Etzaz Hussain (born 27 January 1993) is a Norwegian footballer who plays as a midfielder for Eliteserien club Molde FK. Born in Oslo, he played for nearby Langhus as a youth player, before moving to Manchester United in 2009. After two years in England, he returned to Norway with Vålerenga, but shortly after moved to Fredrikstad, where he made his professional debut. Hussain transferred to Molde in mid-2012 and won the Tippeligaen in his first season at the club.
Hussain with Molde in 2018
|Full name||Etzaz Muzafar Hussain|
|Date of birth||27 January 1993|
|Place of birth||Oslo, Norway|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|2017||→ Odd (loan)||11||(3)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22 June 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 15 October 2013
Hussain is of Pakistani descent, but was born in Oslo, and played for Langhus in his early days, before he transferred to Manchester United on 21 February 2009, and signed a professional contract with United on his 17th birthday. Even though Hussain only stayed in England for two years, and did not get any chances for the first team, he said to the Norwegian newspaper VG in February 2012 that "it was an experience for life" and would advice other Norwegian youngster to grab the opportunity if they had the chance. In January 2011 he returned home to Norway, and signed for the Tippeligaen club Vålerenga.
Less than three months later, Hussain signed for Fredrikstad, also a Tippeligaen club, after some disagreements between Vålerenga and Hussain on the way forward. On 14 August 2011, Hussain sent Fredrikstad to the semi-final of 2011 Norwegian Football Cup with the match-winning goal with only a couple of minutes left of the overtime, at the expense of Molde now managed by his former boss at the Manchester United reserves, Ole Gunnar Solskjær. On 31 October 2011, Hussain scored his second goal in two matches, with the match winning goal against Vålerenga, the club that believed he wasn't good enough for Tippeligaen.
On 7 January 2016, Hussain signed a 2.5-year contract with Turkish Süper Lig side Sivasspor. With the Sivasspor, Hussein was unable to avoid the relegation of the club to the second Turkish division. Following relegation, his contract at Sivasspor was terminated in mutual agreement on 4 July 2016.
Etzaz Hussain played on youth level for Norway. As he has never appeared for Norway in a competitive match, he remains potentially eligible the represent Pakistan.
- As of match played 22 June 2019
|Rudeš||2016–17||FavBet Druga liga||3||0||1||0||—||—||4||0|
- Sarwar, Shazia (3 October 2010). "Årets vinnere av Blendprisen". Blend (in Norwegian).
- "Norsk 16-åring klar for United". dagbladet.no (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. 27 January 2009. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "Hussain skrev proffkontrakt med Man. United". dagbladet.no (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. 27 January 2010. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "Slik gikk det med 2009-talentene som dro utenlands". vg.no (in Norwegian). Verdens Gang. 13 February 2012. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "Etzaz Hussain fra United til Vålerenga". tv2.no (in Norwegian). TV 2. 18 January 2011. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "Etzaz Hussain klar for FFK". fredrikstadfk.no (in Norwegian). Fredrikstad FK. 17 March 2011. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "Her har FFK-talentet senket "sine egne"". vg.no (in Norwegian). Verdens Gang. 31 October 2011. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "Solskjærs læregutt sendte Molde ut av cupen". rbnett.no (in Norwegian). Romsdals Budstikke. 14 August 2011. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "Kastet ut, senket VIF". aftenposten.no (in Norwegian). Aftenposten. 31 October 2011. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "Fredrikstad selger Etzaz Hussain til Molde" (in Norwegian). tv2.no. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Etzaz Hussain Medicana Sivasspor´da". www.sivasspor.org.tr (in Turkish). Sivasspor. 7 January 2016. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- Etzaz Hussain at the Turkish Football Federation
- NEVJEROJATNA VIJEST IZ ZAGREBAČKOG PREDGRAĐA Nakon Igora Bišćana, u mali Rudeš stiže igrač Manchester Uniteda koji je maestralno zabio Dinamu! at Jutarnji List
- "ETZAZ BACK IN MOLDE FK". moldefk.no. Molde FK. 28 February 2017. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "Etzaz Hussain". nifs.no (in Norwegian). A-pressen. Retrieved 17 March 2013.