El Salvador at the 2012 Summer Olympics
|El Salvador at the|
2012 Summer Olympics
|NOC||El Salvador Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||10 in 7 sports|
Evelyn García (opening)|
Melissa Mikec (closing)
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
Comité Olímpico de El Salvador sent a total of 10 athletes to the Games, 5 men and 5 women, to compete in 7 sports. Rifle shooter Melissa Mikec, wife of Serbian athlete Damir Mikec, was able to compete for her nation's team, despite having a dual citizenship with her husband's homeland. Road cyclist Evelyn García, who was at her third Olympic Games, reprised her role as El Salvador's flag bearer at the opening ceremony, the first being done in 2004. El Salvador, however, has yet to win its first Olympic medal.
Comité Olímpico de El Salvador selected a team of 10 athletes, 5 men and 5 women, to compete in 7 sports. Road cyclist Evelyn García, at age 29, was the oldest athlete of the team, while rower Roberto López was the youngest at age 18.
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
|Emerson Esnal Hernández||50 km walk||3:53:57 NR||27|
|Nataly Landaverde||1500 m||4:18.26 NR||15||Did not advance|
|Athlete||Event||Round of 64||Round of 32||Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Repechage||Final / BM|
|Carlos Figueroa||Men's −66 kg|| Mehmedovic (CAN)
|Did not advance|
El Salvador qualified the following boats:
|Roberto López||Single sculls||7:23.75||4 R||7:27.75||5 SE/F||Bye||7:57.89||3 FE||7:41.32||29|
|Camila Vargas Palomo||Single sculls||8:01:60||5 R||7:53:38||1 QF||8:07:67||6 SC/D||7:57.22||3 FC||8:19.75||16|
Qualification Legend: FA=Final A (medal); FB=Final B (non-medal); FC=Final C (non-medal); FD=Final D (non-medal); FE=Final E (non-medal); FF=Final F (non-medal); SA/B=Semifinals A/B; SC/D=Semifinals C/D; SE/F=Semifinals E/F; QF=Quarterfinals; R=Repechage
|Melissa Mikec||10 m air rifle||392||39||Did not advance|
|50 m rifle 3 positions||560||45||Did not advance|
|Rafael Alfaro||400 m individual medley||4:35.80||35||Did not advance|
|Pamela Benítez||800 m freestyle||9:02.66||33||Did not advance|
Qualifiers for the latter rounds (Q) of all events were decided on a time only basis, therefore positions shown are overall results versus competitors in all heats.
El Salvador qualified the following athletes:
|Athlete||Event||Snatch||Clean & Jerk||Total||Rank|
|Julio Salamanca||Men's −62 kg||110||12||150||11||260||11|
- "La salvadoreña Melissa Mikec, a Londres-2012, desde Serbia con amor" [Salvadoran Melissa Mikec, London 2012, from Serbia with love] (in Spanish). Terra. 24 July 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "El Salvador at the 2012 London Summer Games." Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved on 16 March 2014.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- IAAF Games of the XXX Olympiad – London 2012 ENTRY STANDARDS (PDF), IAAF, archived from the original (PDF) on 28 April 2011, retrieved 4 June 2011