|Directed by||Carlos Saldanha|
|Produced by||Paul Feig
|Based on||The Story of Ferdinand
by Munro Leaf
|Music by||John Powell|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
Ferdinand (also known as The Story of Ferdinand) is an upcoming American 3D computer animated comedy film produced by Blue Sky Studios and 20th Century Fox Animation, based on the children's book The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf. The film is directed by Carlos Saldanha, and it stars the voice by Gabriel Iglesias. It is scheduled to be released on December 15, 2017 by 20th Century Fox.
In 2011, it was reported that 20th Century Fox Animation had acquired the rights to the children's book The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf to adapt it into a computer-animated feature film with Carlos Saldanha attached to direct it. In May 2013, Fox titled the film simply Ferdinand, which would be produced by Blue Sky Studios. John Powell, a frequent collaborator with Saldanha, would be composing the film's score. In November 2016, it was reported that Gabriel Iglesias would voice a character named Cuatro.
In May 2013, Fox scheduled the film for April 7, 2017 release. In February 2016, the release date had been pushed back to July 21, 2017. In August 2016, the release date had been pushed back again to December 22, 2017, taking over The Croods 2's release date, before that movie was cancelled. In February 2017, the film was moved up to December 15, 2017, opening against Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi.
- Ferdinand the Bull (film), a 1938 Disney animated short also based on the book
- "Film releases". Variety Insight. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (February 9, 2017). "Blue Sky's Bull Toon 'Ferdinand' To Lock Horns With 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'". Deadline. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- Busch, Anita (November 17, 2016). "Gabriel Iglesias Joins 'Ferdinand' & 'Smurfs' Voice Casts As He Readies Comedy Tour". Deadline. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- Brodesser-Akner, Claude (February 18, 2011). "Fox, Ice Age Director Bullish on The Story of Ferdinand". New York. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- Chitwood, Adam (May 16, 2013). "DreamWorks Animation Moves B.O.O. Release Up to June 5, 2015 and TROLLS to November 4, 2016; Fox Dates ANUBIS and FERDINAND". Collider.com. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- "John Powell to Score Blue Sky Studios' 'Ferdinand'". Film Music Reporter. September 14, 2016. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- "Gambit, Alien, Predator and Fox / Marvel Release Updates". ComingSoon.net. February 28, 2016. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- McClintock, Pamela (August 9, 2016). "'Croods 2' Release Delayed Amid DreamWorks Animation Sale". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- Rainey, James (November 11, 2016). "DreamWorks Animation and Universal Kill 'Croods 2' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved January 28, 2017.