Diederrick Joel Tagueu
|Full name||Diederrick Joel Tagueu Tadjo|
|Date of birth||6 December 1993|
|Place of birth||Nkongsamba, Cameroon|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2014||→ Coritiba (loan)||20||(8)|
|2016||→ Santos (loan)||16||(2)|
|2017||→ Botafogo (loan)||3||(0)|
|2017||→ Avaí (loan)||21||(3)|
|2018–2019||→ Marítimo (loan)||45||(17)|
|2020–||→ Marítimo (loan)||0||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 4 December 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 28 October 2019
Born in Nkongsamba, Joel moved to Brazil in September 2009, joining Iraty's youth setup. In March 2011 he moved to neighbouring Londrina (which also had the same owner, Sérgio Malucelli), and was promoted to the first-team in 2012, after impressing in the youth squads.
Joel made his first-team debut on 28 March 2012, coming on as a late substitute in a 0–1 away loss against Coritiba, for the Campeonato Paranaense championship. He scored his first goal four days later, netting his side's only in a 1–1 home draw against Toledo Colônia Work.
In the 2014 season, Joel played an important role in Londrina's Paranaense winning campaign, and also scored regularly for the side in Série D. On 31 July 2014 he scored a brace in a 2–1 home success against Santos, for the campaign's Copa do Brasil.
On 4 September 2014 Joel was loaned to Coritiba for the remainder of the season, being subsequently negotiated with a German unnamed team. He made his Série A debut three days later, again from the bench in a 0–0 away draw against Bahia.
Joel scored his first goal in the Brazilian top flight on 10 September, netting the last of a 3–0 home success against Chapecoense. Seven days later he scored a brace in a 3–1 home win against São Paulo, but fell into a hole into the locker room tunnel after going out to celebrate the last goal.
On 16 December 2014 Joel moved to fellow league team Cruzeiro, for a R$2.5 million fee. He made his debut for the club on 1 February of the following year, scoring the winner in an away success over Democrata-GV.
On 11 January 2016 Joel was loaned to fellow league team Santos, for one year. He made his debut for the club on 30 January, coming on as a second-half substitute in a 1–1 Campeonato Paulista home draw against São Bernardo.
In June 2019 he suffered a heart problem.
- As of 4 December 2019.
|Coritiba (loan)||2014||Série A||20||8||—||—||—||20||8|
|Santos (loan)||2016||Série A||16||2||7||2||—||12[d]||3||35||7|
|Marítimo (loan)||2017–18||Primeira Liga||15||9||—||—||—||15||9|
- Scores and results list Cameroon's goal tally first.
|1.||9 June 2019||Estadio Cerro del Espino, Majadahonda, Spain||Zambia||2–0||2–1||Friendly|
- Campeonato Paranaense: 2014
- "Joel deixa Tubarão e acaba negociado com o Coritiba" [Joel leaves Tubarão and ends up being negotiated with Coritiba] (in Portuguese). Paiquerê FM. 2 September 2014.
- "Camaronês que jogou no Iraty reforça o Coritiba" [Cameroonian who played at Iraty bolsters Coritiba] (in Portuguese). Rádio Najuá. 2 September 2014.
- "Coritiba quebra série invicta do Londrina e segue vivo no returno do Paranaense" [Coritiba stops Londrina's winning run and keeps themselves alive in Paranaense] (in Portuguese). UOL Esporte. 28 March 2012.
- "Londrina tropeça em casa no Toledo e perde a liderança" [Londrina slips against Toledo at home and loses leadership] (in Portuguese). Futebol Paranaense. 1 April 2012.
- "Com 12 Meninos da Vila, time B do Santos perde para o Londrina na Copa BR" [With 12 Meninos da Vila, Santos' B-team loses to Londrina in Copa BR] (in Portuguese). UOL Esporte. 31 July 2014.
- "Coritiba confirma Joel" [Coritiba confirms Joel] (in Portuguese). Coritiba's official website. 4 September 2014.
- "Joel se despede e SM apresenta novo atacante na quinta-feira" [Joel says goodbye and SM presents new forward on thursday] (in Portuguese). Jornal de Londrina. 2 September 2014.
- "Sem público e com pouco futebol, Bahia e Coritiba empatam por 0 a 0" [Without supporters and with low football, Bahia and Coritiba draw 0–0] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 7 September 2014.
- "Com gol-relâmpago e bom futebol, Coritiba vence a Chapecoense: 3 a 0" [With flash goal and good football, Coritiba defeats Chapecoense: 3–0] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 10 September 2014.
- "Joel dá a vitória para o Coritiba e cai no buraco do túnel: "Paguei mico"" [Joel gives victory to Coritiba and fells in the tunnel's hole: "I’ve made a fool of myself"] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 17 September 2014.
- "Cruzeiro oficializa contratação do atacante camaronês Joel, ex-Coritiba" [Cruzeiro turns official the signing of Cameroonian Joel, former Coritiba player] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 16 December 2014.
- "Cruzeiro confirma que vai adquirir atacante Joel em definitivo" [Cruzeiro confirms that it will acquire forward Joel definitely] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 8 May 2015. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "Cruzeiro supera calor, gramado ruim e o Democrata-GV em vitória fora de casa" [Cruzeiro overcomes heat, poor field and Democrata-GV in an away victory] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 1 February 2015. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "Maior de Minas acerta o empréstimo de Joel para o Santos por um ano" [Biggest of Minas completes the loan of Joel to Santos for one year] (in Portuguese). Cruzeiro EC. 11 January 2016. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "Santos joga mal, irrita torcida na Vila, mas busca o empate contra o São Bernardo" [Santos plays poorly, irritates crowd at Vila, but pursues a draw against São Bernardo] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 30 January 2016. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Bota anuncia atacante Joel, ex-Santos e Cruzeiro" [Bota announce forward Joel, formerly of Santos and Cruzeiro] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 19 January 2017. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- "Joel assina com o Avaí" [Joel signs with Avaí] (in Portuguese). Avaí Futebol Clube Official Site. 20 June 2017. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "Marítimo apresenta avançado" [Marítimo hires forward] (in Portuguese). zerozero.pt. 8 January 2018. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Africa Cup of Nations: Cameroon will not replace Tagueu after heart problem". 25 June 2019 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Após superar problema de coração, camaronês Joel volta ao Cruzeiro". Lance!. Retrieved 13 October 2019.
- Piu, Guilherme. "Após suspender carreira por problemas no coração, Joel volta a treinar no Cruzeiro". Hoje em Dia. Retrieved 13 October 2019.
- "Cameroon's Joel Tagueu hails a 'victory' as he plays again after heart troubles". 25 October 2019 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Africa Cup of Nations 2019: Cameroon's Joel Tagueu ruled out of tournament with heart defect". BBC Sport. 24 June 2019. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
- "Joel". Soccerway. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
- "Diederrick Joel Tagueu". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 16 June 2019.