Dobruška (Czech pronunciation: [ˈdobruʃka]; German: Gutenfeld) is a town in the Hradec Králové Region of the Czech Republic. It has about 6,700 inhabitants. It is situated in the Orlické hory valley, about 140 km east of Prague. The Zlatý Brook flows through the town. The centre of the town is historically significant and is protected by law as Urban monument zone.
Marian column at the town square
|District||Rychnov nad Kněžnou|
|• Mayor||Petr Lžíčař|
|• Total||34.43 km2 (13.29 sq mi)|
|Elevation||287 m (942 ft)|
|• Density||200/km2 (510/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Formerly known as a Market Community Lešno, the first written mention of the place comes from a 1320 document. The town obtained the right of beer-brewing prior to this 1320 document. In the 14th century it became known as Dobruška, a seat of Church administration. In 1495, with arrival of Noble Family of Trčka of Lípa, the town started to develop. The centre of the town gained its present appearance in Neo-Gothic style after a large fire broke out on October 7, 1866, which was painted by Alois Beer (1833–1897).
The town of Dobruška is known mainly because of the Czech patriotic writer František Ladislav Hek, whose career was described in Alois Jirásek's novel entitled F. L. Věk (there is organized The International Music Festival of F. L. Vek).
- Renaissance town hall
- The Jewish synagogue
- Mikve, the Jewish ritual purgatory bath in the town museum
- Parental house of F. L. Věk
- House nr. 17 at the square in Dobruška
- The Holy Spirit Church built in Renaissance style
- Old Czech brewery Dobruška
Twin towns – sister citiesEdit
- "Population of Municipalities – 1 January 2020". Czech Statistical Office. 2020-04-30.
- "Region of Hradec Králové". Dobruška. Infoglobe.cz. 10 October 2007. Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- Jerry John, Henry (2009). Graphic Art of Czechoslovakia, Bibliolife, p. 11. ISBN 0-554-40065-0
- "Partnerská města" (in Czech). Město Dobruška. Retrieved 2020-09-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dobruška.|
- Official website (in Czech)
- Dobruška town square webcam
- The International Music Festival of F. L. Věk in Dobruška
- Virtual show
|This Hradec Králové Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|