|• Total||176.33 km2 (68.08 sq mi)|
|• Density||710/km2 (1,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
|Website||Official Map of Debhata|
Debhata is located at. It has 17724 households and total area 176.33 km2.
Debhata Upazila is bounded by Satkhira Sadar Upazila on the north, Assasuni Upazila and Satkhira Sadar Upazila on the east, Kaliganj Upazila on the south and Hasnabad and Basirhat I CD Blocks in North 24 Parganas district in West Bengal, India on the west.
According to the 2011 Bangladesh census, Debhata had a population of 125,358. Males constituted 49.80% of the population and females 50.20%. Muslims formed 81.19% of the population, Hindus 18.80% and Christians 0.01%. Debhata had a literacy rate of 54.82% for the population 7 years and above.
According to the 1991 Bangladesh census, Debhata had a population of 99068. Males constituted 51.11% of the population, and females 48.89%. The population aged 18 or over was 50,418. Debhata has an average literacy rate of 30.9% (7+ years), compared to the national average of 32.4%.
- Mridha, Amarendra Nath (2012). "Debhata Upazila". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Debhata Upazila". Banglapedia. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- "Bangladesh Population and Housing Census 2011: Zila Report – Satkhira" (PDF). Table P01 : Household and Population by Sex and Residence, Table P05 : Population by Religion, Age group and Residence, Table P09 : Literacy of Population 7 Years & Above by Religion, Sex and Residence. Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), Ministry of Planning, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. Retrieved 17 December 2018.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
- "District Statistics 2011: Satkhira" (PDF). Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 November 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2014.