The Gateway Cities Region, or Southeast Los Angeles County is an urban and suburban region located in southeastern Los Angeles County, Southern California between the City of Los Angeles, Orange County, and the Pacific Ocean. It is part of the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA).
The "Gateway Cities Council of Governments" (GCOG) is located in the city of Paramount.
Cities in the Gateway RegionEdit
Area residents identify as being part of urban Los Angeles, despite living in independent municipalities. The following cities are members of the Gateway Cities Council of Governments:
Also members of the Gateway Cities Council of Governments:
Cities also part of other LA County regionsEdit
Many cities of Southeast LA County share geographic identity with other parts of LA County, including: South Los Angeles (on north), Los Angeles Harbor Region (within south GC), East Los Angeles Region, South Bay Region (on west), and the San Gabriel Valley (on northeast).
San Gabriel Valley Region:
- Pico Rivera
- Huntington Park
South Los Angeles Region:
- Long Beach
- Hawaiian Gardens
- Signal Hill
South Bay Region
- Carson — though within Gateway Cities, usually associated with South Bay Region.
- Biola University, in La Mirada
- California State University, Los Angeles
- California State University, Long Beach
- California State University, Dominguez Hills in Carson
- Southern California University of Health Sciences in Whittier
- Whittier College
- Keck School of Medicine of USC