|Founded||18 July 2017|
|Commenced operations||20 July 2017|
|Destinations||same as easyJet|
|Key people||Thomas Haagensen (Managing Director)|
The airline was established on 18 July 2017 and started operations on 20 July 2017, with the first flight being an Airbus A320 (re-registered as OE-IVA, previously G-EZPA) flying from London Luton Airport to Vienna Airport. The airline was established following the UK referendum vote to leave the European Union and the airline's decision to obtain an Air Operator's Certificate (AOC) in another EU member state in order to continue operating flights across and within European countries after the UK leaves the EU.
Many aircraft currently registered to easyJet UK will be reregistered to easyJet Europe, and those staff employed by easyJet UK but based elsewhere in the European Union will be transferred to easyJet Europe. easyJet has announced that it is planning to re-register 110 aircraft to fly under the new AOC of easyJet Europe by March 2019.
easyJet is thus a pan-European airline group with three airlines based in the UK, Austria and Switzerland (easyJet UK, easyJet Europe, and easyJet Switzerland), all owned or part-owned by easyJet plc, based in the UK and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
On 30 March 2019, flights became operated by easyJet Europe under their own flight numbers and callsign.
easyJet Europe operates in conjunction with the other easyGroup airlines.
- "Airline and Airport Code Search". IATA. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "JO 7340.2H – Contractions" (PDF). FAA. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "easyJet opens its second Berlin base". anna.aero. 10 January 2018. Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- careers.easyjet.com – Where We Are / OUR UK AND EUROPEAN BASES retrieved 27 February 2017
- "EasyJet set to operate first flight under new AOC". Flightglobal. 20 July 2017. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- "easyJet to launch new airline to continue operations in Europe after Brexit". aerospace-technology.com. 18 July 2017. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- "update on European AOC". Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- "r/flightsim – Easyjet Europe (ICAO: EJU) is now "Alpine"". reddit. Retrieved 30 June 2019.
- "Global Airline Guide 2019 (Part One)". Airliner World: 5. October 2019.
- "Austro Control". Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- "easyJet Europe Fleet Details and History". Planespotters.net. Retrieved 10 November 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to EasyJet Europe.|