Weightlifting at the 2012 Summer Olympics
Weightlifting competitions at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London were held from 28 July to 7 August in the ExCeL venue. Fifteen gold medals were awarded and 260 athletes took part (156 men and 104 women).
at the Games of the XXX Olympiad
|Dates||28 July - 7 August 2012|
15 sets of medals were awarded in the following events:
The results of the 2012 Olympic weightlifting competition have been significantly revised after evidence of doping was uncovered through retests of samples from these Games that were undertaken in 2016: 16 lifters (13 medallists, and three further lifters who would have inherited forfeited medals) have tested positive for a variety of prohibited substances following these retests. Below are the results listed by the International Weightlifting Federation.
|Eko Yuli Irawan
- Men's 85 kg Original silver medalist Apti Aukhadov of Russia was stripped by the IOC of his medal and result following a positive anti-doping test of his 2012 sample.
- Men's 94 kg Ilya Ilyin of Kazakhstan, Aleksandr Ivanov of Russia, and Anatolie Cîrîcu of Moldova originally won the gold, silver, and bronze medals, respectively, but were all disqualified after testing positive for banned substances. Fourth-placed Andrey Demanov of Russia, six-placed Intigam Zairov of Azerbaijan and seventh-placed Almas Uteshov of Kazakhstan were also disqualified.
- Women's 53 kg Zulfiya Chinshanlo of Kazakhstan and Cristina Iovu of Moldova originally won the gold and bronze medals, respectively, but were both disqualified after testing positive for banned substances.
- Women's 58 kg Original bronze medalist Yuliya Kalina of Ukraine was stripped by the IOC of her medal and result following a positive anti-doping test of her 2012 sample.
- Women's 63 kg Original gold medalist Maiya Maneza of Kazakhstan was stripped by the IOC of her medal and result following a positive anti-doping test of her 2012 sample. Fourth-placed Sibel Şimşek of Turkey was also disqualified. On 5 April 2017 original silver medalist Svetlana Tsarukayeva was also disqualified due to use of doping.
- Women's 69 kg Original bronze medalist Maryna Shkermankova of Belarus was stripped by the IOC of her medal and result following a positive anti-doping test of her 2012 sample. Fourth-placed Dzina Sazanavets of Belarus also failed retests.
- Women's 75 kg Svetlana Podobedova of Kazakhstan, Natalia Zabolotnaya of Russia, and Iryna Kulesha of Belarus originally won the gold, silver, and bronze medals, respectively, but were all disqualified after testing positive for banned substances.
- Women's +75 kg Original bronze medalist Hripsime Khurshudyan of Armenia was stripped by the IOC of her medal and result following a positive anti-doping test of her 2012 sample.
Olympic and world records brokenEdit
|Olympics – Women's 53 kg||29 July||Clean and jerk||Zulfiya Chinshanlo||Kazakhstan||131 kg||WR||2|
|Olympics – Women's 53 kg||29 July||Total||Zulfiya Chinshanlo||Kazakhstan||226 kg||OR||2|
|Olympics – Women's 58 kg||30 July||Snatch||Li Xueying||China||108 kg||OR||3|
|Olympics – Women's 58 kg||30 July||Total||Li Xueying||China||246 kg||OR||3|
|Olympics – Women's 63 kg||31 July||Total||Maiya Maneza||Kazakhstan||245 kg||OR||4|
|Olympics – Women's 75 kg||3 August||Snatch||Natalia Zabolotnaya||Russia||131 kg||OR||7|
|Olympics – Women's 75 kg||3 August||Clean & Jerk||Svetlana Podobedova||Kazakhstan||161 kg||OR||7|
|Olympics – Women's 75 kg||3 August||Total||Natalia Zabolotnaya||Russia||291 kg||OR||7|
|Olympics – Women's +75 kg||5 August||Snatch||Tatiana Kashirina||Russia||151 kg||WR||9|
|Olympics – Women's +75 kg||5 August||Clean & Jerk||Zhou Lulu||China||187 kg||OR||9|
|Olympics – Women's +75 kg||5 August||Total||Zhou Lulu||China||333 kg||WR||9|
|Olympics – Men's 56 kg||29 July||Clean and jerk||Om Yun-Chol||North Korea||168 kg||OR||2|
|Olympics – Men's 62 kg||30 July||Snatch||Kim Un-Guk||North Korea||153 kg||OR||3|
|Olympics – Men's 62 kg||30 July||Total||Kim Un-Guk||North Korea||327 kg||WR||3|
|Olympics – Men's 62 kg||30 July||Clean and jerk||Óscar Figueroa||Colombia||177 kg||OR||3|
|Olympics – Men's 77 kg||1 August||Snatch||Lü Xiaojun||China||175 kg||WR||5|
|Olympics – Men's 77 kg||1 August||Total||Lü Xiaojun||China||379 kg||WR||5|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Weightlifting at the 2012 Summer Olympics.|
- "Weightlifting". London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Retrieved 2011-05-31.
- IOC sanctions two athletes for failing anti-doping test at London 2012
- IOC sanctions seven athletes for failing anti-doping tests at Beijing 2008 and London 2012
- IOC sanctions 12 athletes for failing anti-doping test at London 2012
- IOC sanctions eight athletes for failing anti-doping test at Beijing 2008 and London 2012
- IOC sanctions eight athletes for failing anti-doping test at London 2012
- "IOC sanctions Ukrainian weightlifter Yulia Kalina for failing anti-doping test at London 2012". IOC. 13 July 2016.
- "Ten weightlifters, including great Ilya Ilyin, return positive tests from London 2012". Sky Sports. 15 June 2016.