Fordon, East Riding of Yorkshire
Fordon is a village in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England, near the border with North Yorkshire. It is situated approximately 8 miles (13 km) south of Scarborough and 10 miles (16 km) north-west of Bridlington.
The name Fordon is thought to mean 'In front of the hill'
- Historic England. "Church of St James (1162675)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Smith, A.H. (1937). The Place-Names of The East Riding of Yorkshire and York. Cambridge University Press.
- Baines, Edward (1823): History, Directory and Gazetteer of the County of York, p. 207
- Gazetteer — A–Z of Towns Villages and Hamlets. East Riding of Yorkshire Council. 2006. p. 5.
- Media related to Fordon at Wikimedia Commons
- Historic England. "St James' Church (1162675)". National Heritage List for England.
- Fordon in the Domesday Book
|This East Riding of Yorkshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|