Gemini (pronunciation: // JEM-in-eye (♊) is the third astrological sign in the zodiac, originating from the constellation of Gemini. It is a positive mutable sign. Under the tropical zodiac, the sun transits this sign between about May 21 and June 21. Gemini is represented by the twins Castor and Pollux, known as the Dioscuri.
|Duration (tropical, western)||May 21 – June 21 (2019, UT1)|
This section may be too technical for most readers to understand. Please help improve it to make it understandable to non-experts, without removing the technical details. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Taking from the twins that represent it, Gemini is considered one of the most important of the zodiacs since it captures someone’s most basic levels.[further explanation needed] For instance, it articulates their dual nature, a specie with lower self and higher self[further explanation needed] as well as the way they are bilaterally symmetrical.[further explanation needed] Gemini is also considered the most adaptable sign[further explanation needed] of the zodiac owing to the so-called mutable energy[further explanation needed] that allow individuals within this sign the capability to view life from different angles.[further explanation needed]
- Astronomical Applications Department (2011). Multiyear Computer Interactive Almanac. 2.2.2. Washington DC: US Naval Observatory. Longitude of Sun, apparent geocentric ecliptic of date, interpolated to find time of crossing 0°, 30°....
- Atsma, Aaron J. (c. 2015). "DIOSCURI : Greek Gods of Horsemanship, Protectors of Sailors | Mythology, Dioskouroi, w/ pictures". Theoi. Retrieved September 23, 2016.
- Baker, Douglas M. (April 26, 2016). Gemini - The Key to Your Inner Self. Claregate Ltd. ISBN 9781910228142.
- "English Oxford Living Dictionary". Oxford University Press. 2018.
- Tierney, Bil (2001). All Around the Zodiac: Exploring Astrology's Twelve Signs. St. Paul, Minnesota: Llewellyn Worldwide. p. 81. ISBN 0738701114.
- Unicode Consortium (2015). "Unicode 8.0 Character Code Charts" (PDF). Retrieved April 21, 2016.
|Look up Gemini#English or Gemini in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gemini (astrology).|