Karikari playing for Hong Kong in 2013
|Date of birth||11 March 1985|
|Place of birth||Kumasi, Ghana|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 5 September 2020|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 10 October 2017
Godfred Karikari was born to an affluent family in Ghana. He was a fast runner in his youth and was invited to join the school's track and field team, but he chose to play football instead. He was introduced to Hong Kong football by his manager and has not returned to Ghana since. His family members, whom he visits when he is on holiday, live in the United States and the United Kingdom today.
Godfred moved to Happy Valley in January 2008. He scored 9 goals in the remainder of the season. Although the club decided to use a youth strategy for 2009-10 season, his contract was renewed. The club finished last of the 10 clubs in the season and Godfred left the club for TSW Pegasus.
Godfred joined Pegasus. On 11 September 2010, he scored 3 goals in TSW Pegasus' 5:1 victory over HKFC. On 1 April 2011, he scored another hat-trick against Tai Chung FC in a 7:1 win. In total, he scored 13 goals for TSW Pegasus in all local competitions in the 2010-11 season.
In the 2011-12 season, Godfred continued his good form by scoring 6 goals in 3 games, including a hat-trick against Sham Shui Po on 24 September 2011. Godfred was voted Most Valuable Player of Month in September 2011 by the Hong Kong Sports Press Association.
On 13 June 2012, Godfred moved to mainland China and signed a contract with Chinese Super League side Henan Jianye. He joined as a Hong Kong Chinese player and therefore not occupying any foreigners quotas of the club. He made his debut for Henan on 23 June, in a 0-0 away draw against Dalian Shide. His first goal for Henan came on 4 days later, which ensured Henan beat Chongqing Lifan 2–0 in the third round of 2012 Chinese FA Cup.
On 5 February 2020, Karikari signed with another HKPL club Kitchee. However, he failed to make any appearances during his spell at the club due to the spreading of Coronavirus which makes the HKPL being suspended from mid of March 2020.
Karikari left the club after his contract expired in July 2020.
Godfred has spent more than seven years playing football in Hong Kong. He received his Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card on 7 February 2011. His lack of a Hong Kong SAR passport meant he was unable to be registered as a Hong Kong player in the 2011 AFC Cup and was also unable to represent Hong Kong in international matches. Due to his late application, he didn't receive his passport to represent Hong Kong until November 2011. On 2 December, he was called up by caretaker Hong Kong coach Liu Chun Fai for the 2012 Guangdong-Hong Kong Cup squad. Godfred Karikari scored on his debut for Hong Kong in the 2012 Guangdong-Hong Kong Cup as the match ended 2-2.
Godfred has yet to obtain his Hong Kong passport, but is still being drafted into new head coach Ernie Merrick's 27-member training squad. "I was told the passport is ready and the only thing the Hong Kong Immigration Department needs is a confirmation letter from the Ghana government that I have given up my original nationality, normally, it can take some time, but I have written to the Ghana government, pressuring them to give me the papers as soon as possible. It's my dream to play for Hong Kong at international level. I hope the good news can come soon so that I can be part of the team."  On 11 April 2012, Hong Kong head coach Ernie Merrick confirmed that Godfred Karikari's nationality change has been approved and he can now represent Hong Kong. Merrick considers his addition to the team will be very helpful.
