Valentin Hristov (weightlifter, born 1994)
Valentin Hristov (birth name Bulgarian: Валентин Христов, born 30 March 1994) is a Bulgarian naturalized Azerbaijani weightlifter. He won a bronze medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics, which was Azerbaijan's first-ever Olympic medal in this discipline.
|Nationality||Bulgarian / Azerbaijani|
30 March 1994|
|Height||1.56 m (5 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||62 kg (137 lb)|
|Coached by||Zlatan Vanev|
As a result of a positive drug test for Dehydromethyltestosterone (turinabol), he was disqualified from the 2013 European Championships and has received a two-year ban starting from the 9th of April 2013 till the 9th of April 2015. Four other athletes from the Azerbaijani team also tested positive and as a result the federation has been forced to pay a fine of $500,000.
- "Chinas Gewichtheber geben bei WM-Auftakt Ton an". ftd.de. 2011-11-05. Archived from the original on 2012-08-04. Retrieved 2011-11-05.
- Ilham Aliyev: 'Well-Done, Hristov..!'. Azerisport.com. 30 July 2012.
- Българинът Валентин Христов спечели медал на Олимпиадата, но за Азербайджан. sporta.bg. 29 July 2012.
- Азербайджан – България 1:0 с автогол, но така се налага. dnevnik.bg. 30 July 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-04-07. Retrieved 2013-10-02.