, United States
- Heerhugowaard, Netherlands
- Qiqihar, Heilongjiang, People's Republic of China
- San Bernardino, California, United States
- Atibaia, São Paulo, Brazil
- "High1 Home Arena". www.alhockey.com. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- 국외 자매결연도시. Goyang City. Retrieved 7 September 2011.