Lado photographed at the red carpet of Festival de Cannes
|Alma mater||University of London|
Diana Lado is an independent film actress that has appeared in award winning films including the Academy Award winner Spike Jonze's 2018 Chocolate Film Festival official selection film "It's a Skater", where she played the lead role of Angela Jacob. She is also known in the United States for her role of Mercedes in the North American prime time TV series "Una Palabra". Lado's stage debut was in the 2017 award winning Hollywood theater production about the life of Frida Kahlo where she played the principal role of Frida's lover, Cuban spy Teresa Proenza, as well as Italian artist Tina Modotti. Lado frequently performs her stand-up comedy routines throughout Los Angeles.
Lado started her career in Barcelona, Spain, writing and performing theater before moving to London, in the United Kingdom, where she studied at the London Conservatoire for Dance and Drama, as well as studying Semiotics at the University of London. She relocated to Los Angeles and completed a Meisner technique two-year conservatory program with William Esper disciple Joshua Bitton. After auditioning for admission at the prestigious The Groundlings school, Lado was accepted and joined their competitive program for improvisational and sketch comedy.
The actress went behind the lens to direct a digital campaign in Central Park, New York, for Reebok as well as in her hometown, Barcelona, for Thrasher Skateboarding magazine with reporter Raisinman. Lado has done voice overs for The Walt Disney Company and Sony Animation, promoting the Academy Award winning films Frozen and Zootopia, the Tinkerbell DVD series, and Hotel Transylvania 2. She curated a film retrospective that showed at the Soho House in Hollywood during The Golden Globe Awards week.
Lado has appeared as TV host for Spanish channels including the Spanish National Television "TVE1", covering the Barcelona and New York Fashion Weeks among other events. She has worked commercially with brands, as Brand Ambassador and Influencer, having been featured in international publications, including Vogue.
Lado's public life garnered the interest of magazines and other publications, mostly related to the fashion and lifestyle industries. Lado hosted an event in New York City for Carolina Herrera that was named "the most exclusive party in New York" by Glamour magazine. She attracted the attention of the Los Angeles writer Ali Trachta, who wrote a profile article about her for the tabloid LA Weekly, in which she named Lado the "Coolest girl in the room" after meeting Lado at the Chateau Marmont in Hollywood. She is called "marvelous" by the Spanish network Tendencias TV who compares Lado's life to The CW series Gossip Girl. Lado's personal appearances are captured by the industry's most renowned photographers such as Patrick McMullan, Emanuele D'Angelo "LIVINCOOL" for Interview Magazine, Mark Hunter "The Cobrasnake" at Jeremy Scott's front row, and Kevin Tachman. Hamptons magazine featured the actress at the front row in Milk Studios during New York Fashion Week. Lado is featured in international publications, such as Vogue, Glamour, Marie Claire, and Grazia. Lado is one of the Influencers followed by MTV during their Coachella Music Festival docu-series in 2016.
An identified philanthropist, Lado made personal appearances at the powerful amfAR fundraising galas in Cannes, New York City, and Los Angeles. She has been personally involved with children causes such as the Harapan project in Sumbawa, Indonesia, as well as Reading Partners, a charity that helps raise the literacy among children in Los Angeles.
Lado's fashion style has been documented on magazines and best-dressed lists. Often associated with the fashion industry, she is a regular at the front rows of the prominent London Fashion Week and New York Fashion Week shows. She is credited as a fashion stylist in the 2015 Christmas issue of the popular Hello! magazine in Spain, Revista ¡HOLA!. The popular fashion site Jezebel wrote that "Diana Lado looks like a witch getting ready for bed, in a good way" after Lado appeared in a goth inspired look for the red carpet of the amfAR gala in Cipriani, Wall Street, in New York City. Lado has been Brand Ambassador for Spanish clothing brands Mango, Carolina Herrera, and Rosa Clará, among others, and has worked with the British Topshop on many collaborations, including the "Top 10 Influential Women of LA" during Oscars week in Hollywood.
Lado lives in Los Angeles. She is in a relationship with the American artist Logan Yuzna. Both were photographed on the red carpet of The Golden Globe Awards as well as at the Avengers 2 world premiere, and later confirmed to MTV being romantically involved. Since her personal relationship with Yuzna, Lado has been associated with skateboarding culture and has appeared in the animated series "King Raisin" as a regular character named Zoe.
- "Spanish TV personality Diana Lado attends "Avengers, Age of Ultron" premiere in Hollywood, California". Alamy. Archived from the original on 2016-01-27. Retrieved 2016-01-18.
- "Diana Lado is a Spanish-American actress on the Internet Movie Database". Internet Movie Database.
- "Internet Movie Database Diana Lado biography". Internet Movie Database.
- "Actor Diana Lado Representation (and agents)". Actress Diana Lado Casting Website.
- "Diana Lado Comedy Act in Los Angeles".
- "Diana Lado on Vogue Italia feature". VOGUE.
- "Freixenet New York Fashion Week video". Freixenet Barcelona YouTube Channel.
- "Segura Viudas x Paul & Andre Los Angeles". Segura Viudas YouTube Channel.
- "Diana Lado Brand Ambassador and Cool Hunter". Luxury Beauty Products. Archived from the original on 2016-03-10.
- "Diana Lado Interviewed as Cool Hunter". WRadio690.
- "VOGUE SPAIN - Diana Lado style on the red carpet". VOGUE.
- "Actress Diana Lado photographed for INTERVIEW MAGAZINE & UTA FINE ARTS CELEBRATE WITH TIFFANY & CO. by Emanuele D'Angelo".
- "New York Fashion Week Front Row at Jeremy Scott".
- "Hamptons Magazine feature actress Diana Lado at the front row during New York Fashion Week".
- "STARSIGHTINGS - Annual Women in Art Benefit, Miami, FL". Starsightings.com.
- "Following Diana Backstage to Front Row at NYFW". Following Diana YouTube Channel.
- "LA Weekly - The Coolest Girl In The Room". LA Weekly - Digital Issue.
- "Tendencias TV - Following Diana "Diana is marvelous"". Tendencias TV.
- "VOGUE NL - Diana Lado on the red carpet "amfAR gala New York"". VOGUE.
- "GLAMOUR en la fiesta mas exclusiva de Nueva York". Glamour Magazine.
- "Jezebel fashion publication - style analysis of Models and Actresses on the Red Carpet". Jezebel.
- "Diana Lado Style, Fashion & Looks". Stylebistro.
- "Style Blazer "The Fashion Flock in Palm Springs"". StyleBlazer.
- "Best dressed guests: Diana Lado". Guest of a Guest. Archived from the original on 2016-01-26.
- "Girl Power Italy "Diana Lado 60s Outfit"". IT Girl Power. Archived from the original on 2016-01-26.
- "Model Diana Lado on Diez Minutos (Spain)". Diez Minutos. Archived from the original on 2016-01-25.
- "Celebrities at Emilio de la Morena front row London Fashion Week". Starsightings.com.
- "Front Row New York Fashion Week Jeremy Scott". The Cobrasnake.[permanent dead link]
- "Hola.com - Look and Fashion". ¡HOLA! Magazine.
- "Harvey Weinstein hosts Art soiree in Beverly Hills". The Daily Truffle.
- "LA Weekly "Cinefamily" star studded telethon". LA Weekly.
- "Lyndon Lea & his Santa Barbara Polo party Ranch". The Daily Truffle.
- "Moschino and Jeremy Scott - Miami Art Basel". Following Diana. Archived from the original on 2016-01-26.
- "Diana Lado official / charity". Diana Lado Official Website.