Gaël Fickou (born 26 March 1994) is a French rugby union player who plays for French club Stade Français. His usual position is in the Centre. Fickou made his Heineken Cup debut on 14 October 2012, scoring the only try of the game in a win against Leicester Tigers. His lithe movement, balance and pace for his size has seen him compared to English rugby legend Jeremy Guscott. He made his French international debut at the age of 18 against Scotland on 16 March 2013 in the RBS 6 Nations.
|Birth name||Gaël Fickou|
|Date of birth||26 March 1994|
|Place of birth||La Seyne-sur-Mer, France|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||100 kg (15 st 10 lb; 220 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
Gaël Fickou scored his first try for France against the Auckland Blues on the summer 2013 tour to New Zealand
According to Toulouse and France teammate, Maxime Médard, Fickou "is one of the 10 best centres in the world and soon he will be number one. He reminds me of Sonny Bill Williams: tall, athletic, technical, with a good hand-off and a feel for the game. He has everything."
- Kitson, Robert (16 October 2012). "Toulouse's Gaël Fickou looks ready to be rugby's next global superstar". The Guardian. Retrieved 3 November 2012.
- Six Nations 2014: France eagerly await another burst of speed from zero-to-hero Gaël Fickou, by Hugh Godwin, The Independent, dated 9 February 2014.
- France centre Gael Fickou joins Stade Francais, uncredited author, "Sky Sports", dated 29 May 2018.
- "Fickou : « Je sais que j'ai de la chance »" (in French). FFR. 17 March 2017. Retrieved 12 February 2019.
- "Nuit du Rugby : Gaël Fickou élu révélation la saison 2012-2013 - Vidéo - Africa Top Sports". 21 October 2013.