La 1 (Spanish TV channel)
La 1 (The One), is the flagship television channel of Spanish public broadcaster Radiotelevisión Española (RTVE). It was launched on 28 October 1956, being the first television service to ever operate in Spain.
|Broadcast area||Nationwide, Andorra also parts of France and Portugal|
|Headquarters||Prado del Rey, Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid)|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Sister channels||La 2|
Star TVE HD
|Launched||28 October 1956|
|Digital terrestrial television||Spain: Depends on each province |
|Vodafone TV||Channel 1|
|Orange TV||Channel 1|
Its programming is aimed to a wide range of audiences and includes news (Telediario & Informe Semanal), debate programmes, documentaries, sports and entertainment shows. It airs in a 1080i HDTV resolution.
Televisión Española (TVE), was the original name of the channel from 1956 until the launch of sister channel TVE2 in 1966. It was known from then mainly as Primera Cadena, and alternately in the 1970s as Primer Programa and later as TVE1. In the 1990s it was renamed as La Primera.
Logos and identitiesEdit
- G. Gómez, Rosario (16 July 2009). "TVE dejará de emitir publicidad en 2010". El País (in Spanish). Madrid: Prisa. Retrieved 21 February 2019.
- "Televisión Española comienza el año 2014 en Alta Definición". Corporación de Radio y Televisión Española (in Spanish). 30 December 2013. Retrieved 21 February 2019.
- Although the official one changed in 1992, this logo continued to be used as an overlay until 2003.
- The overlay logo had the TVE branding at the bottom and three-dimensional effects.
- Official site (in Spanish)