The "Gateway Cities Council of Governments" (GCOG) is located in the city of Paramount.
Cities in the Gateway RegionEdit
Most area residents identify with the city of Los Angeles due to its proximity, despite living in independent municipalities. The following cities are members of the Gateway Cities Council of Governments:
Also members of the Gateway Cities Council of Governments:
Cities also parts of other LA County regionsEdit
There are overlapping boundaries and definitions for the Gateway Cities Region and other regions in the south and east county area, including: South Los Angeles (on north), Los Angeles Harbor Region (within south GC), East Los Angeles Region, South Bay Region (on west), and the San Gabriel Valley (on northeast).
San Gabriel Valley Region:
- Pico Rivera
South Los Angeles Region:
- Long Beach
- Hawaiian Gardens
- Signal Hill
South Bay Region
- Carson — though within Gateway Cities, usually associated with South Bay Region.
- Biola University, in La Mirada
- California State University, Los Angeles
- California State University, Long Beach
- California State University, Dominguez Hills in Carson
- Southern California University of Health Sciences in Whittier
- Whittier College
- Keck School of Medicine of USC