- As of 5 February 2020
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Continental||Total|
|Hong Kong||League||FA Cup & Shield||League Cup||Asia||Total|
|2002–03||Fukien||Hong Kong First Division||—|
|China PR||League||FA Cup||CSL Cup||Asia||Total|
|2012||Henan Jianye||Chinese Super League||9||0||2||1||—||—||11||1|
|2013||China League One||7||1||0||0||—||—||7||1|
|Hong Kong||League||FA Cup & Shield||Sapling Cup||Asia||Total|
|2017–18||R&F||Hong Kong Premier League||6||2||0||0||0||0||—||6||2|
- As of 15 October 2013
|28 December 2011||Hong Kong Stadium, So Kon Po, Hong Kong||Guangdong||2–2||1||2012 Guangdong-Hong Kong Cup|
|1 January 2012||Huizhou Olympic Stadium, Huizhou, China||Guangdong||0–0 (5–4 PSO)||0||2012 Guangdong-Hong Kong Cup|
|1||1 June 2012||Hong Kong Stadium, So Kon Po, Hong Kong||Singapore||1–0||0||Friendly|
|2||10 June 2012||Mong Kok Stadium, Mong Kok, Hong Kong||Vietnam||1–2||0||Friendly|
|6 September 2013||Thuwunna Stadium, Yangon, Myanmar||Myanmar||0–0||0||Friendly|
|3||10 September 2013||Mong Kok Stadium, Mong Kok, Hong Kong||Singapore||1–0||0||Friendly|
|4||15 October 2013||Hong Kong Stadium, Mong Kok, Hong Kong||United Arab Emirates||0–4||0||Friendly|
|5||15 November 2013||Mohammed Bin Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates||United Arab Emirates||0–4||0||2015 AFC Asian Cup qualification|
- As of 5 October 2017
|1||11 June 2015||Mong Kok Stadium, Hong Kong||Bhutan||7–0||7–0||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|2||8 September 2015||Mong Kok Stadium, Hong Kong||Qatar||2–3||2–3||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|3||6 October 2016||Olympic Stadium, Cambodia||Cambodia||1–0||2–0||Friendly|
|4||5 October 2017||Mong Kok Stadium, Hong Kong||Laos||3–0||4–0||Friendly|
- Henan Jianye
- Hong Kong
- (in Chinese)高梵心繫香港[permanent dead link] Ta Kung Pao. 李恆基. 28 December 2011.
- (in Chinese) 高梵連中三元 飛馬大破港會開齋 Wen Wei Po. 11 September 2010
- (in Chinese) 南華贏公民4強撼晨曦 Oriental Daily. 1 April 2011.
- 2010-11 Top Scorers www.hkfa.com Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- (in Chinese) 港甲天水圍飛馬4比0大勝深水埗 Commercial Radio Hong Kong. 24 September 2011.
- (in Chinese) 高梵當選體記協會 「9月最有價值球員」 Wen Wei Po. 31 October 2011.
- (in Chinese) 建业签香港籍锋将 原籍加纳完成二次转会首签 QQ.com. 13 June 2012.
- (in Chinese) 高梵轉戰中超 今投河南建業 Goal.com. 13 June 2012.
- (in Chinese) 高梵首秀徐洋击中横梁 大连实德0-0战平河南建业 Archived 29 June 2012 at the Wayback Machine Shangdu. 23 June 2012.
- (in Chinese) 足协杯-卡通戈高梵破门 河南建业2-0力帆将战恒大 Sina. 27 June 2012.
- (in Chinese) 红钻签下了五名内援 Sina. 1 March 2014.
- (in Chinese) 八喜最后一名新外援亮相 高梵展示33号战袍(图) Archived 4 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine Sohu. 29 July 2014.
- (in Chinese) 中甲浪人高梵又轉會 Apple Daily. 6 January 2016.
- "专访高梵：来R&F富力就像回家，想念中超中甲". Sohu. Retrieved 26 January 2018. (in Chinese)
- Tsang, Ngan Ping. "富力來季班費5,000萬楊正光：組軍已完成得八八九九". Apple Daily. Retrieved 19 June 2019. (in Chinese)
- Gao, Si Kei. "傑志簽34歲高梵 港人入境台灣需隔離 亞協再現變數". HK01. Retrieved 5 February 2020. (in Chinese)
- "疑違球會防疫指引 傑志助教盧比度離隊". Apple Daily. Retrieved 8 September 2020. (in Chinese)
- (in Chinese) 足球 科夫高梵領港身份證 Apple Daily. 8 February 2011
- (in Chinese) 高梵錯過為港出戰龍騰盃 Archived 2 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine Hong Kong Daily News. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- (in Chinese) 麥基、高梵被召踢省港盃 Apple Daily. 2 December 2011.
- (in Chinese) 鄭少偉高梵各入一球 港隊和波唔抵！ Apple Daily. 29 December 2011.
- Karikari just waiting on passport to play South China Morning Post. SOCCER. Chan Kin-wa. 3 February 2012.
- (in Chinese)高梵可代表港足踢國際賽 Wen Wei Po. 12 April 2012.
- "中甲30轮积分榜：建业毅腾携手冲超 贵州重足降级". sports.sina.com.cn. 2 November 2013. Retrieved 5 August 2019.